Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Guedioura to stay

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still a believer in the Davis - Henry partnership that seems to be developing nicely. However in the Championship I think he will be a good impact sub. He is very over hyped however and I think people forget how poor he was earlier this season and that's why he was loaned out.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems to me that you have a personal vendetta against Mick, you've even admitted you didn't like him as a person and your rant at the end about him being a fake Irish worst manager bla bla bla only goes to back that fact up, you simply despise him and there's no stats or anything to change your mind. I can't be bothered to argue my point any more because you are obviously so far gone with your hatred towards the bloke that there is no point trying to convince you of some of the good he did. As the old saying goes, "those who are blindest are the ones who refuse to see", or something like that.

You have either not read my post correctly or chose not to. I had no problem with McCarthy originally. I mean, he was a bloody good centre half, which makes it even more the bewildering that he never organised a good back 4 at Wolves, at any point, even when we ran away with the league we were suspect at the back even with the most poorest of sides in the division. But I have been watching for Wolves for over 40 years, and the day he turned to the Wolves fans and told them to F-off - that was it, it was a clear indication of how stubborn, unprofessional, unoriginal and that the man couldn’t handle pressure either. Managers week in, week out have abused hurled at them, they get on with their job because it is a matter of principle and they know the fans have a right to express an opinion, McCarthy went so down in my book after that and I will never ever, ever forgive the bloke for it and should he one day come back to Wolves I will boo the $$$$ out of him, I don’t care what he achieved pre-that, it was a disgrace, I still can’t believe how people can defend him yet give Steve Morgan, Jez Moxey and even Roger Johnson hurls and hurls of abuse, all of those, particular the latter example may have $$$$ed up the past 12 months, but none have personally abused the paying fans of the club and treated them with such little respect.

And as for Fletcher, he was injured a lot and apparently had personal problems when he first came here, he was drinking a lot apparently. He was never 4th $$$$ing choice, what a stupid thing to say.

Yes he was. Kevin Doyle played the lone striker role for months on end and Fletcher was left out, which is fair enough, a tactical decision and in McCarthy’s defence a good one, Doyle gets injured on international duty and it’s a chance for Fletcher to come in and rightly so the following game at Newcastle, who comes in? Ebanks Blake. And in several games before and after that Ebanks Blake and Ward were partnered upfront. That is an example of MM inept decision making at a high level.

Mick is not the greatest manager of all time, but neither is he the anti-Christ you make him out to be. Can't really say any more than that.

And how is it "boring z z z z z z z" to say we beat Man Utd and Chelsea (you forgot to mention Man City, Liverpool and Spurs on top of that).

If you are going to slag him off for things you disagree with, at least give credit where it's due for the good times we had under him. How many managers can say they've beaten Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea all in one season? Not many, I'm sure. But you only like stats that suit your argument don't you, instead of looking at the bigger picture.

You’re contradicting yourself. You’re the one who is not opening your eyes and not looking at the bigger picture. I have gave the man credit where it is due, he lifted us from the $$$$, united the club and put some self respect back to us fans with young and hungry players. Generally, he failed the following season but next time round and to our delight won us the league. But from then, when taking into account the resources at his disposal in comparison to other managers and quality of teams around us, he has failed. And stop getting an erection over those wins. I couldn’t give a monkeys toss if we beat Man Utd 7-0 and Chelsea by 10 with McCarthy himself running on and scoring, ultimately it’s the end of season points tally which counts. Do you really want me to bring up some of the wins absolutely poor sides got down here? I will give him credit for leaving us in a better position than he found us; even now we are in a better position than 2006. But given the backing he received in the premiership and the teams that have been in and around us the last 3 years I fear it was a chance badly wasted to establish ourselves as a good, stable premiership club and the blame for that is Mick McCarthy. The players and the board should shoulder some of the blame, naturally, but it was down to McCarthy’s decision making, wasted money, reliance on batteries and tactical ineptitude that we never remained in the greed league.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still a believer in the Davis - Henry partnership that seems to be developing nicely. However in the Championship I think he will be a good impact sub. He is very over hyped however and I think people forget how poor he was earlier this season and that's why he was loaned out.

Who?

Oh Gued - I'd forgotten what the thread was originally about...

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me this sums up my feelings for guediora perfectly. For us he never honestly did anything apart from a spell of the Bench against everton and scored a screamer against a terrible millwall team. After that millwall game he started the next game and was terrible. I don't get the love in.
Admittedly, since he has been at forest he has been getting good reviews. He will be useful next year but still can't see him doing it in the premier league. Those loving him now will be the ones moaning about how he's not good enough if we ever get to the prem again. Just like stears and Ebanks get now.
Hope he proves me wrong- I like the guy! He's no Henry though.

He's no henry.....Do you mean Karl or Thierry???!!

His defence lets him down, but he, along with Kites is our most exciting player running at the opposition with the ball from deep. With some decent protection in front of the centre backs, he should be given free reign to rampage forward....

