Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Ramos

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don’t know why, but I’m feeling quite confident that he will be a Wolves player before the end of the transfer window. Bruno speaking to him must mean negotiations are not that far apart.

Last edited:

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know why, but I’m feeling quite confident that he will be a Wolves player before the end of transfer window. Bruno speaking to him must mean negotiations are not that far apart.
I believe that after Benfica play the second leg of the UCL playoff vs Dynamo Kyiv next Tuesday is when we’ll see this advance, struggle to see Benfica letting him go before then and potentially throwing away qualifying for the group stages.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Feel like I should repeat my offer to eat **** if Ramos signs as it worked so well last time.

However what I really feel is that some time ago Guo told Jeff and Jorge that the show was back on. Jorge has sat in the middle of his web and told Neves not to push to leave as Nunes, Guedes and Ramos were all on their way. Maybe we couldn't sign any of these players one at a time, but if some transfer master tells them all that the rest are on their way too, it all becomes possible.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he is also close to joining, he is a talented player and with Fabio quickly finding his feet for Anderlecht, hopefully we will have two good young strikers in the squad next season.

I could perhaps see Ramos as a MGW or Adama replacement though rather than as the target man Lage wants with Guedes likely to be on the wing so perhaps would be competition for podence in the role behind the striker.

Something like

NEW ST/Raul
Neto/Hwang - Ramos/Podence - Guedes/MGW
Nunes/Moutinho - Neves/Dendoncker

That would be a terrific selection of midfield and attacking players to go into this season with

johnnybetchas

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Ramos signs I’ll get Gonçalo Ramos Wolverhampton Wanderers #9 tattoo’d on my ****. Size 72 font, obviously.
Put a brush on the end and you'll be able to sweep the floor or go to a fancy dress party as an elephant!!!

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score

I don't like these speculative threads...

But in light of recent going ons, does this have legs?
giphy.gif

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could perhaps see Ramos as a MGW or Adama replacement though rather than as the target man Lage wants with Guedes likely to be on the wing so perhaps would be competition for podence in the role behind the striker.

I know nothing about Ramos or his style, but his record for Benfica compared to Darwin Nunez is interesting and pretty much aligns with how you describe him.
Ramos has a 1 in 3 scoring rate, Nunez was better than 1 in 2.

Ramos P36 G12
Nunez P57 G32

Wikis.
Ramos: Following the arrival of Roman Yaremchuk and the return of Darwin Núñez from injury, Ramos found limited first-team minutes, leading him to pursue a move out of the club in the winter transfer window. With the arrival of interim manager Nélson Veríssimo in January 2022, who had previously coached him at the B team, Ramos began playing more regularly, and reignited his form, scoring seven goals and proving two assists, with his versatility enabled him to play in various positions in attack, which was found useful by the new coach.

Nunez : His ability to drift into the box and create space was a major part of his game, while also being aided by the presence of another striker (either Haris Seferovic or Gonçalo Ramos), which enabled Núñez to vacate his wide position to take up more positions in the penalty area

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes...in a way...but has done the last 6 months or so....for club and country....seems to be increasing his goal tally , the more he develops....

I'm never going to trash Portugese football when you think Raul Jimenez was bumming around as a substitute over there and had a record of P80 G18....but apart from Porto, Sporting and Benfica.....the rest are not up to much and nowhere near the standard of Premier League defences, plus any decent player gets out of the country within 2 seasons.
I guess it really is about style of play and fitting in to our kind of football that is the key.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yes...in a way...but has done the last 6 months or so....for club and country....seems to be increasing his goal tally , the more he develops....think the kid will be top draw ...
Yeah he could well be but 8 in 27 games worth of minutes last season isn't exactly banging them in for fun. And I don't think his U21 goals say much to be candid.

Not against signing him, just think the idea he is nailed on is a little bit off the mark.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ramos is basically Portuguese Harry Kane if we sign him I'll suck Jeff Shi off myself
Pah! You're just like the others with their empty promises and lip service. You'll never do it. We're still waiting on some Reader's Wives action from Walsall and at least a couple of ****-eaters to step up to the plate just off the top of my head.

All mouth, no trousers.

(Just realised....that's a perfect description of you and Jeff when Ramos signs)

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pah! You're just like the others with their empty promises and lip service. You'll never do it. We're still waiting on some Reader's Wives action from Walsall and at least a couple of ****-eaters to step up to the plate just off the top of my head.

All mouth, no trousers.

(Just realised....that's a perfect description of you and Jeff when Ramos signs)
I'll slide into his dms make no mistake

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know nothing about Ramos or his style, but his record for Benfica compared to Darwin Nunez is interesting and pretty much aligns with how you describe him.
Ramos has a 1 in 3 scoring rate, Nunez was better than 1 in 2.

