Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Heading for a sellout

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
My first game since Hunt papered over the cracks and helped send Blues down.

Looking forward to going back...

Welcome back, Dougal. Enjoy the game.

Good of you to admit that you haven't been to Molineux for a while.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but out of interest..

If you could give one reason for not attending since Hunty's magic goal, what would it be? Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dougal McGuire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did a fair few years STH in the North Bank, came to a bit of a crossroads and decided the time was right to dedicate my time (and money) to my other half (cycling). That & the mortgage pretty much take up all my resources so something had to give.

I watched us struggle season upon season to escape that league, finally get out of it only to get relegated, win it and then stay up.

Figured i'd been through the full set of emotions I could realistically hope for and a new experience was calling.

W

wolseleyw

Yesterday bloke behind us in the south bank kept asking who the No 7 was?

Sent from Wolseley

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Did a fair few years STH in the North Bank, came to a bit of a crossroads and decided the time was right to dedicate my time (and money) to my other half (cycling). That & the mortgage pretty much take up all my resources so something had to give.

I watched us struggle season upon season to escape that league, finally get out of it only to get relegated, win it and then stay up.

Figured i'd been through the full set of emotions I could realistically hope for and a new experience was calling.

Much appreciated, Dougal, thanks.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tesco Towns highest league attendance of the season was 26,397 vs Palace... I'll be happy if we get past that ! how embarrassing for them

Not sticking up for them but that's 3 seats short of their capacity these days.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Limited number of Wolves 4 Family Football tickets still available for Sunday's game. 2 adults and 2 juniors (16 or below) for £35 in Stan Cullis Quadrant, or upgrade for £50 to also get 2 adult and 2 junior museum tickets, a programme and 2 children’s meal boxes. Ticket Office open until 5pm today (FRI) and from 9am-1pm tomorrow.

Do you think i should put my lad through another day of misery?? hhaha

R

reanswolf

Do you think i should put my lad through another day of misery?? hhaha

I say fair play to them as well.

Whats the point of knocking Orient forgetting 6000 gates? They know they are not a big club and that most kids in their area support West Ham or Manure, or perhaps Spurs or Arsenal too.

I bet we lose in front of a crowd approaching 27000, as usual. We always seem to fail in front of our best crowds.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love to know where these extra 20k wolves fans were against Oldham

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The temp stand is no longer considered part of the stadiums capacity.

It will only return if we end up in the Prem, if it ever returns.

so, is our official capacity 31,700 (excluding temp stand)?

R

reanswolf

Love to know where these extra 20k wolves fans were against Oldham

Maws, football fans just aint like that. Thats fact. No point being bitter to them just because they do not attend each week mate.

At least they are attending in the 3rd division, albeit a potentially table topping game. Its hardly glory hunting on a grand scale.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I wish I was there, I love it when the ground is full

I will be deep in the countryside with no internet

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont care if people like me go to five games max a season or people like edgy dews essex etc go all over the place. We are supporters. Its my first game this season and I cant wait. I dont post on match verdicts if I havent been either. So in reply to maws im one of the missing ten thousand and thats up to me.

S

Stratford Wolf

Could not face taking the kids boxing day after last year against Peterborough .... taking them Sunday tho - can't wait #COYW

R

reanswolf

I dont care if people like me go to five games max a season or people like edgy dews essex etc go all over the place. We are supporters. Its my first game this season and I cant wait. I dont post on match verdicts if I havent been either. So in reply to maws im one of the missing ten thousand and thats up to me.

Well said mate.

I go to most home games, but not all.

R

reanswolf

Edge and Stratford - you know it will be a let down, always the way with Wolves.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Enjoy the game mate!

I hope the Golden Palace is full and has a great atmosphere. Sorry to be missing this one, really am :embarassed:

Sing loud and proud mate it is your football team

R

reanswolf

Fair play, what made you return?

Dunno Penk, I know you won't agree but up to the premiership I had always either had a ST (for years) or gone to most home and away games ad hoc.

