Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Guedioura to stay

T

Toupee4Rae

What worries me is TC talking about pre-season preparations as if he will still be in charge!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Excellent news. Free the Algerian One!

S

Skonsengwolf

Just strengthens my belief that TC will be in charge next season...

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything seems to be gearing up towards Connor having a big part in next season, be it as manager or a part of the management staff.

Epic fail if true.

S

SaleWolf

Can someone please explain to me why Guediora has suddenly become Xabi Alonso since his move to Forest?

He reminded me quite a lot of Joey Gudjonsson when he played for us. A decent shot on him but not much else.

Decent in the Championship i suppose yes but please lets not get too excited, he really isn't that good imo.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news for Guedioura to say. A bit worried that Connor seem to be speaking like he will be manager in the summer!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me why Guediora has suddenly become Xabi Alonso since his move to Forest?

He reminded me quite a lot of Joey Gudjonsson when he played for us. A decent shot on him but not much else.

Decent in the Championship i suppose yes but please lets not get too excited, he really isn't that good imo.

Tell that to the Forest fans!
He has been given a run of games at Forest in his best position and has been outstanding for them. He will have a big part to play for us next season unless we appoint a dope as manager who sells him!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nobody is saying he is but in comparison to David Edwards, David Davis, Karl Henry - even Jamie O'Hara based on this season he was a better option.

Add this to the fact he was let go to free up a space for Eggert Jonsson just goes to show what an idiot Mick McCarthy is.

S

SaleWolf

Nobody is saying he is but in comparison to David Edwards, David Davis, Karl Henry - even Jamie O'Hara based on this season he was a better option.

Add this to the fact he was let go to free up a space for Eggert Jonsson just goes to show what an idiot Mick McCarthy is.

He has not shown me that he is more effective than Davis or Henry. Edwards yes, i agree but i've never rated Edwards as anything more than a lucozade bottle with legs anyway.

Guediora may be decent in the Championship but at no time, has he ever proven he is anywhere near Prem level. I'm not saying that the other midfielders at the club have either but i think some of you are being a little OTT with your enthusiasm for his return.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has not shown me that he is more effective than Davis or Henry. Edwards yes, i agree but i've never rated Edwards as anything more than a lucozade bottle with legs anyway.

Guediora may be decent in the Championship but at no time, has he ever proven he is anywhere near Prem level. I'm not saying that the other midfielders at the club have either but i think some of you are being a little OTT with your enthusiasm for his return.

You may be right. We will see next season.

W

WasStefan

How people have managed to turn this good news into a stick to beat the club with amazes me.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How people have managed to turn this good news into a stick to beat the club with amazes me.

It's a skill that takes just weeks to acquire. Stick with it and soon you'll be able to do it as well.

:D:D

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Mick McCarthy gave him his only real run in the side during the latter part of the 09/10 season during his loan spell, he looked quality and we was all overjoyed at his signing. Since than (like many others) McCarthy limited his playing time at the expense of very inferior players and his form/fitness has suffered.

He has now shown his true quality with a run in the side at Forest.

All this just goes to show another reason why we are well shot of MM.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Mick McCarthy gave him his only real run in the side during the latter part of the 09/10 season during his loan spell, he looked quality and we was all overjoyed at his signing. Since than (like many others) McCarthy limited his playing time at the expense of very inferior players and his form/fitness has suffered.

He has now shown his true quality with a run in the side at Forest.

All this just goes to show another reason why we are well shot of MM.

I think you might be overlooking the small factor of his broken leg, something you omit to mention.

He is, in my mind, both our best and our worst player. It's difficult to fit someone like him in a struggling championship team but he should flourish in a strong Championship team.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FLEET WOLF

I'd certainly have him, in the Chump, ahead of Davis, Edwards and the Egg, based on what I have seen and from what we are hearing from Forest fans. He might be on a par with O'Hara, that remains to be seen. He is a different player from Henry-Gued couldn't really play Henry's role and vice versa.

S

Sandwell Wolf

Hear, hear.

D

dazmanwolf

If you read between the lines you can see that Guedioura was given a long loan deal so he got regular football which in turn allows him to play for his country in the African Cup of Nations.