R

RichDavi

Adlene GUEDIOURA ‏ @AdleneGUEDIOURA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Hello everybody just to let you know that i'm going to do a little video, to explain my feelings about Nffc. Already big big Thank you.

What's this about :S

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Say thank you to the club and fans probably now his loan is up

D

Deleted member 3751

I think he's miles better at centre half than left back.

He had an absolutely blinder against Man United when the played there last season in infamous our 2-1 home win.

He was playing left back.

Hate to $$$$ on your chips like

D

Deleted member 3751

For me this sums up my feelings for guediora perfectly. For us he never honestly did anything apart from a spell of the Bench against everton and scored a screamer against a terrible millwall team. After that millwall game he started the next game and was terrible. I don't get the love in.
Admittedly, since he has been at forest he has been getting good reviews. He will be useful next year but still can't see him doing it in the premier league. Those loving him now will be the ones moaning about how he's not good enough if we ever get to the prem again. Just like stears and Ebanks get now.
Hope he proves me wrong- I like the guy! He's no Henry though.

PL 09/10, January ish. We sign Gued, bring him into the side, clear MOTM on his debut and plays a good part in keeping us up as well as getting another MOTM in the last game against Sunderland - as well as a goal. He also played a part keeping us up last year after his broken leg, or didn't he score against the Albion.

How $$$$ing short are people's memories when they say that Gued "can't cut it in the Prem"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PL 09/10, January ish. We sign Gued, bring him into the side, clear MOTM on his debut and plays a good part in keeping us up as well as getting another MOTM in the last game against Sunderland - as well as a goal. He also played a part keeping us up last year after his broken leg, or didn't he score against the Albion.

How $$$$ing short are people's memories when they say that Gued "can't cut it in the Prem"?

Seem to remember a number of games where he was absolutely anonymous aswell. Never been convinced when the best game you can remember is their debut, so Milijas fits into this category too.

How deluded are some people when they suddenly believe that a current player is the saviour just because they are standing out in a very average team in a lower tier of football?

D

Deleted member 3751

Seem to remember a number of games where he was absolutely anonymous aswell. Never been convinced when the best game you can remember is their debut, so Milijas fits into this category too.

How deluded are some people when they suddenly believe that a current player is the saviour just because they are standing out in a very average team in a lower tier of football?

Key part of survival first season, missed majority of second season through injury, played in the main, out of position this season until going to Forest where all be it at a lower level, he's been running the show.

Mismanaged, plain and simple. McCarthy should've played him in his strongest position rather than chuck him out to right midfield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Key part of survival first season, missed majority of second season through injury, played in the main, out of position this season until going to Forest where all be it at a lower level, he's been running the show.

Mismanaged, plain and simple.

Key part of survival in first season....really?

Not in my book, Doyle, Jarvis maybe....Guedioura....no way.

D

Deleted member 3751

Key part of survival in first season....really?

Not in my book, Doyle, Jarvis maybe....Guedioura....no way.

You must have missed the Spurs game, because Guedioura's enthusiasm infected the squad. We we're a hopeful team struggling along and all of a sudden an Algerian from a Belgian side injected confidence into the rest of the team and from there we picked up and strolled to safety.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You must have missed the Spurs game, because Guedioura's enthusiasm infected the squad. We we're a hopeful team struggling along and all of a sudden an Algerian from a Belgian side injected confidence into the rest of the team and from there we picked up and strolled to safety.

I believe elokobi had one good game that season too....he must have been equally responsible for our survival. Look some people love him, you obviously being one I don't see him as anything special at all.

Most of our squad will look good in the Championship next year and we will probably convince ourselves again that they will all be capable of playing prem football - which won't be the case.

D

Deleted member 3751

I believe elokobi had one good game that season too....he must have been equally responsible for our survival. Look some people love him, you obviously being one I don't see him as anything special at all.

Most of our squad will look good in the Championship next year and we will probably convince ourselves again that they will all be capable of playing prem football - which won't be the case.

Don't be $$$$ing patronising - Guedioura had a big impact, if you missed it it's your fault for being blind. And his impact played a big part in us stopping up, as well as his contributions in games.In fact his impact and influence was probably better than O'Hara's a year ago. He's been managed terribly by Wolves this year, not saying he'd have been the difference between survival and relegation but when you never play him in his best position do you expect to see what he's capable of?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't be $$$$ing patronising - Guedioura had a big impact, if you missed it it's your fault for being blind. And his impact played a big part in us stopping up, as well as his contributions in games.In fact his impact and influence was probably better than O'Hara's a year ago. He's been managed terribly by Wolves this year, not saying he'd have been the difference between survival and relegation but when you never play him in his best position do you expect to see what he's capable of?

No he didn't have a big impact. He was very much a bit part player, you are having a love in with a player everyone thought was the real deal, based on his debut, who turned out to be average at best. Ok, so he was played out of position....so we're loads of players under McCarthy. A fit OHara is a much better player in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 3751

No he didn't have a big impact. He was very much a bit part player, you are having a love in with a player everyone thought was the real deal, based on his debut, who turned out to be average at best. Ok, so he was played out of position....so we're loads of players under McCarthy. A fit OHara is a much better player in my opinion.

