Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Helder

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Helder is alive ! I saw him.

Indeed he is and not too long before he's kicking as well.

Watched him doing various complicated warming up procedures concentrating on his ankle. Looked fine to me.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
How many other teams in the Championship have a player of Costa's quality who hasn't kicked a ball yet? Not many, if any, I reckon. Without putting too much pressure on him, I do think once he's back in the side, he'll help us kick on to another level. Think teams will find it difficult to mark both him and Jota out of a game, if they're both on the pitch at the same time.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To those who went today, how did he play? Was he involved much? Any nice runs at opposition/taking on players?

So glad he's back.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looked very sharp to me. One great run in particular, with pace.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many other teams in the Championship have a player of Costa's quality who hasn't kicked a ball yet? Not many, if any, I reckon. Without putting too much pressure on him, I do think once he's back in the side, he'll help us kick on to another level. Think teams will find it difficult to mark both him and Jota out of a game, if they're both on the pitch at the same time.

You've made a superb point there Jade about player marking. When Costa was pretty much on his own, he was often nullified out of games by being marked by two or even three opposing players. Now that we have so many more highly skilled players up front, opponents cannot afford to have more than one on one. Gives us so much more freedom now.

L

Lincoln-WOLF

He looks like he's bulked up a bit to me, looks a lot stronger

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given it was his first proper action for nearly 6 months I thought he was excellent.

D

Deleted member 3518

I can assure you I was neither drunk nor confused - I was waiting with my six year old son for autographs! He said it!

Just seen this, apologies should have been clearer in what I posted, what I meant was my memory could be wrong as I was drunk or confused at the time.

D

Deleted member 4456

Hopefully it won't be too long before he's fully up to speed. Our front three could be pretty interesting in a few weeks.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Thought he looked sharper than I was expecting, although he obviously wasn't at full speed yet. Got a nasty whack in the first couple of minutes, but didn't seem too bothered by it. Think we'll see the best of Costa against the better sides, when we have less possession and have to try and play on the counter attack. I know that's not really how Nuno wants us to play, but like, when we play Leeds, Fulham, Villa, Norwich, teams like that, they'll probably have as much possession as we will, so it will be up to us to make the most of when we can break. That's where Costa will come into his own I reckon, and probably win us points just by himself. Exciting!

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks like he's bulked up a bit to me, looks a lot stronger

He definitely looks like he's filled out a bit to me too. When he first arrived I think the worry was he would be too lightweight. You wouldn't think that looking at him now.

D

Deleted member 4023

He definitely looks like he's filled out a bit to me too. When he first arrived I think the worry was he would be too lightweight. You wouldn't think that looking at him now.

I think I'd bulk out too - being whacked by neanderthals each time you get the ball

Back
Top Bottom