Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I'm finally returning to Molineux

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As you return @Erick1011, I miss another 2 league games due to the train strikes and no return train home, managed 2 home games so far this nseason as a ST holder and sadly, finally realised I dont really miss it. Ticket in SL1 for Brighton and Arsenal available.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As you return @Erick1011, I miss another 2 league games due to the train strikes and no return train home, managed 2 home games so far this nseason as a ST holder and sadly, finally realised I dont really miss it. Ticket in SL1 for Brighton and Arsenal available.
Sad for you to read this Rhos. This year I have bowed to the inevitable; age, train disruptions and costs have meant I gave up my ST. I know we're having a **** season but like you I too don't miss it.
Safe trip over Erick!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Molineux Mix,

So after years of not seeing my beloved Wolves in person, I'm finally returning to Molineux, this time with my wife.
I'm going to the Wolves vs Leeds United cup game. We'll be flying into London on Nov. 7th, and we'll be there until Nov. 11th.
The plan is to take a train from London to Wolverhampton, but I'm currently having trouble booking a train ticket - and no idea what to do about the return since the game is a late night game. Anyway, since the game is on Nov. 9th, and my birthday is on Nov. 10th, it's a perfect time to see Wolves, and with Julen's imminent arrival, we might actually give Leeds United a game this time.

Any tips for the trains? I figured I can go to the station a few days before the game to buy the one-way fare, but for the return to London I'm still not sure what to do about it. Are there late night trains? Should I plan to stay in Wolverhampton overnight?

Thanks all - and hope to see some of you out there.

Erick

Hope it goes well for you Erick. Once our new house is built i'll be making the visit again. One year i made a 20000 mile round trip in 72 hours to watch us play Crewe. Never again like that! I'll stay for a month this time!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can avoid the bottlenecks on the M6 if you are prepared to pay for the toll road.
My brother in law is a United fan. He came over from Seattle to watch the 0 0 with Newcastle, 10,000 miles for 0 goals lol.

In his drive up from Basingstoke, the toll road would have saved him 1 minute according to google maps.

Use maps and trust the blue line.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My brother in law is a United fan. He came over from Seattle to watch the 0 0 with Newcastle, 10,000 miles for 0 goals lol.

In his drive up from Basingstoke, the toll road would have saved him 1 minute according to google maps.

Use maps and trust the blue line.
It all depends on the time of day. Getting to evening matches the toll road is usually much quicker.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes! That’s what some people called me :)
I’m hoping my wife’s first game starts with a win or else I’m doomed.

My record is only during League One, however, and we were pretty dominant that season.

Oldham 0 - 3 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 0 Bradford
Wolves 2 - 0 Notts County
Wolves 3 - 0 Port Vale
Walsall 0 - 3 Wolves
Sheffield United 0 - 2 Wolves
MK Dons 0 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 0 Peterborough
Wolves 6 - 4 Rotherham
Coventry 1 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 3 - 0 Carlisle
Bloody fair weather fans ;)

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Yes! That’s what some people called me :)
I’m hoping my wife’s first game starts with a win or else I’m doomed.

My record is only during League One, however, and we were pretty dominant that season.

Oldham 0 - 3 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 0 Bradford
Wolves 2 - 0 Notts County
Wolves 3 - 0 Port Vale
Walsall 0 - 3 Wolves
Sheffield United 0 - 2 Wolves
MK Dons 0 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 0 Peterborough
Wolves 6 - 4 Rotherham
Coventry 1 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 3 - 0 Carlisle

Would cut off a toe to be able to go back in time to 6-4 Rotherham

Enjoy it my friend, get the lovely lady a pork joint

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Supporting Wolves isn't about winning, but belonging to a historical special club. It is a feeling, a passion. It isn't something you can turn off or put down. It is something you take with you to the grave.
It´s not even belonging to a historical special club.
It´s just is..I truly believes one doesn´t pick one´s team.
It´s just the way it is..either it is the team you dad brought you to when being a small kid.That is the local thingy of it.

I just cannot pinpoint why I started supported Wolves as a six year old swede.
Wolves being on the telly was of course a factor..but there were alot of other teams on as well.
I blame Kenny Hibbitt.
Alot of Swedewolves is doing that you know.
He was the real cult hero back then in Sweden I think.
I´ll always love The King Kenny.For me it´s Hibbitt,not Sir Bull.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It´s not even belonging to a historical special club.
It´s just is..I truly believes one doesn´t pick one´s team.
It´s just the way it is..either it is the team you dad brought you to when being a small kid.That is the local thingy of it.

