Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Frimpong: Told Fletcher to join Arsenal

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's the problem here?
Fletch won't stay with us forever, and Frimpong is a class act who doesn't belong to us.

It's flattering if anything that he thinks we have players capable of playing for Arsenal

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He deserves a chance with a big club hopefully after keeping us up again but I personally can't see him being an arsene Wenger type player.

He would fit in well at Spurs though and good luck to him if he gets his move.

£12m at least

LaurenceHenry

Reaction score
“Stephen Ward at left-back isn’t bad either. They’ve got decent players, and the thing about them is that everyone works so hard.

“They base everything around work – people there even told me they haven’t got the ability of some of the teams in the Premier League and need to make up for that by working hard and I think that’s the right attitude.”

Interesting he should name-drop Ward for his ability at left-back.

Also, I find it alarming that people within the club have aknowledged our inability to compete technically. Surely that is the wrong attitude?

Hopefully Connor will attempt to convince them otherwise...

W

we8wba

even if we stay up we may have to sell him, he's clearly beyond our level

as long as he went on about moving from the club in the right way (like a lescott did) then i dont think anyone would begrudge him moving should that kind of offer come

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
How's about we stay up and Frimpong comes to join us (and Fletch) on loan next season? Much better arrangement for everyone :)

I think that Liverpool will be the ones after Fletch in the Summer. Desperately in need of a goalscorer to play alongside Suarez, and the move would appeal to him as a boyhood Liverpool fan.

Would hate to lose him but unfortunately for us, he is destined for bigger things.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RVP is off to Italy once the Euros are over. They don't have any faith in Chamakh. They will need a central striker predator type this summer. Imagine how many Fletcher would score in a season with decent service (and more appealing still to a club manager, being without international distractions).

E

Essex Wolf

He deserves a chance with a big club hopefully after keeping us up again but I personally can't see him being an arsene Wenger type player.

He would fit in well at Spurs though and good luck to him if he gets his move.

£12m at least

But how would Wolves ever reach the heights of becoming a better and therefore potentialy bigger club by selling their best assets?

Nero wolf

Reaction score
But how would Wolves ever reach the heights of becoming a better and therefore potentialy bigger club by selling their best assets?

Regarding players..they all got their price.
There is always a possibility for better replacements.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I understand where your coming from but we haven't progressed since promotion IMO so some players will end up out growing us.

Every player has his price and we can afford to hold out for the very best deal but I would be livid if we sold Javis and Hennessey aswel.

E

Essex Wolf

I understand where your coming from but we haven't progressed since promotion IMO so some players will end up out growing us.

Every player has his price and we can afford to hold out for the very best deal but I would be livid if we sold Javis and Hennessey aswel.

Kidder I'm there with you all the way re lack of progression and I really would have thought in the clubs 3rd season things would have been far better.

I have said before there is the risk of the small band of the clubs good players wanting away should Wolves go down. Some will stay for whatever reason but I accept some will most likely leave and if so the club are back to square one in some aspects.

D

Deleted member 3751

£15m plus Frimpong on loan with them paying his wages would do for me.

Fletch is a class act and will get a crack at the big stage sooner rather than later.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if we (somehow) stay up with ease and everything is rosey in the garden he will still be off in the summer. He is far too good for us and my only hope is that he does leave in a respectful way as somebody mentioned earlier on in the thread. I also hope it isn’t some sideward/backward step (in terms of club size) and he joins somebody like Stoke/WBA/Villa/Everton etc - that would really get under my skin, it has to be someone like Tottenham or Arsenal, although personally I think he is Liverpool bound.

I hate to sound smug and repetitive here, but I still find it incredible this man was third choice behind Doyle & Ebanks Blake 12 months ago, and was only really used as a last throw of the dice. It annoyes me tbh hearing all these Johnny come latelys who are bigging him up now having read on this board last year words like flop, uninterested etc. I just feel so vindicated in my love for Fletcher :p It’s actually a shame for this country he declared himself for Scotland, born in Shrewsbury, he could be a England striker right now and $$$$ me how they could do with him.

On a side note, I have made these feelings clear in another thread but i have to repeat it now - if he is not in that team on Sunday I am walking out of my local pub because it would be criminal not playing our best player, I don’t care how good Doyle was (who is average at best in comparison to Fletcher) and†you don’t change a winning side†(oh wait..) etc, he MUST play.

Ideal scenario, he scores the goals to keep us up and we bid him farewell to bigger and better things.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the many of us that were living through the eternal dross of the 1990s, if you're anything like me it's a breath of fresh air that we actually have assets that are considered of (in some cases considerably) more value than when we bought them. I'll always the remember the frustration of having a squad full of the likes of Atkins, Osborn, Corica, Ferguson, Taylor, Williams etc - players bought for a lot, sold for less and contributed little between. So whilst alot of us are deeply frustrated by the actions of recent weeks, we are in a hugely different place to the Golden Tit era.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to happen sometime, No we don't want it to but because he's a class act he will get offers in the summer especially if he plays in the Olympics.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Fletch will be here next season if we stay up along with Frimpong, as long as he is fit enough.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if we (somehow) stay up with ease and everything is rosey in the garden he will still be off in the summer. He is far too good for us and my only hope is that he does leave in a respectful way as somebody mentioned earlier on in the thread. I also hope it isn’t some sideward/backward step (in terms of club size) and he joins somebody like Stoke/WBA/Villa/Everton etc - that would really get under my skin, it has to be someone like Tottenham or Arsenal, although personally I think he is Liverpool bound.

I hate to sound smug and repetitive here, but I still find it incredible this man was third choice behind Doyle & Ebanks Blake 12 months ago, and was only really used as a last throw of the dice. It annoyes me tbh hearing all these Johnny come latelys who are bigging him up now having read on this board last year words like flop, uninterested etc. I just feel so vindicated in my love for Fletcher :p It’s actually a shame for this country he declared himself for Scotland, born in Shrewsbury, he could be a England striker right now and $$$$ me how they could do with him.

On a side note, I have made these feelings clear in another thread but i have to repeat it now - if he is not in that team on Sunday I am walking out of my local pub because it would be criminal not playing our best player, I don’t care how good Doyle was (who is average at best in comparison to Fletcher) and†you don’t change a winning side†(oh wait..) etc, he MUST play.

Ideal scenario, he scores the goals to keep us up and we bid him farewell to bigger and better things.

Good post WW - spot on IMO

E

Essex Wolf

But there really is no need for Fletcher to move on should Wolves stay up as long as the owner and/or manager start doing a better job as regards the squad.

After last season when Morgan said he didn't want to go through exactly what we are now going through I would have thought, hoped and expected that having yet another chance he would approach and dell with things differently and far better.

If he same attitude and policuies are kept in place I wouldn't blame Fletcher or any of the better players to want away. What's the point in staying at a club that shows no intention or ambition to move onwards and upwads?

However if, and unlike pre this season, the squad is improved with the type and standard of player to push on then he may be happy to stay and be part of something showing the right intentions?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fletcher tweets that Frimpong should join Wolves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember us thrashing Arsenal 5-1 . . . .

Why must we always put on the small club attitude!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never had a problem with ANY player moving to progress. If Fletch went to Arsenal/Man Utd/Liverpool etc then good on him. Even if he went to a middling club but we were adequately compensated, all would be well. However, if he $$$$ed of to Blackburn for a tub of buttons, that would really $$$$ me about!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember us thrashing Arsenal 5-1 . . . .

Why must we always put on the small club attitude!
...and a whisker away from the FA Cup Final. My biggest memory of Wolves poor managerial decisions over the years is, why oh why didn't Froggatt just attack, attack, attack Grimandi after his booking??? Aarghhhh!!! Even now it makes my blood boil. McGhee you $$$$!!!

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal will have big money to spend in the summer. Word in Germany is that Lucas Poldolski is as good as a Gooner, and Wenger wants to move Walcott into the middle as he did with Henry so Fletch would have a battle on his hands for a place. Liverpool may be a different story.

A

andyc225

I imagine the Bin Dippers will clear Carroll off in the summer. That tells you all you need to know.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only interesting thing he said was that he would be happy to come back. Otherwise he is a 20 year old with too much time on his hands right now. If Wolves are to progress they must build a team around their better players. That very much includes Fletcher. Arsenal and anyone else can buzz off. Time we stood up in the football world and stopped behaving like football peasantry.

Arsenal should worry about their own problems at the moment and people like Frimpong should concentrate on getting back on the pitch rather than twittering away their lives with trivial comments.

B

Bankswolf II

It's inevitable for a club our size to lose big players, im afraid that if you aren't going to make an effort competing in this league then players would get fed up and leave

All we can hope for is a massive transfer and he doesn't score past us like the others do

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's inevitable for a club our size to lose big players, im afraid that if you aren't going to make an effort competing in this league then players would get fed up and leave

All we can hope for is a massive transfer and he doesn't score past us like the others do

Ok, tell you what, let's 'make an effort' and keep our best players. Every time I see Keane and Lescott play I am reminded of so much past failure and what might have been.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll be on his way at the end of the season, he's a class act and the best header of the ball in the prem, and he's only 24.

Some of the figures being banded around are stupidly low, if we don't double our money I'll be amazed. Trying to think of anyone comparable from other clubs, Henderson to Liverpool was crazy money but the top four will occasionally pay big money - Valencia went from Wigan to Utd for about £16m?

My only hope is that he doesn't end up going to a newly promoted club (if we go down) or to the likes of Fulham/Everton/Newcastle. Deserves a shot at the big time.

Nero wolf

Reaction score
I´d sell Fletch for 12 mill at this very moment and I would lick the hand with the payout as well.
It is a decent enough profit for him.
I would select carefully..and buy TWO central midfielders with enough quality to get us to the next level..with Doyle and SEB scoring.
The key is central midfield in modern football,first and foremost.
And don´t you forget it!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Usual positivity from Wolves fans. Sometimes you just give up with comments on here as people latch on to whatever negative slant they can. He is staying and we are remaining in the Premiership. Now please repeat 20 times a day for the next three months. Jesus wept. We are building a team around him and other good players we have. We are good enough to stay up despite the suicidal tendencies of some fans.

W

Wexford Wolf

Look likes Frimpong was sent on a scouting mission to the Black Country...:rolleyes:

F

FLEET WOLF

I´d sell Fletch for 12 mill at this very moment and I would lick the hand with the payout as well.
It is a decent enough profit for him.
I would select carefully..and buy TWO central midfielders with enough quality to get us to the next level..with Doyle and SEB scoring.
The key is central midfield in modern football,first and foremost.
And don´t you forget it!

I agree with you about central midfield, but SEB will never be a big PL goalscorer and despite his other attributes, the same really applies to Doyle. I wouldn't part with Fletcher for anything under 15 million.

Back
Top Bottom