Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have Villa Owners more Ambition than The Wolves Owners ?

Have Villa Owners more ambition than Wolves (Fosun)?

• Total voters

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa talk about how much they'll spend in the next window

We talk about what kind of players we want
While they have mings playing & mcallister coaching them, they won’t progress. The jeering and booing really got to mings. Other clubs will soon join in!! Worked against foster too. Maybe we should try it more

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While they have mings playing & mcallister coaching them, they won’t progress. The jeering and booing really got to mings. Other clubs will soon join in!! Worked against foster too. Maybe we should try it more

I think they call that "being the 12th man"

Galatasaray's ground says "Welcome to hell" on it , Molinuex should say "shhhhhhh don't wake the babby up"

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From the evidence of the last game between the two sides, the question is not do Villa Owners have more ambition, but just how far behind are they?
If cash spent was the yardstick of ambition there are a few teams who should be fighting for places in European competitions yet are far from from doing so, and, for instance, many Everton supporters would agree. On that score, it will be interesting to see how Newcastle get on in the next few years. The leagues are splattered with clubs having had misdirected 'ambition'.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has the OP been seen on this thread lately? Or indeed out in public at all? Or is he poring over Barcelona's teamsheet looking for Traore?

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The different investing strategy between us and Villa summed up nicely in this heading in The Athletic.
For all the criticism the club gets from some quarters the recruitment under Fosun is beyond reproach

The hit to failure ratio is quite frankly astonishing compared to other clubs, with Villa being one of the very worst

Yet Villa fans continue to believe their players are as good as ours. Deluded ain't the word.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet we know what will happen come the summer, when teams spend more than us.
Oh indeed.

Fulham, Everton, Villa all doing bits.

Shows while spending money is needed sometimes, wholesale changes don’t.

It’s why when I see the let’s sell Coady etc and bring in six new players from the same people year on year….

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Gonna me mad in the summer when Villa and Newcastle start splurging on the likes of the next Marvelous, Wesley, Barkley, Joelinton, Almiron etc.

All clubs make transfer errors but these two have a great track record of thinking it's all about the ticket price and not the quality.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gonna me mad in the summer when Villa and Newcastle start splurging on the likes of the next Marvelous, Wesley, Barkley, Joelinton, Almiron etc.

All clubs make transfer errors but these two have a great track record of thinking it's all about the ticket price and not the quality.
Everton will be equally amusing, whichever division they end up in.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh indeed.

Fulham, Everton, Villa all doing bits.

Shows while spending money is needed sometimes, wholesale changes don’t.

It’s why when I see the let’s sell Coady etc and bring in six new players from the same people year on year….

Really don't think people understand the value Coady has behind the scenes. Christ it's a guy with 9 England caps and he's already part of their leadership group. It's not easily replaceable.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really don't think people understand the value Coady has behind the scenes. Christ it's a guy with 9 England caps and he's already part of their leadership group. It's not easily replaceable.
Didn't Steve Holland say he was his player of the tournament despite getting 0 minutes?

What a bloke!

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people equate spending money with spending it badly? Man City have spent a fortune but not many of their signings have been duds, same with Liverpool, if we spent a ton of cash this summer (which we won't) it doesn't mean we would spend it as badly as Everton or Villa have, on the flip side if we spend very little it could very easily backfire, it's about getting the balance right for a club our size

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why do people equate spending money with spending it badly? Man City have spent a fortune but not many of their signings have been duds, same with Liverpool, if we spent a ton of cash this summer (which we won't) it doesn't mean we would spend it as badly as Everton or Villa have, on the flip side if we spend very little it could very easily backfire, it's about getting the balance right for a club our size
I think the point is recouping a big fee on Neves could easily be a backwards step.

We could do a Villa (grealish) or previously spurs (bale)

But you're right we could do a Liverpool (coutinho)

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never get the sell Coady thing, ever. He’s shown himself to be so adaptable, ultimate team man loved by all. And we want to lose this?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If results go against us this weekend, Leicester will beat Villa and Burnley will beat us.

If that happens Burnley will be 5 points behind Villa and those two teams still have to play each other twice!

