Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I know it’s the One Show but.......

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not exactly my favourite show on T.V. but it might be worth watching, just this once.

In case anyone is interested, filming is taking place today by the ground covering a feature on the oldest football chants.
Wolves have been highlighted because we appear to have one of the very earliest. Written by no less than our most enthusiastic fan, Edward Elgar.

I’m sure many of you are already familiar with this little masterpiece, which goes by the title of “He banged the Leather for the Goal”
A group of Wolves fans, led mainly by Telford Wolves are being filmed chanting this ditty and it will be shown some time later on in the One Show feature.
I can’t say for second that this chant will ever catch on in the ground, for as much as I love Elgar’s other music, I fear that we must have lost on the day that he put pen to paper for this one.

As soon as we know when the broadcast will go out, we’ll let you know.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not exactly my favourite show on T.V. but it might be worth watching, just this once.

In case anyone is interested, filming is taking place today by the ground covering a feature on the oldest football chants.
Wolves have been highlighted because we appear to have one of the very earliest. Written by no less than our most enthusiastic fan, Edward Elgar.

I’m sure many of you are already familiar with this little masterpiece, which goes by the title of “He banged the Leather for the Goal”
A group of Wolves fans, led mainly by Telford Wolves are being filmed chanting this ditty and it will be shown some time later on in the One Show feature.
I can’t say for second that this chant will ever catch on in the ground, for as much as I love Elgar’s other music, I fear that we must have lost on the day that he put pen to paper for this one.

Hasn't the one show done this once before, tens year or so ago, with St Peter's Choir?

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thought Elgar wrote
"We will follow the Wanderers
Over Land and Sea, and Water
We will follow the Wanderers
Onto Victory"

Then he reused the tune for Land of Hope and Glory!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I should like this song. Seems that old leather is all I get to bang nowadays. Supple is just a memory. Sometimes I forget what the goal is.

Back
Top Bottom