Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Hwang and he’s certainly got an eye for goal. Loved the goal last night, nice touch to get the ball out of his feet, then driven finish, laces through the ball, across the keeper into the far post, proper striker’s goal.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Hwang and he’s certainly got an eye for goal. Loved the goal last night, nice touch to get the ball out of his feet, then driven finish, laces through the ball, across the keeper into the far post, proper striker’s goal.
Me too. At the moment he’s our most reliable forward when it comes to scoring.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive always been a fan of him, even when he was getting stick. Simply because he always chips in with the odd goal or two.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Left footed finish as well. He can do it with either foot.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am big hwang fan, always have been, faith only tested after his spectacular volley assist for ASM…… but anyway I really like him and think he is a great bench option with the uncanny ability to score a goal no matter how ugly it looks by jumping on leggy tired defenders. A skill that is massively underrated in this day and age.

people moan about his shooting etc…. He is actually statistically our most accurate striker of a ball.

his minutes to goals is also very very good.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
I have always defended Hwang. Some things he doesn't do as well as some of our players, other attributes are much better. I prefer him more central. He is strong, quite quick and a decent finisher. His ball control, passing /distribution and some of the tackles he has made are not consistently at the level of many others. He will only get better and confidence helps obviously. A good option to have.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have always seen him as a very similar player to Jota. Almost a Jota-lite. Both very streaky players, blowing hot and cold. Like Hwang, Jota looked like he couldn’t trap a bag of sand at times. Then at others he was capable of the sublime. Both hard working terriers up front with a poachers instinct.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
He’ll be important this year. Our pressing yesterday was insanely good and he’s one of the best in the squad at doing it.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His performance at Anfield two seasons ago ranks as one of the most comically bad I’ve ever seen from a Wolves player in any league. That said the one thing he has is a big heart and his effort level never drops below 100%. He’s almost the complete opposite of Guedes and I’ll take Hwang over that waste of oxygen every time. I hope he can build on his start this season and become a valuable member of our squad.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've not been a big fan of his so far, but he has seemed to have a few niggly injuries during his time here, hopefully he can get over them and push on

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought he was crap: bad control, always complaining, moaning about others if he didn't get the pass, moaning about others if his own pass went astray; poor finishing under pressure, a sub average player with delusions of ok ability.
But I'd love to be wrong! Go on, Hwang , own the Premier league! Nice one if you can, genuinely
You talking about Podence?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keeps getting short bursts in the team.
But to me looks like a player who is fit, sharp, can finish and works well on the counter/ press. Got to be starting soon. Was semi expecting him starting ahead of Fabio for Brighton.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But to me looks like a player who is fit, sharp, can finish and works well on the counter/ press. Got to be starting soon. Was semi expecting him starting ahead of Fabio for Brighton.
Agreed - looked most dangerous and likely to score striker (also a good cameo and goal against Rennes).

T

TheConcourse

Yeah, would probably drop Neto for him atm and play him further forward with Silva.

Tbh, it’s all tedious. Seems whatever combination we use, we successfully manage to make every attacking player on the planet look dog dirt.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Cunha and Hwang could work together.. based on form, our best forward options as things stand.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang gets the abuse thst should have been aimed at Neto
Really like him should be a good solid starter in the championship

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PL stats for us:

3008 minutes - call it the equivalent of 31 games.

9 goals. 2 assists

The equivalent of 11 or 12 goals in a full season.

(source : Transfermkt)

Start him IMV.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang gets the abuse thst should have been aimed at Neto
Really like him should be a good solid starter in the championship
Why should we aim abuse at Neto? Jesus.

Can’t we just aim abuse at Fosun and try and give the players some support.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why should we aim abuse at Neto? Jesus.

Can’t we just aim abuse at Fosun and try and give the players some support.
Because aside from six months where there was no crowd he has been rubbish
And Hwang has received some horrible comments that aren’t deserved so my argument is if your going to pick on people be consistent with it
And yes in an ideal world it be all at Fosun but after the fan’s attitude yesterday that isn’t happening

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No.. our best players are the ones we loan out and then sell to championship clubs.
with many players it is a long term development these days and often that vcomes through loans. Its a matter of timing when we throw them in at the deep end in the first team. I feel that in the past when young players came into the team they were guided more by the senior players and then gained experiemce.
Not saying he would have made the grade but I noticed that Odoffin was playing for Rotherham yesterday and I think scored.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PL stats for us:

3008 minutes - call it the equivalent of 31 games.

9 goals. 2 assists

The equivalent of 11 or 12 goals in a full season.

(source : Transfermkt)

Start him IMV.

Keep quite about that. Fosun will want to sell him if they see it.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another hamstring injury? How long out this time? Pity.

I read something earlier that suggests his average time out with these hamstring issues has been 3-4 weeks (average across the three or four times he's done it over the past year or so).

So he'll miss Palace but then there's a two-week international break so perhaps he'd have a chance of returning after then. But depends how bad it is of course.

A real shame as I like him and he's really clever around the box - one I'd bank on scoring if he's in the box, but know he gets some stick and that some fans don't like him.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep saying it - Hwang should be playing in Cunha`s role, just off the striker. For me Cunha should take Nunes role if he leaves. The squad is too thin now.
Yep. Remember the Newcastle game when Hwang played and linked up with Raul? Scored a couple and we (me too) all came in our pants that we had finally replaced Jota?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me Hwang is our best goalscorer.
Nuno and Lopetegui had top medical teams and coaches . And few injuries.
Have we gone backwards to the Lage era of high injuries ?

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me Hwang is our best goalscorer.
Nuno and Lopetegui had top medical teams and coaches . And few injuries.
Have we gone backwards to the Lage era of high injuries ?
How long is he out for ?

Back
Top Bottom