He wasn't going to get regular football here. He needed to play lots of games to be considered for the Algerian squad. He has been playing very well at Forest and now he is in the Algerian team.

All the conspiracy theories on here are just that.

He will be good enough for us in the Championship, but again it all depends on whether we retain our first team squad.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hooray finally

S

Sandwell Wolf

What I love about this forum is that it's fine to create a thread bashing McCarthy, but you start a thread and put in a bit of praise for our best manager in nearly 40 years and "Mick's your boyfriend" or you're "gay for Mick" or "Mick's son" and you're told to "get over him" when infact the ones who need to get over Mick are the ones who insist on creating a new thread every day somehow directed at McCarthy and how glad they are that he's gone.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I love about this forum is that it's fine to create a thread bashing McCarthy, but you start a thread and put in a bit of praise for our best manager in nearly 40 years and "Mick's your boyfriend" or you're "gay for Mick" or "Mick's son" and you're told to 'get over him'.

I don't see a post of yours that doesn't involve you stating that Morgan/Moxey are some kind of disease and that they are taking the $$$$ out of the club etc etc zzz. These are the same people who gave your man the kind of funds that most clubs with our stature who have obtained mid table safety with a fraction of the money Mick wasted. The board gave Mick the money the likes of Brendan Rogers, Paul Lambett, Roy Hodgson and probably even David Moyes Ffs could only dream of. If your claiming McCarthy is our best manager in 40 years then your clearly too young. Best manager in 20 years, that I will grant him, but he should have been shown the door the day we got promoted because he is totally and utterly out of his depth as a PL manager. A good PL manager (not even an outstanding kind) would have us in a comfortable, sensible position right now given the funds what was spent but because of MM we are back to square one, so all that "best manager in 20 years" dross is somewhat irrelevant. End of story.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedioura needs to be given a run in the first team then we'll know. Shame it wasn't in the Prem!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under a decent manager and coaches Guedioura can thrive for us, particularly in the Championship. But if the likes of Edwards keep getting picked we will be back to square one and he will leave. I have not the slightest doubt the club will hold on to Connor unless a new manager (wisely) insists on a clean sweep of the coaching staff.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think probably Connor is trying to talk the talk, he is hardly likely to say, with regard to next season.
"$$$$ed if I know, I'm getting the push, ask somebody else"

He probably wants the job, and his psychology may be aimed at MM's to make them believe they have already given him the job!!!!!!
I think thats the only way he would get it, (I hope)

B

Bostin

Under a decent manager and coaches Guedioura can thrive for us, particularly in the Championship. But if the likes of Edwards keep getting picked we will be back to square one and he will leave. I have not the slightest doubt the club will hold on to Connor unless a new manager (wisely) insists on a clean sweep of the coaching staff.

If an incoming manager wanted to bring in his own backroom team and get rid of TC, I'm not sure M&M would agree. Could be one of the reasons Curbishley and M&M didn't share the same view for the club?

H

haden-wolf

Thank the lord for that

Adi does seem to divide opinion - but I'm firmly in the pro camp, yes he can look a bit raw but for me is the most Dynamic CM we have, hope him and Davis get a decent run together

G

grumpee

Saw a couple of my Forest mates last weekend, both of whom are season ticket holders, so I naturally asked them what they thought of Big George and Guedioura. They said George had been steady, some positional problems and lack of pace - nothing we didn't know - but they positively raved about Gueds. Said they'd put him in the top 5 players in the Championship and the impetus his introduction gave to the team turned their season around from relegation to safety. If that's all true he's got to be an asset to us next year.

S

Sandwell Wolf

I don't see a post of yours that doesn't involve you stating that Morgan/Moxey are some kind of disease and that they are taking the $$$$ out of the club etc etc zzz. These are the same people who gave your man the kind of funds that most clubs with our stature who have obtained mid table safety with a fraction of the money Mick wasted. The board gave Mick the money the likes of Brendan Rogers, Paul Lambett, Roy Hodgson and probably even David Moyes Ffs could only dream of. If your claiming McCarthy is our best manager in 40 years then your clearly too young. Best manager in 20 years, that I will grant him, but he should have been shown the door the day we got promoted because he is totally and utterly out of his depth as a PL manager. A good PL manager (not even an outstanding kind) would have us in a comfortable, sensible position right now given the funds what was spent but because of MM we are back to square one, so all that "best manager in 20 years" dross is somewhat irrelevant. End of story.