I intended to get a ST with several mates when we returned to the prem (call it glory hunting if you want though we had always been to most games anyway). We were put off instantly by the £528 price. It killed the habit of a group of us going because it became harder to get match tickets, away at least.

You know i dislike Moxey, well there's your reason. It made me and many others question the whole point of attending if you were priced out when you get to the top flight.

I do admit I could not go week in week out for life, I have had other costs and priorities like having 2 young kids when I was 40, so I had to pick my matches for a year or two anyway.

I was at Chorley (first 2 of 2 games) and have followed us religiously since 1980 (first game 1969).

To have one greedy ********** pricing me out made me bitter and angry - he is so out of touch with the area, I still want him gone asap or reduced to pure financial role. Sooner the better. I know you disagree.

I now feel slightly more in touch with a more concilliatary Wolves (though that has been forced upon them to be honest), you know I lobbied hard for 18-21 tickets and cheaper non early bird ST's following the £528 scandal, or at least a lifting of the barring non-existing ST holders to buy in at early bird rates.

Sorry to go on. I acknowledge the best fans are the ST holders, no issues with that, but the rest of us should count as well and are not open to financial manipulation.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im takeing a swans fan so I hope we try play bit swans type football lol

E

Edgmond Wolf

Dunno Penk, I know you won't agree but up to the premiership I had always either had a ST (for years) or gone to most home and away games ad hoc.

I intended to get a ST with several mates when we returned to the prem (call it glory hunting if you want though we had always been to most games anyway). We were put off instantly by the £528 price. It killed the habit of a group of us going because it became harder to get match tickets, away at least.

You know i dislike Moxey, well there's your reason. It made me and many others question the whole point of attending if you were priced out when you get to the top flight.

I do admit I could not go week in week out for life, I have had other costs and priorities like having 2 young kids when I was 40, so I had to pick my matches for a year or two anyway.

I was at Chorley (first 2 of 2 games) and have followed us religiously since 1980 (first game 1969).

To have one greedy ********** pricing me out made me bitter and angry - he is so out of touch with the area, I still want him gone asap or reduced to pure financial role. Sooner the better. I know you disagree.

I now feel slightly more in touch with a more concilliatary Wolves (though that has been forced upon them to be honest), you know I lobbied hard for 18-21 tickets and cheaper non early bird ST's following the £528 scandal, or at least a lifting of the barring non-existing ST holders to buy in at early bird rates.

Sorry to go on. I acknowledge the best fans are the ST holders, no issues with that, but the rest of us should count as well and are not open to financial manipulation.

You are a fan too mate, I have no issues with that!

Sorry you got priced out and can understand your feelings

PS you were doing so well until you mentioned Chorley :D

P

Penk Wolf

At least you are back and enjoying it Reans, that's the most important thing in all of it.

R

reanswolf

Thanks lads, not sure I have been enjoying it tho. Not until I see us capable of dominating midfield again.

My lad loves us tho, gone thru and past that worrying "can I support a good team dad" stage.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
what's billy wright and Steve bull looking like? I doubt it will be a sell out. Surely the whole northbank and that corner won't be full

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I found this brilliant panoramic on the net and it shows the no-mans land in the North bank as a black strip of covered seats (for those who want to know).
http://360.io/7rTpWM

Last edited by a moderator:
R

reanswolf

what's billy wright and Steve bull looking like? I doubt it will be a sell out. Surely the whole northbank and that corner won't be full

The Billy Wright still has about 800 plus seats left, seems to be the stand most struggling to sell-out.

The Steve Bull upper has just over 130 left I think, and the extra wing at the South bank end of the upper tier that came on sale yesterday is now down to about 80 tickets (of those 130), so that has sold very quickly.

What is unknown is how many have been sold in the North Bank quadrant on the 4 for £40 but I believe the club says there is limited availability. So all in all, I will be disappointed if there is not 27000 in there tomorrow. Maybe even more.

Back
Top Bottom