I just cannot pinpoint why I started supported Wolves as a six year old swede.
Wolves being on the telly was of course a factor..but there were alot of other teams on as well.
I blame Kenny Hibbitt.
Alot of Swedewolves is doing that you know.
He was the real cult hero back then in Sweden I think.
I´ll always love The King Kenny.For me it´s Hibbitt,not Sir Bull.

So many icons to choose from back then. Keep the faith! UTW.

hankin

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The rail strikes for next week have been suspended!

paxrax

Groupie
Reaction score
The rail strikes for next week have been suspended!
unfortunately there will, apparently, still be disruption.

It had planned to take strike action at five train firms including Avanti West Coast and West Midlands Trains.
Avanti said on Friday it would not reinstate services on Saturday, Monday and Wednesday.
West Midlands Trains said a reduced timetable will remain in place for at least Saturday and Monday.

edit - just had a quick look, a few options from euston to wolves on 9th and going back on the 10th.

probably best to look at

Last edited:

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Finally booked a train ticket. I’ll be arriving in Wolvo at around 1530. Now just gotta find an overnight stay since going back to London seems unlikely so late at night.

W

WasStefan

Finally booked a train ticket. I’ll be arriving in Wolvo at around 1530. Now just gotta find an overnight stay since going back to London seems unlikely so late at night.
Novotel or the mount. Novotel probably a bit easier as its 2 mins walk to the train station and 10 mins from Molineux.

Or the premier inn, again 2 mins to the station and 5 mins to Molineux. (If your priority is a decent cooked breakfast then this would be my choice)

Last edited by a moderator:

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Novotel or the mount. Novotel probably a bit easier as its 2 mins walk to the train station and 10 mins from Molineux.

Or the premier inn, again 2 mins to the station and 5 mins to Molineux. (If your priority is a decent cooked breakfast then this would be my choice)
Tried Novotel but there's no more rooms available. I'll have to check The Mount. Thank you!

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tried Novotel but there's no more rooms available. I'll have to check The Mount. Thank you!
Britannia is still there isn´t it?
Perhaps not for the fancy one´s..but it is cheap and it is central.
Don´t think they have pizzapolice nowadays as well..:)

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Could you not travel from Euston to Wolverhampton via Birmingham New Street and check your baggage into a hotel in town.
You could then continue your journey afterwards to Wolves, and there would be services back to Birmingham after the game.

Just another option perhaps.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at Booking...most seem sold out.
Connaught Hotel still has a room available though...standard king.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Britannia is still there isn´t it?
Perhaps not for the fancy one´s..but it is cheap and it is central.
Don´t think they have pizzapolice nowadays as well..:)
Seriously avoid if possible. We stayed there on the night we beat Man Utd in the cup. Awful.

Reactions: Ian
W

WasStefan

Ended up at Holiday Inn at the Racecourse. The closer the better! Cheers to @StefanWolves and @PumpKing for the help :grinning:
Didnt think of that! interestingly i met a mexican couple last winter who came over to watch Raul (and he was banned lol) and they stopped there.

HolidayInn is walkable, but a bit ropey walking through whitmore reans!

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t touch the Britannia with a barge pole .
Stayed there many a times and I haven´t had a problem.
It´s seriously outdated,but if the only thing one looks for is a rough over head nighttime then it works for me.
Biggest problem is finding one´s room..there is a serious maze of corridors and stuff in there.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Stayed there many a times and I haven´t had a problem.
It´s seriously outdated,but if the only thing one looks for is a rough over head nighttime then it works for me.
Biggest problem is finding one´s room..there is a serious maze of corridors and stuff in there.
We went to a Christmas meal there from work a few years back and there was a massive fight in the bar with blood everywhere and puke all over the place.
Not long afterwards our daughter was returning from Birmingham with our Granddaughter and someone came running out with a gun and once again it kicked off.
Apparently the place is now used to house refugee families

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We went to a Christmas meal there from work a few years back and there was a massive fight in the bar with blood everywhere and puke all over the place.
Not long afterwards our daughter was returning from Birmingham with our Granddaughter and someone came running out with a gun and once again it kicked off.
Apparently the place is now used to house refugee families
That sounds ugly.
Never used the bar there myself..or even had one of their meals as Moon is right across the street.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t touch the Britannia with a barge pole .
Too damned right. A friend of mine stayed there once and once only - absolutely filthy - blood stains on the bedsheets and used condoms under the bed.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom