Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hayao Kawabe

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the basis that he probably will never play for us and yet we have shelled out £500K I just don’t see what we get out of this ?
I am sick of deal after deal of players arriving then being shipped out and hardly ever seen or heard of again
If we attacked on both fronts and brought in young players but still concentrated on the core business of the club ,namely the first team fans would go along with it but here we are again
Mathieson ,Gomes and the Hungarian lad are other recent examples where players just eventually disappear into the ether .
Re the last paragraph all are young kids so it’s a bit harsh to say they’ve disappeared into the ether especially in the case of Bolla and Gomes who have been getting rave reviews on loan, if anything I’d say they are a success right now.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having an established network of clubs to essentially train up players with a potential of unearthing a gem is part of the modern game.

City have Girona, Lommel and Troyes whilst owning New York City FC and Melbourne.
Don’t be crazy with the long term planning and looking at what other successful clubs do, we MUST spend every single penny on the first team IMMEDIATELY.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having an established network of clubs to essentially train up players with a potential of unearthing a gem is part of the modern game.

City have Girona, Lommel and Troyes whilst owning New York City FC and Melbourne.
doesnt mean to say its right or you have to like it.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has there been any other interest in signing him from other prem teams? Feels an odd signing to me.
Sure, I'll try and make up a couple of fake profiles.
I'll soon have him the most wanted man to ever cross the Alps after Hannibal.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting. I read a rumour a few days ago on a Grasshoppers forum that they’d be without Gomes and Kawabe in January and possibly longer. Consensus seemed to be that they were key players who are a cut above the rest of the squad and would be big misses if and when they move on. Did think Gomes would probably be recalled on loan but didn’t put 2+2 together on Kawabe. Makes sense for the Wolves coaching team to look at them both and see if they have potential for the future. The gap between the Swiss Super League and Premier League is obviously massive so they may or may not be able to make the step up at some stage but good Wolves are taking a look and working these channels. No doubt they might do something similar with Bolla in the summer too.
We already own Bolla

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe Grasshopper would only sell now on condition that he finished the season for them.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Right, but Wolves aren't going to cut off their noses to spite their faces, and we've actually got a really good club in Grasshopper.
Fair enough, just as a football fan i think it stinks and should be prohibited. Be that Man city, Wolves or whoever. Say we end up playing them in the europa league when they are essentially our feeder club.
Just frustrating that football all about branding and money. If liverpool and manchester united played in Switzerland then we would be the nothing feeder club. cant imagine that would be much fun and people onboard then

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus wept have you made yourself a tin foil hat? Keep away from the 5G masts
Surprised at your surprise. I think the scenario described is all too plausible. The world out there is full of dodgy dealers, and deals like this look, at the very least, suspicious.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
He isn't a kid. But he also doesn't come without any pedigree or previous success - he's in his national team for a start.

To me, without having seen anything of him in action, he sounds like the kind of player that might do well if given a chance in a higher level of football. He wouldn't need to have much success for us to either get a useful squad player, or make a profit from his sale.
I wish him every success because it is a position where we are woefully short .I just wish he could remain here but if we recruit a midfield player so be it .
I just don’t want him to disappear into the ether .

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet grasshopper fans are pleased their club is essentially being used as a shop window and development academy where players will be there for a season max.
Nah, Bonatini's laid roots there. He's a grasshopper for life.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Re the last paragraph all are young kids so it’s a bit harsh to say they’ve disappeared into the ether especially in the case of Bolla and Gomes who have been getting rave reviews on loan, if anything I’d say they are a success right now.
Which isn’t a problem.I just want to see them and others like them break through here

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Open your eyes. I was being extreme to say she was made up but trying to highlight that it’s not an arms length transaction.

