Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to admit I was one of many who were wrong about him. Played in his best more central role he has that knack of being Johnny-on-the-spot. Also has a great engine. That early video clip of him losing the ball and Fabio laughing at him from the side-lines must be haunting Fabio now!

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can I just ask that we stop the chant and replace it as he’s no longer here for the season!

T

TheConcourse

It seems to me
That all you see
Is Pep Guardiola moan on TV

But where are those good old fashion values
On which we used to rely!
Hwang, is the Korean Guy
Lucky there’s a man who,
Poitively can do,
All the things that make Wolves
Laugh and cry!

He’s The Korean Guy!

——

You’re welcome

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I admit I was wrong about this guy. Great team player and can finish well. Going forward if we can get a settled front 3 which all inter change they will do well

Edmund Dantes

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have to admit I was one of many who were wrong about him. Played in his best more central role he has that knack of being Johnny-on-the-spot. Also has a great engine. That early video clip of him losing the ball and Fabio laughing at him from the side-lines must be haunting Fabio now!
Same. I feel pretty ashamed of my opinion of hiim before and how wrong I was.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really chuffed for the lad.

If we’re not careful, we’re gonna end up with a 20 plus goals a season forward.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me he was always the nearest we had to an old fashioned "goalscorer".
Due to physicality and instinct. Played far too wide over his time here.
His confidence is now up and he should be played more centrally.

Last edited:

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was actually a really cool finish yesterday and harder than it looked, could have easily hit a defender with it . Love how hard he works too, think the World Cup did him a lot of good, in terms of confidence and belief, think it changed some fan’s perceptions too.

No coincidence that all the managers have loved him too, comes across as an intelligent, hardworking humble young man.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's clearly enjoying his game right now, that's for sure and yesterday was testimony to that.
I'm felt so happy for him at the end as prior to kick off it was noticeable how many Koreans were around, many decked out in home colours.
A big shout also to Cunha as who unselfishly set Hwang up for the second.
Maybe, just maybe there's a partnership forming.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A huge step up in performance this season. Delighted for him.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's clearly enjoying his game right now, that's for sure and yesterday was testimony to that.
I'm felt so happy for him at the end as prior to kick off it was noticeable how many Koreans were around, many decked out in home colours.
A big shout also to Cunha as who unselfishly set Hwang up for the second.
Maybe, just maybe there's a partnership forming.
Jesus buddy…will you shut about a partnership.
You know we’re not allowed nice things.:);)

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of his technical attributes are below par but his workrate is exceptional and he has a good eye for goal, an underrated commodity for a side like ourselves who quite frankly don't create many chances.

Impressed with him so far this season, long may it continue.

JJ59

Reaction score
For me he was always the nearest we had to an old fashioned "goalscorer".
Due to physicality and instinct. Played far too wide over his time here.
His confidence is now up and he should be played more centrally.
Totally agree, has quick feet in a very pressurised area in front of goal. He should be our fox in the box!

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OMG, how the script has changed!
So pleased that at last he’s being appreciated rather than ridiculed on here!!
Wasn't it some players who did the laughing ? Those players who thought he wasn't technically as adept.
And actually many fans defended him .
Fans recognised his ability , but he was played out of position.
As I have posted before King John admitted he wasn't the greatest technical footballer in the team but he was a great goalscorer .
Such a player should not be played out of position as Alf Ramsay did with King John - IMO

Last edited:

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's not the most rechnically gifted on the ball, probably never will be, but no-one can question his attitude and work rate....also has that 'knack' of being in the right place, right time and regularly finds the net.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I must have been one of the few that didn't think he was all that bad, seemed to get scapegoated in my view. Workrate has always been there but added now that he's being played in the right positions and channels has made the world of difference.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must have been one of the few that didn't think he was all that bad, seemed to get scapegoated in my view. Workrate has always been there but added now that he's being played in the right positions and channels has made the world of difference.

Could argue that more than the work rate has always been there!

He's our top league goalscorer since he signed for us.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It seems to me
That all you see
Is Pep Guardiola moan on TV

But where are those good old fashion values
On which we used to rely!
Hwang, is the Korean Guy
Lucky there’s a man who,
Poitively can do,
All the things that make Wolves
Laugh and cry!

He’s The Korean Guy!

——

You’re welcome

This is witty and original it'll never catch on with wolves fans.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could argue that more than the work rate has always been there!

He's our top league goalscorer since he signed for us.
I think it's 12 PL goals in the equivalent of about 33 full PL matches since he joined us.

And, as pointed out above, he's not always been played in his best position - which makes his record all the more impressive IMV.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's 12 PL goals in the equivalent of about 33 full PL matches since he joined us.

And, as pointed out above, he's not always been played in his best position - which makes his record all the more impressive IMV.

Based on his minutes, 12 in 36.28 matches, just under 1 in 3 in the PL.

In addition to being played out of position, he's played under 4 different managers, been in and out of the side because of injuries, and in a side that for most of that time have been terrible in front of goal.

A very underrated player!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think his main problems have been that big loss of confidence that he had from the start of 2022 and linked to that, frequent missed matches with injury problems. He's rarely had chance to get up to any level of form, before he's been out for a few weeks injured.

That time when he could barely touch the ball without it going wrong wasn't imagined - I've always been supportive of him, but for a while he did look totally off it, though I do think there were justifiable reasons. The World Cup helped him regain confidence, too.

His attributes and character is well suited to this league, unlike some of the Portugese/Spanish signings we've made who are undoubtedly more skillful, but far less effective.

Back
Top Bottom