Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I'm finally returning to Molineux

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Hi Molineux Mix,

So after years of not seeing my beloved Wolves in person, I'm finally returning to Molineux, this time with my wife.
I'm going to the Wolves vs Leeds United cup game. We'll be flying into London on Nov. 7th, and we'll be there until Nov. 11th.
The plan is to take a train from London to Wolverhampton, but I'm currently having trouble booking a train ticket - and no idea what to do about the return since the game is a late night game. Anyway, since the game is on Nov. 9th, and my birthday is on Nov. 10th, it's a perfect time to see Wolves, and with Julen's imminent arrival, we might actually give Leeds United a game this time.

Any tips for the trains? I figured I can go to the station a few days before the game to buy the one-way fare, but for the return to London I'm still not sure what to do about it. Are there late night trains? Should I plan to stay in Wolverhampton overnight?

Thanks all - and hope to see some of you out there.

Erick

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Molineux Mix,

So after years of not seeing my beloved Wolves in person, I'm finally returning to Molineux, this time with my wife.
I'm going to the Wolves vs Leeds United cup game. We'll be flying into London on Nov. 7th, and we'll be there until Nov. 11th.
The plan is to take a train from London to Wolverhampton, but I'm currently having trouble booking a train ticket - and no idea what to do about the return since the game is a late night game. Anyway, since the game is on Nov. 9th, and my birthday is on Nov. 10th, it's a perfect time to see Wolves, and with Julen's imminent arrival, we might actually give Leeds United a game this time.

Any tips for the trains? I figured I can go to the station a few days before the game to buy the one-way fare, but for the return to London I'm still not sure what to do about it. Are there late night trains? Should I plan to stay in Wolverhampton overnight?

Erick
Hey that’s great…..hope all runs smoothly for you both, transit wise. Obviously I can’t help you with that but the Mixers will help you. They are always a wealth of knowledge.
Hope you get to see Wolves beat Leeds …..that would be a great birthday present for you.
Enjoy your trip. Cheers.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are train strikes on Wed 9 Nov
Gutted for you on that one so you need to make alternative travel arrangements

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m coming back as well after 24 years from Oz. My son and i have tickets for Arsenal game. Watch them all live at home but nothing beats a live game . Can’t wait - c’mon me babbies
Hope you and your son get to see Wolves win…….it’s doable :)

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
You were a lucky charm last time I think?
Yes! That’s what some people called me :)
I’m hoping my wife’s first game starts with a win or else I’m doomed.

My record is only during League One, however, and we were pretty dominant that season.

Oldham 0 - 3 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 0 Bradford
Wolves 2 - 0 Notts County
Wolves 3 - 0 Port Vale
Walsall 0 - 3 Wolves
Sheffield United 0 - 2 Wolves
MK Dons 0 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 0 Peterborough
Wolves 6 - 4 Rotherham
Coventry 1 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 3 - 0 Carlisle

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My record is only during League One, however, and we were pretty dominant that season.

Oldham 0 - 3 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 0 Bradford
Wolves 3 - 0 Port Vale
Walsall 0 - 3 Wolves
MK Dons 0 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 6 - 4 Rotherham
Coventry 1 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 3 - 0 Carlisle
You've been spoiled, it's not always like that!!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get the bus, stay overnight and go back the next day. Avanti are the worst train company in living memory, quite apart from the strikes. If you could spare a couple of hours I could tell you a few recent stories about trying to travel with them. Take the bus.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oldham 0 - 3 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 0 Bradford
Wolves 3 - 0 Port Vale
Walsall 0 - 3 Wolves
MK Dons 0 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 6 - 4 Rotherham
Coventry 1 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 3 - 0 Carlisle
I remember picking you up outside Yorkshire TV on a cold night for your very first game against Oldham,
I thought who's the Jesus look alike ...
After a bloody freezing cold night and drive thru KFC what a great bloke you turned out to be and a friend from across the pond.

Minibus trip to MK Don's, home games where you never saw us concede a goal.
Pumpking arranging flag waving on side of the pitch...

Congratulations on the recent wedding and I'd love nothing more against Leeds as you know that's a game which has personal relevance to me.

I hope maybe someone from Lonfon Wolves could help this Adopted Yorkshire Wolves fan with transport.

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oldham 0 - 3 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 0 Bradford
Wolves 3 - 0 Port Vale
Walsall 0 - 3 Wolves
MK Dons 0 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 6 - 4 Rotherham
Coventry 1 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 3 - 0 Carlisle

Welcome back Erick,

The highlighted match was probably the maddest game I have ever encountered at Molineux.
It was my wife's only visit to the hallowed turf and afterwards she described the game as 'ok'ish'.
I realised in that moment that football is just not for her!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Oldham 0 - 3 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 0 Bradford
Wolves 3 - 0 Port Vale
Walsall 0 - 3 Wolves
MK Dons 0 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 6 - 4 Rotherham
Coventry 1 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 3 - 0 Carlisle
Great record hopefully you can make the step up to premier league