If you think it is. Good for you. I wonder how she got all her money. I wonder why she decided Swiss football was a great investment. I wonder how she paid for the club.
She inherited the money after her grandaddy sold a couple of rice paddies.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough, just as a football fan i think it stinks and should be prohibited. Be that Man city, Wolves or whoever. Say we end up playing them in the europa league when they are essentially our feeder club.
Just frustrating that football all about branding and money. If liverpool and manchester united played in Switzerland then we would be the nothing feeder club. cant imagine that would be much fun and people onboard then
Feeder clubs have been a thing in football for nearly a century. Arsenal had Leyton Orient in the 50’s, Liverpool and Crewe, United and Preston.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised at your surprise. I think the scenario described is all too plausible. The world out there is full of dodgy dealers, and deals like this look, at the very least, suspicious.
Signing a player and sending him back to his original club on loan has been a thing for years, why is it suspicious?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feeder clubs have been a thing in football for nearly a century. Arsenal had Leyton Orient in the 50’s, Liverpool and Crewe, United and Preston.
Interesting observation. Can you back it up? Name 5 players each from Orient, Crewe and Preston who were 'fed' to those bigger teams.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing a player and sending him back to his original club on loan has been a thing for years, why is it suspicious?
What Mighty Thor is getting at is that potentially these type of relationships facilitate money laundering.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting observation. Can you back it up? Name 5 players each from Orient, Crewe and Preston who were 'fed' to those bigger teams.
It wasn’t one directional. Young players were sent to these clubs on loan to gain experience. There has always been unofficial link ups with clubs. You’re trying to create a drama that isn’t there. No one has investigated City have they? They’ve got about 5 clubs they do it with

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What Mighty Thor is getting at is that potentially these type of relationships facilitate money laundering.
There are simpler ways to launder dirty money than in football where everything has to be signed off by different associations.

Grasshoppers supposedly paid £500k for him and we’ve paid the same. The money would have come via a bank account and ratified by both the Swiss FA and the English FA like all transfers. I doubt someone has driven from Compton in a Ford Sierra with a boot full of used £20 notes

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
But at 20-22 years of age they are mostly likely not ready, so playing proper mens competitive football is surely better than playing in the under 23s??
It is but over recent years we have had so many who have arrived but just haven’t pushed on .I realise they don’t all make it but it would be nice to see some in the first team here eventually
We have spread our net wider than just local or Irish lads so let’s hope that eventually some do push on

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do I understand this correctly?

We have a swiss feeder club, but the rules mean that after this January, we cant sign anyone from them?
Apparently the GBE rules are changing so it will be more complicated to sign players. I am not an expert though Lykos, just saw it mentioned earlier.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand the point of the concerns in theory, but I think £500,000 shows this isn't one of those deals. If he was sold for a hugely inflated fee, it would back that idea up but he hasn't.

With the player, saw a Japanese/English reporter say the lad was far too good in Japan and could potentially play in the Premier League but physicality would be a problem.

To get a Japanese international for £500k would suggest to me that we've got the better end of this deal, even if I do still doubt he will ever play for us.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we’ve paid half the price they bought him for only 6 months previously when he is supposedly their stand out player.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has there been any other interest in signing him from other prem teams? Feels an odd signing to me.

Was listening to a podcast the other day where they were explaining how multiple PL clubs turned Tomiyasu down last summer, before Arsenal took a 'punt'. Nobody fancied him.

For me, based on performances he's in the top five full backs in the league, if not better. And he's only as low as that because Trent, James and Cancelo have been outrageous.

Wouldn't use other teams' interest to gauge signings. Nobody else wanted Jimenez, Moutinho or Jonny either.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is but over recent years we have had so many who have arrived but just haven’t pushed on .I realise they don’t all make it but it would be nice to see some in the first team here eventually
We have spread our net wider than just local or Irish lads so let’s hope that eventually some do push on
There’s reasons behind it I’m sure. Firstly it’s obviously harder to break into the first team in the premier league and secondly I think we’re looking at much younger boys now from abroad so it takes a few years to come to fruition. Lonwijk I’m convinced will make the level and barring the misfortune of the kid simply not settling Goncalves would have been fantastic.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 25914View attachment 25915

Fans dont like it when their club loses its meaning, as is the way with modern football

And thats a fair point. But it has to be kept in mind, that the degeneration they talk about had long set in before Wolves arrived. Yes, they have a massive history, but they havent won the leagues for years, and recent years were extremely messy, with huge debt, financial problems, and a relegation for the first time in 70 years...and most likely had the "rich chinese" not come along, would've gone even further down the pyramid.
The ownership now, actually gives them a fair chance of rising up again, rather than going into oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom