Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Full time music

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Status Quo had its time and place - 26th May 2003, Cardiff. It's a nauseating song that had a special place but now that has been diluted into just a ****y song by its continual playing.
Sweet Caroline .. FFS!

Chelsea have it right with One Step Beyond. Even Palace with Glad All Over (when we used to go down there and they would beat us in the playoffs or the cup... that song had the desired effect at the end of those games... it ****ed me off even more)

I'm sure the club would listen to suggestions if someone can come up with a reasonable alternative(s)

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
One Step Beyond?! Is that really the gold standard?

M

Mr Wolf

What’s wrong with Paradice City

There’s that much opinion about music you’re never going to get it right.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching all the Chelsea fans going barmy to Madness, the tunes we play are awful. Makes me want to leave Molineux even if we've won! Not a big fan of Sweet Caroline but a lot better than the Quo...

Must knacker em out then,cus they dow gew barmy wen they score.o_O

Daveyboy

Reaction score
What’s wrong with Paradice City

There’s that much opinion about music you’re never going to get it right.
Nothing in particular, I quite like the song in general. Just think it's a poor choice for the full time music.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a time when the liquidator was played at the wolves for the first time

I wonder what the reaction to that was.........

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A song that the ****ed up fans myself included will sing along to.
Live Forever?
One Step Beyond is great pub singalong music, especially for Chelsea.

1965Wolf

What is good music is in the ear of the listener!!

Whatever they do there will be some who don’t like it. I must confess I like what the club plays.

S

ShropshireLad

Listening to Paradise City is a bit like being at the dentist.

D

Deleted member 3751

On the subject of matchday music, can we drop the god awful bootleg of Cafe Del Mar and go back to the original? Also get it back in line with the fireworks*

Thanks

*I appreciate that it may seem more in line on the opposite side of the stadium now

RBKWolf

Reaction score
When we’ve won, I will listen to and enjoy absolutely any old rubbish that they care to play. Cannot see why it’s an issue, winning the game is all that matters to me.
Quite!
I'm in the North Bank and, apparently, I'm just outside the subway when the final whistle blows.
The only thing that matters is the players coming over to be applauded. They could play anything and the majority of the fans still in the ground don't care. Nuno punching the air is all I want to see, 'cause that means we've won

Howlin’ Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Paradise city sounded great before the edit. Rocking all over the world was old hat in 1976 but still makes me smile from the play off final. Sweet Caroline is terrible. Why not play the Liquidator after a home win?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
We have some proper music nuts on this forum, I’m sure they can come up with a decent playlist which could be passed on to the club?

I enjoyed sweet Caroline last season at Bolton but it’s a bit gimmicky. Something like Don’t Look Back in Anger would be great but the Villa play that. City play Wonderwall. Maybe Champagne Supernova?!

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I quite liked paradise city after the game on Saturday.

As other people have said your not going to please everyone.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi ho silver lining is so old and dated.
But immigrants song obviously isn't.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
30 k people to please with one track to be played after final whistle with so many genres to choose from. Good luck with that.

Anyways, it tay a concert is it. If we win I will sing any old **** tbf. We were singing sweet caroline all the way to pub after Leicester.

I say get some happy hatdcore on and invite all fans onto pitch for a lightshow.

Whats 8k x 30k? Can I borrow some money Jeff? I will give it to charity, honestly. ;)

H

harold shand

Plenty of good bands with Wolves connections from Dexy's to Led Zep shouldn't be hard to find a decent track.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the subject of matchday music, can we drop the god awful bootleg of Cafe Del Mar and go back to the original? Also get it back in line with the fireworks*

Thanks

*I appreciate that it may seem more in line on the opposite side of the stadium now

I like that cafe del mar version, been trying to find it for ages.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm happy enough with Quo, Paradise City and Sweet Caroline, tbh don't much care what they play if we've won as long as its up beat....if we've lost I'm proper grumpy so don't want to hear any music.
Music is all about personal taste anyway, you'll never get a consensus.

W

wolvesultra

Remember when they allowed us to clap / sing and chant the team off then would read the football results after that as we queued to get out.

What the **** was wrong with that. Seems Wolves won’t be happy till you feel like you’re at an event rather than a football match.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember when they allowed us to clap / sing and chant the team off then would read the football results after that as we queued to get out.

What the **** was wrong with that. Seems Wolves won’t be happy till you feel like you’re at an event rather than a football match.

We pay event prices. This is the problem, fans pay alot of money and club need to be putting stuff on to justify value.
Id rather just pay £15 on door see match and **** off back to pub tbh.
But it is and growing into a corporate and family activity more and more each season.

Back
Top Bottom