Ramos P36 G12
Nunez P57 G32

Wikis.
Ramos: Following the arrival of Roman Yaremchuk and the return of Darwin Núñez from injury, Ramos found limited first-team minutes, leading him to pursue a move out of the club in the winter transfer window. With the arrival of interim manager Nélson Veríssimo in January 2022, who had previously coached him at the B team, Ramos began playing more regularly, and reignited his form, scoring seven goals and proving two assists, with his versatility enabled him to play in various positions in attack, which was found useful by the new coach.

Nunez : His ability to drift into the box and create space was a major part of his game, while also being aided by the presence of another striker (either Haris Seferovic or Gonçalo Ramos), which enabled Núñez to vacate his wide position to take up more positions in the penalty area
Wasn’t Nunez first two seasons in football though was it? You’d be better do to compare their starting out records…

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm never going to trash Portugese football when you think Raul Jimenez was bumming around as a substitute over there and had a record of P80 G18....but apart from Porto, Sporting and Benfica.....the rest are not up to much and nowhere near the standard of Premier League defences, plus any decent player gets out of the country within 2 seasons.
I guess it really is about style of play and fitting in to our kind of football that is the key.
Yes off course....they generally trot that out about the Portuguese league in the British media, and then Bruno Fernandes and Ruben Dias come straight over and win premier league player of the year awards in their 1st and 2nd season.....it's a hot bed of talent the Portuguese league....considering the lack of money in the league it's record at producing top class players is phenomenal ....wasn't benfica the first club to hit a billion pounds in player sales......off course all the top players leave at an early age but that's just economics.....it's a hotbed of young talent and has been for ages.......

Despite its lack of money , I would put the leagues record of producing players up against any other league.....it's remarkable..

Last edited:

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

All mouth, no trousers.

Does anyone remember the good old days of the Mix when we just used to wager bottles of single malt?
The Premier league has changes us as fans, now we are wagering oral sex or to mimic 2 girls 1 cup with dog poo!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah he could well be but 8 in 27 games worth of minutes last season isn't exactly banging them in for fun. And I don't think his U21 goals say much to be candid.

Not against signing him, just think the idea he is nailed on is a little bit off the mark.
It's been a remarkable week on here if we are suddenly being picky about Ramos......2 weeks ago it was benteke, batshuayi and the likes....surely Ramos was very high up on most of our wish lists at the start of the window , as realistically a good signing, even if most of us thought he was out of our price range....

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the good old days of the Mix when we just used to wager bottles of single malt?
The Premier league has changes us as fans, now we are wagering oral sex or to mimic 2 girls 1 cup with dog poo!
For anyone that doesn't know already....for the love of all that is holy and for the sake of your eyes and your search history, DO NOT google that!! :tearsofjoy:

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It's been a remarkable week on here if we are suddenly being picky about Ramos......2 weeks ago it was benteke, batshuayi and the likes....surely Ramos was very high up on most of our wish lists at the start of the window , as realistically a good signing, even if most of us thought he was out of our price range....
I'm not saying it's a bad signing, I'd personally like a bit more pace up top and whilst he isn't slow not convinced he is rapid.

Also played a lot of football as a wide forward not a true CF.

Looks good in the air tbf, I'd certainly not be disappointed with the signing.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes off course....they generally trot that out about the Portuguese league in the British media, and then Bruno Fernandes and Ruben Dias come straight over and win premier league player of the year awards in their 1st and 2nd season.....it's a hot bed of talent the Portuguese league....considering the lack of money in the league it's record at producing top class players is phenomenal ....wasn't benfica the first club to hit a billion pounds in player sales......off course all the top players leave at an early age but that's just economics.....it's a hotbed of young talent and has been for ages.......

Despite its lack of money , I would put the leagues record of producing players up against any other league.....it's remarkable..
Agreed. Much rather we do out business with these teams than Barcelona.

Come a long way since doing bits with peterborough and Wigan

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ramos is basically Portuguese Harry Kane if we sign him I'll suck Jeff Shi off myself
OMG the promises are just God tier now

Pix or it didn’t happen

Frogwarts

Reaction score
I thought we were mad rejecting £30m for MGW. Everton rejecting £45m for Gordon is another level though.. Whoever is in charge of transfers there needs their head looking at!
I sort of agree and disagree at the same time. Gordon is a stand out player at Everton so why should Everton sell? … but 45 million… hello, worth considering. MGW standout player in the championship. Why sell? 35 million…hello

The transfer window is mad. The difference is that we would probably get better value for our 35 million via Mendez than Everton. With Everton squad they can’t afford to lose anyone remotely good.

Back
Top Bottom