Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Full time music

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let us sing them off. If they’re that desperate to press play then put something with a bit of Wolves heritage on like Wonder of You. It’s old but people sing along to it and does not stink of naffness like Quo or Sweet Caroline.

Status Quo was played for all teams when they won at Cardiff, it’s not a Wolves tune. And it’s bloody awful. Sweet Caroline is played at loads of sporting events. The only other time I’ve heard Wonder of You played was at Port Vale.

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

The club are getting a lot of appreciation for Cafe del Mar being played, so why not add more tracks of the same ilk? Firestarter by The Prodigy at the end of a home win would be mad.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Supposedly the music such as Paradise City (which i'm not a fan of) has been selected by Laurie not the match day team.

The DJ guy is also one of his mates and will be returning for the game V West Ham.

W

wolvesultra

We pay event prices. This is the problem, fans pay alot of money and club need to be putting stuff on to justify value.
Id rather just pay £15 on door see match and **** off back to pub tbh.
But it is and growing into a corporate and family activity more and more each season.
True I suppose and yeah I’d rather just pay £15 to and have no frills.

I do think some of the things are good for the kids and that but should before the actual etc. I’d like them to stop messing with the actual part where the players are on the pitch so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wolvesultra

Supposedly the music such as Paradise City (which i'm not a fan of) has been selected by Laurie not the match day team.

The DJ guy is also one of his mates and will be returning for the game V West Ham.
The DJ thing they had for Liverpool is back for good. A mate of mine was doing the electrics for it this week.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paradise City isnt even Guns n Roses best song.
I like Quo, I was at cardiff so that song has a special place in my heart. Same for Sweet Caroline to be honest after Bolton. I will say this whoever is in charge of the music at the molineux loves his wrestling theme tunes

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m in the “don’t really care what they play” crowd too

BUT

Please don’t start playing it 30 seconds after the whistle goes. Start it once they’re heading towards the tunnel. On Saturday the South Bank were trying to sing to Jota and couldn’t get it going because we were drowned out.

What about all the videos you see on club media taken after full time? How are they going to get any more of those if they’re just blasting Status Quo over the top of us?

D

Why not go the whole way and start selling glow sticks and E’s

Mate, we get it, you don't like music at full-time. I don't particularly care either but am suggesting a better choice of music than Sweet Caroline or Status Quo ffs.

ladywolf

Reaction score
The club are getting a lot of appreciation for Cafe del Mar being played, so why not add more tracks of the same ilk? Firestarter by The Prodigy at the end of a home win would be mad.

Fire starter would be amazing before the match with the flames and fireworks! Been wanting them to play the Prodigy for ages....if they do read this forum please make it happen!

I think the songs after aren’t the best but I’m always happy that we’ve won :)

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching all the Chelsea fans going barmy to Madness, the tunes we play are awful. Makes me want to leave Molineux even if we've won! Not a big fan of Sweet Caroline but a lot better than the Quo...
Sweet Caroline is played at Reading fc says it all to me plus i hate Status Quo

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I look around at the final whistle and people are trying to sing but everyone is drowned out by the Quo which not 1 fan is interested in.

W

wolvesultra

Mate, we get it, you don't like music at full-time. I don't particularly care either but am suggesting a better choice of music than Sweet Caroline or Status Quo ffs.
****ing hell it was a joke mate chill out.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I spend at least half the year away now, it was always a promise me and Mrs Walsall said we would one day live out our final lazy fat years in Tenerife so reluctantly gave up my season ticket last year after 28 years, it just wasn't worth it, and would rather give my seat up for someone who can make all the games (talk about timing though..)

I miss everything about matchday. But one thing I am happy I do not have to endure is sweet caroline post match. Jesus christ, can you get anymore generic and tinpot? Please someone have a word about that one. Do we still play The Wonder of you before games? That should never go imo though. Beautiful tune that genuinely resonates with us.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We should play our opponents song when we win

A bit of Kasabian would have made me loff straight after beating Leicester

D

Fire starter would be amazing before the match with the flames and fireworks! Been wanting them to play the Prodigy for ages....if they do read this forum please make it happen!