Is it only me that thinks Villa, despite their millions spent, ambitious owners and "elite level" manager, are in a relegation scrap?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If results go against us this weekend, Leicester will beat Villa and Burnley will beat us.

If that happens Burnley will be 5 points behind Villa and those two teams still have to play each other twice!

Is it only me that thinks Villa, despite their millions spent, ambitious owners and "elite level" manager, are in a relegation scrap?
I think they’re just about far enough ahead that even one win will probably see them over the line.

Even if Burnley leapfrog them, Everton don’t look like doing so at the moment.

Saying that though, a shootout between Frank Lampard’s Everton and Steven Gerrard’s Villa for the final relegation place on the final day would be entertaining. Especially given Villa are away at Man City and Everton away at Arsenal.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think they’re just about far enough ahead that even one win will probably see them over the line.

Saying that though, a shootout between Frank Lampard’s Everton and Steven Gerrard’s Villa for the final relegation place on the final day would be entertaining. Especially given Villa are away at Man City and Everton away at Arsenal.
Yes, that would be a great scenario- the two ludicrously high spending clubs fighting it out to just stay alive on the final day. Administration looms!

Villa fans were all saying anyone going to Newcastle in January is just a mercenary looking for money. Well, if they end up 16th or 17th this year, that same label should be given to anyone joining them in Summer.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think Villa will accumulate more than enough points to be safe. Burnley probably won't beat them twice either.

Everton still the ones most likely to drop for me, given their run-in!

Villa are away to City last game. My Liverpool supporting friend is convinced Gerrard and Coutinho will have a say in the title heading to Anfield!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I
I think Villa will accumulate more than enough points to be safe. Burnley probably won't beat them twice either.

Everton still the ones most likely to drop for me, given their run-in!

Villa are away to City last game. My Liverpool supporting friend is convinced Gerrard and Coutinho will have a say in the title heading to Anfield!
It depends which Villa turn up the next few weeks.

Their last 9 results are LLWWWLLLL. They’re incredibly streaky so could pull well clear of the drop or fall right in to it, either is plausible right now.

They’ll probably beat Norwich and, as you say, probably won’t lose to Burnley twice so that should be enough for them to survive even without results in their other games.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I

It depends which Villa turn up the next few weeks.

Their last 9 results are LLWWWLLLL. They’re incredibly streaky so could pull well clear of the drop or fall right in to it, either is plausible right now.

They’ll probably beat Norwich and, as you say, probably won’t lose to Burnley twice so that should be enough for them to survive even without results in their other games.

And then they will be well set for their annual £200m rebuild. Soon followed by media hype, and then some "disappointing" results and another season of, at best, mediocrity. :)

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And then they will be well set for their annual £200m rebuild. Soon followed by media hype, and then some "disappointing" results and another season of, at best, mediocrity. :)
You forgot the bit where his media mates will divert any blame away from Gerrard by saying he needs to be given more time and money to get them going in the right direction.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know certain posters will accuse me of jealousy but I’d be devastated if we were trying to progress the way Villa are. Rightly or Wrongly Fosun have a well thought out plan as to how we go forward and it’s being implemented. The whole show at villa is about “names” and profile, be it the manager or players. Was Gerrard the best value for money? Absolutely not. Are the players? Absolutely not. It’s a real kid match with no strategic plan. They’ve chucked huge amounts of money on players who have barely improved them and they’ll do it again in the summer. It’s basically a premier league version of wolves in the 90s and look how that worked out

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You forgot the bit where his media mates will divert any blame away from Gerrard by saying he needs to be given more time and money to get them going in the right direction.

Hopefully this means they'll keep him long after it becomes (even more) obvious that he's not up to the job.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully this means they'll keep him long after it becomes (even more) obvious that he's not up to the job.
I think it is pretty obvious now after 4 losses in a row and 6 losses in the last 9.

I genuinely hope they let him blow £150m on Coutinho, ASM and Bissouma plus ludicrous wages. No matter how much their fans big them up, that bunch isn't driving them to Europe!

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Little Aston have signed or are signing already 2 players we were supposedly interested in Kamara & Bassey

Jeff Shi and Scott Sellars are probably on their holidays now and will leave it until July / August before they do any business

Back
Top Bottom