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome back Erick,

The highlighted match was probably the maddest game I have ever encountered at Molineux.
It was my wife's only visit to the hallowed turf and afterwards she described the game as 'ok'ish'.
I realised in that moment that football is just not for her!
It was a great game...I went instead of Edgy who couldn't attend. I may have reminded him of it a couple of times!
Hope all goes well Erick.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I remember picking you up outside Yorkshire TV on a cold night for your very first game against Oldham,
After a bloody freezing cold night and drive thru KFC
Unforgettable times mate!
You attending the cup game?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Molineux Mix,

Erick
Erick Welcome back. Your timing is unfortunate though. Unfortunately there are rail strikes all week, including on 7 Nov 22, which is likely causing the problem.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
National Express coaches might be worth a try?
London Victoria to Wolverhampton
Consider Flixbus and/or Megabus to Birmingham too then get the tram to Wolvo. All three coach companies have cranked up their prices massively though. Nothing under £25 one way for Brum to London on Saturday for example.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After a bloody freezing cold night and drive thru KFC what a great bloke you turned out to be and a friend from across the pond.

Minibus trip to MK Don's, home games where you never saw us concede a goal.
Pumpking arranging flag waving on side of the pitch...

Congratulations on the recent wedding and I'd love nothing more against Leeds as you know that's a game which has personal relevance to me.

I hope maybe someone from Lonfon Wolves could help this Adopted Yorkshire Wolves fan with transport.
The Wolves fanclub mafia will try to help if they can - Telford Wolves were good for me.... As a London Wolves member l would say try contacting the travel secretary Peter Woodifield (a great bloke even if he is a Barney Rubble lookalike!) - contact info is on the London Wolves website. There might possibly be a car with a free slot....

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oldham 0 - 3 Wolves
Wolves 2 - 0 Bradford
Wolves 3 - 0 Port Vale
Walsall 0 - 3 Wolves
MK Dons 0 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 6 - 4 Rotherham
Coventry 1 - 1 Wolves
Wolves 3 - 0 Carlisle

With a record like that we will expect nothing short of a decisive Wolves victory on your return to Molinuex!!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My advice would be to hire a car .
Book a night at The Mount in Tettenhall , and have a chat with Julen when you're there.
Dont pay or rely on the awful train service.
And on your birthday a trip around the brilliant Wightwick Manor with the wife .
Enjoy the stay and good luck.

W

WasStefan

Hi Molineux Mix,

Erick
Trains are a mess due to strikes and Avanti being absolutely dog **** (they operate the western main line you’ll probably be using unless you go for one of the super slow trains)

Personally i’d probably book a train on the day (IF you can, who knows how well taken up the strike will be) or a few days before and stop over. Getting a train back late at night and tube back to your digs will be a pain in the **** after 10pm.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My experience has been that on strike days there are some services running on the West Coast Main Line (from Euston), so you may be able to get to Wolverhampton but probably not return same day. If that is the case, book yourself into a hotel in town for a cosy overnight stay.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My advice would be to hire a car .
Book a night at The Mount in Tettenhall , and have a chat with Julen when you're there.
Dont pay or rely on the awful train service.
And on your birthday a trip around the brilliant Wightwick Manor with the wife .
Enjoy the stay and good luck.
It's his birthday, not hers. Wolves museum surely?

I agree about the hire car though.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably the cheapest way to do it. But depending on where they are in London, could be an experience !
@Erick1011 rent a car from Kings Cross station. It's a main hub for europcar and is just outside the congestion charge zone which over 2 days will save you £30. It's main roads all the way out the City too and in North London so it's kind of on the way to Wolverhampton.

You can rent a car for $100 for 24hrs plus petrol, it's still the cheapest way to get two people to the West Midlands and back.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Erick1011 rent a car from Kings Cross station. It's a main hub for europcar and is just outside the congestion charge zone which over 2 days will save you £30. It's main roads all the way out the City too and in North London so it's kind of on the way to Wolverhampton.

You can rent a car for $100 for 24hrs plus petrol, it's still the cheapest way to get two people to the West Midlands and back.
I live in Islington. On a bad day it can take 2 hours plus to get from Kings Cross to the M1.....

W

WasStefan

That is surprisingly fast. You hit two of the worst bits of the motorway network (the M1 near Luton where it joins the M25) and the M6/M5 join by the RAC control cabin the Wolvo side of Brum....
M6 J8-11 is a write off at most times, but after 3pm it’s just a disaster.

Fwiw i would probably drive, but it’s still a ball ache especially being foreign to our roads

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is surprisingly fast. You hit two of the worst bits of the motorway network (the M1 near Luton where it joins the M25) and the M6/M5 join by the RAC control cabin the Wolvo side of Brum....
I've been driving commercially for twenty years. If you leave Kings Cross at lunchtime, you SHOULD be okay.

It's all about timings. If I leave Andover at 5:30am, I'll be at Tower Bridge by 7:30. Leave at 6:00, I'll arrive at 9:30.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been driving commercially for twenty years. If you leave Kings Cross at lunchtime, you SHOULD be okay.

It's all about timings. If I leave Andover at 5:30am, I'll be at Tower Bridge by 7:30. Leave at 6:00, I'll arrive at 9:30.
True enough.

R

reanswolf

Looks like gonna be a **** crowd about 15000 for this. Shame it’s such a crap game to choose.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice one mate, enjoy it. But Christ you've picked the worst week transport wise. Lots of strikes on the trains at the moment but that week it's horrendous.

Back
Top Bottom