David Moyes? Everton's squad.

£15,000,000 on Marouane Fellaini.
£6,000,000 on Leighton Baines.
£5,000,000 on Phil Jagielka.
£8,000,000 on Nikica Jelavic.
£7,000,000 on John Heitinga.
£5,000,000 on Sylvain Distin.
£4,000,000 on Phil Neville.
£4,000,000 on Tim Howard.
£4,000,000 on Joseph Yobo.
£2,500,000 for Steven Pienaar.
£2,000,000 on Tim Cahill.

How much do you think those players earn as well? Much more than we pay players I can assure you.

Sick of this myth that David Moyes has no money to spend, when he quite evidently does.

As for Roy Hodgson's WBA squad.

Shane Long £6,500,000
Ben Foster cost Blues £6,000,000 although I know he's on loan.
Chris Brunt £3,500,000
James Morrisson £2,500,000
Somen Tchoyi £2,500,000
Nicky Shorey £2,000,000
Simon Cox £2,000,000

You then have the likes of Peter Odemwyngie, Paul Scharner, Keith Andrews, Zoltan Gera, Steven Reid and so on who are all on good money, as much as and in some cases more than our team (like the rest of the squad) so don't tell me Hodgson would "dream" of the money McCarthy had.

As for Norwich.

Ryan Bennett £3,200,000
Anthony Pilkington £3,000,000
Johnny Howson £2,000,000
Steve Morisson £2,500,000
James Vaughan £2,000,000
Andrew Surman £1,500,000
Zak Whitbread £1,500,000
Leon Barnett £1,500,000
Elliot Bennett £1,500,000

Nearly £20,000,000 there, which after you look at what we've sold over the last few years is not far off how much we've spent is it? So not 'peanuts' that many would suggest.

Swansea City

Danny Graham £3,500,000
Wayne Routledge £2,500,000
Leroy Lita £2,000,000
Luke Moore £1,500,000
Micahel Vorm £1,500,000 plus add ons
Scott Sinclair £1,500,000

They also have a few others who they paid around £1,000,000 for, so although they aren't ludicrous sums of money, they have spent more than peanuts and lets not forget they have Glyfi Sigurdsson who has scored something like 8 in 14 games for them and been vital to their success this season. Reading sold him for about £8,000,000 I believe and his current club Hoffenheim have said if anyone wants to buy him they need to cough up £12,000,000 I believe.

The above managers are all good managers, I don't doubt it. But let's see where they are after 3 years at their respective clubs and let's see how much money they waste on transfers too, as every manager is prone to a couple of poor buys, it's just football. Sometimes a transfer just doesn't work out.

Would Mick have kept us up, who knows, but he'd have done a damn site better than Terry Connor has done all season. All I will say is he kept us up for 2 seasons previously, when we were in worse positions than we were when he left, so why couldn't he have done it again?

E

Englishwolfinwales

David Moyes? Everton's squad.

£15,000,000 on Marouane Fellaini.
£6,000,000 on Leighton Baines.
£5,000,000 on Phil Jagielka.
£8,000,000 on Nikica Jelavic.
£7,000,000 on John Heitinga.
£5,000,000 on Sylvain Distin.
£4,000,000 on Phil Neville.
£4,000,000 on Tim Howard.
£4,000,000 on Joseph Yobo.
£2,500,000 for Steven Pienaar.
£2,000,000 on Tim Cahill.

How much do you think those players earn as well? Much more than we pay players I can assure you.

Sick of this myth that David Moyes has no money to spend, when he quite evidently does.

As for Roy Hodgson's WBA squad.