His influence on his debut can't be underestimated, we had a squad of scared players until Gued showed up. His match winning contribution at Burnley also shouldn't go un-noticed in what was a genuine six pointer and his MOTM against Sunderland was the icing on the cake. Skip on two years though and you can't deny the management of him has been awful, who from our midfield options could run game after game at championship level other than the one we sent out?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His influence on his debut can't be underestimated, we had a squad of scared players until Gued showed up. His match winning contribution at Burnley also shouldn't go un-noticed in what was a genuine six pointer and his MOTM against Sunderland was the icing on the cake. Skip on two years though and you can't deny the management of him has been awful, who from our midfield options could run game after game at championship level other than the one we sent out?

When has he ever run a game? Scored the odd goal yes, sometimes shown glimpses of being a good player but also shown some really poor passing. Yes he has been mismanaged, played out of position.....do I think he is the man to drive us to promotion? No.

D

Deleted member 3751

When has he ever run a game? Scored the odd goal yes, sometimes shown glimpses of being a good player but also shown some really poor passing. Yes he has been mismanaged, played out of position.....do I think he is the man to drive us to promotion? No.

Bring you back to this next May!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very cryptic indeed. The man just wants to be loved!

I think we'd be stupid to let him go after how good he's been for Forest but I have a nagging suspicion that we will do just that...

A

andyc225

So far his talents have been wasted by the upper echelons of our club. Whoever comes in should be looking to remedy that.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We dont play skilfull footballers only workhorses so he will be gone.

F

FLEET WOLF

We dont play skilfull footballers only workhorses so he will be gone.

It depends on who comes in and how they want to play it. Think some workhorses may also be needed in the Championship quite honestly.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gued must stay.He will be quality next season. This is why we must get the right manager in.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can get an idea of what a fine, all-rounded player he is by following this clip:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUweikpyHy8&feature=related"]ADLENE GUEDIOURA VS MANCITY CARLINGCUP 20 - YouTube[/nomedia]

It follows his whole performance against Man city in the cup, (probably made by his agent I should imagine). There is a lot on display there, and precious few mistakes against good opposition.

One of the reasons why we are so well shot of the idiot McCarthy.

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're playing 442 next season he'd get in the side before Henry for me

W

wolvo_boi

Proper box to box player. First instinct is to go forward and quickly, just what we miss, everyone of our central midfielders do it so slowly.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That vid shows how he makes us tick. The players looked for him to pass to and it brought out their passing game too. He imposed HIS style on us. HE has improved since his first season and is now more than ready to be 1st choice. Must play v Everton!

S

sylar

Its a little bit like when your girfriend dumps you for not being good enough and 3 months later sees you through the window of a posh restaurant treating a fit blonde bird to a romantic slap up and decides she wants you back. What would you do? :confused:

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a little bit like when your girfriend dumps you for not being good enough and 3 months later sees you through the window of a posh restaurant treating a fit blonde bird to a romantic slap up and decides she wants you back. What would you do? :confused:

A threesome

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always felt he was quality. Though he seemed to have a poor run of form earlier this season, I put this down to him playing out of position. He certainly appears to have done very well at Forest. His future with the club will be determined by the new manager. My interpretation of TC's comments last week were that he would like him to remain with us. As for a different appointee, there are any number of reasons he may decide for or against keeping Gued. Incidentally I should add that if a) he stays and b) we get back to the Premiership after one season he will be a massive asset to have at that level if he maintains his current form.

M

morosewolf

That vid shows how he makes us tick. The players looked for him to pass to and it brought out their passing game too. He imposed HIS style on us. HE has improved since his first season and is now more than ready to be 1st choice. Must play v Everton!

For Chrits's sake...... He CAN'T!!!!!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's done well for a mediocre team in the championship.

He had 3 good games in the Prem for us. He'll be useful next season but some of the stuff on this thread is ott

Or are you Adlene in disguise!

W

wolvo_boi

He's done well for a mediocre team in the championship.

He had 3 good games in the Prem for us. He'll be useful next season but some of the stuff on this thread is ott

Or are you Adlene in disguise!

3 years on and we still have David Edwards as a key part of our midfield. Where is the progression???

Adlene's ability and potential far outweigh any other central midfielder we have in his all round game.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 years on and we still have David Edwards as a key part of our midfield. Where is the progression???

Adlene's ability and potential far outweigh any other central midfielder we have in his all round game.

Edwards has been more effective in the Premier League hence has started more. Adlene has done nothing to suggest he can cut it or be disciplined in the Prem. Not doubting his ability.

And why bring Edwards into it

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No he's not though! He's only playing due to injurys! Christ if Ohara was fit and frimpong hadn't crocked himself then Edwards would be on the bench at best!

Back
Top Bottom