I think the songs after aren’t the best but I’m always happy that we’ve won :)

It would definitely fit the pyrotechnics! If it was up to me, older classics like Insomnia by Faithless, Sandstorm by Darude and Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation would be in the mix too.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really hit home against Leicester how the full time music is so annoying. The fans were trying their best to sing the praises of Jota as he came over but it was totally drowned out by the music they were playing which if nothing else was completely unfair on him.

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
2012 - 2017 Double relegation - Crowds were regularly 18k-20k - terrible atmopshere, miserable place to go 70% of the time (Sep 13 - Apr 15 excluded)

"God our team is ****" "We are destined for championship football or relegation fighting in Prem at best for rest of our lives"
"Our manager (Insert...McCarthy/Connors/Solbakken/Saunders/Jackett (at the end)/Lambert as you wish) are useless, I'm going to give up my season ticket, find a new hobby..."

2018 onwards - We are owned by ambitious owners with a fantastic manager who have made a generation of fans dreams come true by making us a competitive PL team in just 18 months

After a 4-3 win against Leicester, best home game in years. We are top half of prem, have a good chance of progressing further in the cup than we have in 20 years - "Music was terrible, ruining the experience for me"

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Swings and roundabouts isnt it football.
Best games have been in a random terrace at Peterborough, not exactly megadome Hurricanes footy was it?
Is the music rubbish or isn't it? Not about whether we were playing well then or not.
If a pub constantly plays S Club 7 or Coldplay I wouldn't go back, but we can change our music/ when we play any and make it an absolute class atmosphere.

R

reanswolf

At least with "Hi Ho Wolverhampton", they should play the Slade version which has a lot more *******s than Jeff Beck version.
I actually liked that anthem chant they use at the Darts and its easy to sing.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7 Nation Army??
I like Wonder of You at the Wolves. Would be happy to have that back at the end or start...even though it's not really my music.

As much as I don't like the Blues, having Mr Blue Sky as the teams run out is very good.

D

The DJ thing they had for Liverpool is back for good. A mate of mine was doing the electrics for it this week.

Back for good as in every game, or just certain games? Hope it isn't every game, it was nice for a change but can imagine the effect will wear off if used too often.

7 Nation Army??
I like Wonder of You at the Wolves. Would be happy to have that back at the end or start...even though it's not really my music.

As much as I don't like the Blues, having Mr Blue Sky as the teams run out is very good.

Wonder of You and running out to Simply the Best, name a better combo.....I'll wait......

W

wolvesultra

2012 - 2017 Double relegation - Crowds were regularly 18k-20k - terrible atmopshere, miserable place to go 70% of the time (Sep 13 - Apr 15 excluded)

"God our team is ****" "We are destined for championship football or relegation fighting in Prem at best for rest of our lives"
"Our manager (Insert...McCarthy/Connors/Solbakken/Saunders/Jackett (at the end)/Lambert as you wish) are useless, I'm going to give up my season ticket, find a new hobby..."

2018 onwards - We are owned by ambitious owners with a fantastic manager who have made a generation of fans dreams come true by making us a competitive PL team in just 18 months

After a 4-3 win against Leicester, best home game in years. We are top half of prem, have a good chance of progressing further in the cup than we have in 20 years - "Music was terrible, ruining the experience for me"
Nothing wrong with striving for better, especially in relation to things we have some sort of say/control in

W

wolvesultra

Back for good as in every game, or just certain games? Hope it isn't every game, it was nice for a change but can imagine the effect will wear off if used too often.

Wonder of You and running out to Simply the Best, name a better combo.....I'll wait......
Well my mate seemed to think for good as in the infrastructure, suppose the infrastructure could be there permanently but them not use it every time....fingers crossed.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Enjoy Yourself by The Specials would be a great upbeat tune to play at the end (after we’ve been allowed to sing them off in the old fashioned way).

Back
Top Bottom