Shane Long £6,500,000
Ben Foster cost Blues £6,000,000 although I know he's on loan.
Chris Brunt £3,500,000
James Morrisson £2,500,000
Somen Tchoyi £2,500,000
Nicky Shorey £2,000,000
Simon Cox £2,000,000

You then have the likes of Peter Odemwyngie, Paul Scharner, Keith Andrews, Zoltan Gera, Steven Reid and so on who are all on good money, as much as and in some cases more than our team (like the rest of the squad) so don't tell me Hodgson would "dream" of the money McCarthy had.

As for Norwich.

Ryan Bennett £3,200,000
Anthony Pilkington £3,000,000
Johnny Howson £2,000,000
Steve Morisson £2,500,000
James Vaughan £2,000,000
Andrew Surman £1,500,000
Zak Whitbread £1,500,000
Leon Barnett £1,500,000
Elliot Bennett £1,500,000

Nearly £20,000,000 there, which after you look at what we've sold over the last few years is not far off how much we've spent is it? So not 'peanuts' that many would suggest.

Swansea City

Danny Graham £3,500,000
Wayne Routledge £2,500,000
Leroy Lita £2,000,000
Luke Moore £1,500,000
Micahel Vorm £1,500,000 plus add ons
Scott Sinclair £1,500,000

They also have a few others who they paid around £1,000,000 for, so although they aren't ludicrous sums of money, they have spent more than peanuts and lets not forget they have Glyfi Sigurdsson who has scored something like 8 in 14 games for them and been vital to their success this season. Reading sold him for about £8,000,000 I believe and his current club Hoffenheim have said if anyone wants to buy him they need to cough up £12,000,000 I believe.

The above managers are all good managers, I don't doubt it. But let's see where they are after 3 years at their respective clubs and let's see how much money they waste on transfers too, as every manager is prone to a couple of poor buys, it's just football. Sometimes a transfer just doesn't work out.

Would Mick have kept us up, who knows, but he'd have done a damn site better than Terry Connor has done all season. All I will say is he kept us up for 2 seasons previously, when we were in worse positions than we were when he left, so why couldn't he have done it again?

Excellent post

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent post

It's not though. He seems to forget that as well as the roughly £50M we've spent since promotion, Mick spent £20M or so assembling the promotion winning team.

That's £70M on what is in essence a Championship squad because they're certainly not a Premiership one. So yes, apart from Everton on his list we've VASTLY outspent teams outperforming us (and that's even when he cheats by counting loan players)

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not though. He seems to forget that as well as the roughly £50M we've spent since promotion, Mick spent £20M or so assembling the promotion winning team.

That's £70M on what is in essence a Championship squad because they're certainly not a Premiership one. So yes, apart from Everton on his list we've VASTLY outspent teams outperforming us (and that's even when he cheats by counting loan players)

Correct well said.

D

Deleted member 3751

Saw a couple of my Forest mates last weekend, both of whom are season ticket holders, so I naturally asked them what they thought of Big George and Guedioura. They said George had been steady, some positional problems and lack of pace - nothing we didn't know - but they positively raved about Gueds. Said they'd put him in the top 5 players in the Championship and the impetus his introduction gave to the team turned their season around from relegation to safety. If that's all true he's got to be an asset to us next year.

The comment about Guedioura is very reminiscent of what he did for us two years ago.

S

Sandwell Wolf

£20,000,000 on the promotion squad!!?!

£70,000,000 now on a Championship squad!?!?! Hahahahaha.

Kightly £25,000
Henry £100,000
Ward £150,000
Collins £150,000
Foley £400,000
Jarvis £450,000
Elokobi £500,000
Edwards £600,000
Keogh £600,000
Iwelumo £800,000
Stearman £1,000,000
Shackell £1,000,000 (we got the same amount back for him)
SEB £1,500,000

Let's not forget the sales of players such as

Freddie Eastwood for £1,5000,000.
Seyi Olofingana for £3,000,000.
Jay Bothroyd for about £750,000.

Mark Davies, Michael McIndoe, Rob Elliot, Charlie Mulgrew etc etc.

Our Championship squad was worth about £5m-£6m in terms of how much we paid.

Absolute nonsense, £20m on the Championship squad. Made me laugh though.

Back
Top Bottom