Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have Villa Owners more Ambition than The Wolves Owners ?

Have Villa Owners more ambition than Wolves (Fosun)?

• Total voters

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fosun clearly lost the vision when nuno left
I don’t think that’s quite true tbh. Fosun have spent a fortune since Nuno left and hired a supposedly, top manager.

Things don’t always go to plan and the board have obviously decided that throwing money at “the project” isn’t the answer or feasible.

Who knows what really goes on behind the scenes? They may have come up with a plan to clear the decks, consolidate and start again when we are in a better situation.

I will admit though, the thing against that plan, is JL’s recent antics. Perhaps this is a change of plan to the original one he was sold and he doesn’t like it. That would be my guess.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s quite true tbh. Fosun have spent a fortune since Nuno left and hired a supposedly, top manager.

Things don’t always go to plan and the board have obviously decided that throwing money at “the project” isn’t the answer or feasible.

Who knows what really goes on behind the scenes? They may have come up with a plan to clear the decks, consolidate and start again when we are in a better situation.

I will admit though, the thing against that plan, is JL’s recent antics. Perhaps this is a change of plan to the original one he was sold and he doesn’t like it. That would be my guess.
I agree. In the circumstances the plan makes sense and I'm not sure that any new owners would be able to do much differently. We are paying the price for the start of last season and the defered cost of survival in the Premier. Unfortunately we don't appear to have a manager who is on board with that plan, for whatever reason. I hope that he is just hedging his bets, keeping options open and avoiding personal responsibility. If he put his weight behind Plan C, or whatever it now is, we could come out of this stronger and his reputation might even be enhanced. If he cuts and runs everyone will suffer.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been watching SSN much of the day except for now switching TV off as they're saying before the break..

" Next we going to turn to Aston Villa as they are showing off their 3 THREE NEW SIGNINGS "

Rubbing salt in the recent new wounds that Jeff gave us says we can't buy anyone this window?

Earlier SSN Announced Bournemoiuth are buying Alex Scott for £20 million ?

I'm going down the pub!!

Last edited:

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The cyclical nature of football. Our turn will come again, one day.
Yes but it won't as long as Jeff Shi is our chairman all the other clubs it appears for example Villa, Everton, Chelsea, Man City etc etc..

Those clubs just go ahead and spend as much as they like and don't give a **** about FFP !

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but it won't as long as Jeff Shi is our chairman all the other clubs it appears for example Villa, Everton, Chelsea, Man City etc etc..

Those clubs just go ahead and spend as much as they like and don't give a **** about FFP !
Those clubs don’t make the ludicrous decisions jeff does though

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Which may be fine for now but is a very dangerous game

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If FFP is enforced and punished severely.

What do you think will happen to those clubs you’ve reeled off?

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If FFP is enforced and punished severely.

What do you think will happen to those clubs you’ve reeled off?

IF is the appropriate word, nothing tells me that anything other than a slap on the wrists will happen.
Exactly @Wednesbury Wolf for the top clubs like Man City (100 to 200 Financial Irregularities start of last season) & Chelsea they'll get maybe a £10 million pound fine which is peanuts to them and if you're the likes of Derby County you get a 21 points deduction??
They hit the smaller clubs harder so where is the ******* Fair Play in that FFS

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never mind the gap with the Vile they are a gulf apart from us now on and off the pitch sadly :(

Wolves 1 Brighton 4..
As Villa 6 Brighton 1

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never mind the gap with the Vile they are a gulf apart from us now on and off the pitch sadly :(

Wolves 1 Brighton 4..
As Villa 6 Brighton 1
Top 8 team and we are a bottom 5/6 team .

That's what planning and a strategy gets you .

Mind you the villa owners are developing the stadium and surroundings . Our owners are ****ing useless

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolves 1 Brighton 4..
As Villa 6 Brighton 1
Brighton are liable to take the odd beating in a season but overall they move prove to be better than Villa. But Villa are indeed going in the better direction than us. As you say, mind the gap!

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you retain and back a top manager rather than allow one to walk out the door this is what happens.

We reap what we sow. Only Wolves.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolves 1 Brighton 4..
As Villa 6 Brighton 1
True …. Remember seeing them saying after we beat them a few seasons ago on Villa Talk that we were light years ahead of them …. The turnaround is incredible , but you reap what you sew , plus IMO ****ing Covid had a big part to play in our change in fortunes

Back
Top Bottom