Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun in? Jeff & Sellars Out?

What do we do?

• Fosun Out

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • Fosun in - Shi & Sellars Out

Votes: 110 41.8%
  • Fosun In - Everything will be alright

Votes: 90 34.2%
  • Let’s tear this place apart!!!!

Votes: 21 8.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No they let silva and Giles go to play first team football which benefited MGW. Once Semedo is fit Giles would be 3rd choice, what’s he learning there?

not 4 first team starters. It makes a difference
Nah, that is about right. 3 starters out injured at once over short term isn't crazy. They also knew about Semedo for a long time and for Traore for 3 weeks and Raul for 1.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fine…….get rid of him and Fosun too if you think that’s wise.

Afterall, somewhere its carved in stone that the next owners will be better than Fosun, right? It’s guaranteed!

Do you think everything is hunky dory at the moment?

Do you think we have we have a first class recruitment team looking back over the past 2 years?

Do you think we’ve invested well in our stadium and football infrastructure including maintenance?

I am happy to praise the club’s work in the local community, it’s media activities, it’s brand development, and even its relative transparency towards fans. I’m also happy to praise aspects of their football operations, including some of our transfers in each recent window. And I have always praised what Fosun did in the early years of their ownership of Wolves, turning around a sleeping giant and restoring our pride.

However our squad depth now is absolutely woeful, and has even been acknowledged by the clubs leadership in ask wolves videos and by our current and prior coach. Yet, since acknowledging this, it’s actually gotten progressively weaker in the past three windows. You can’t ignore it, it was laid bare in the second half of last season, and in the Leeds game today. You will probably remind me that there are three weeks until the window closes, and you’re right. But we will likely throw away 15 points by the time we have brought anyone in, and then there is no certainty that we won’t suffer more injuries. The clubs leadership are putting their proverbial heads in the sand ignoring it, hoping it doesn’t lead to a relegation scrap, and nobody is challenging Jeff. That’s unhealthy and will eventually lead to disaster unless somebody challenges it.

Last edited:

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's pointless complaining about Shi and Sellars they are just employees and don't control the purse strings.

There are a number of teams who can only buy if they sell as their owners have decided to minimise their spending.

Our problem is we couldn't sell Traore or Neves at a price at a time we wanted.

Look at Leeds -sold their best two players and bought six new ones .

Look at Leicester no outgoings no incomings.

At least Bruno is trying to play more attractive football.

But in the end its always about a positive net spend and Fosun don't want to play that game anymore .

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FOSUN have done a fantastic job on the whole but it is perhaps time they sell at least part of their stake in the club to a party with the financial means and ambition to progress us further. For all this talk about sustainability, spending as little as possible in the long run isn't sustainable in this league. You have to invest in order to keep pace with the teams around you that have deep wallets and are always looking to improve.

Writing is on the wall if the current strategy continues and the value of their asset would massively drop as a result.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
FOSUN have done a fantastic job on the whole but it is perhaps time they sell at least part of their stake in the club to a party with the financial means and ambition to progress us further. For all this talk about sustainability, spending as little as possible in the long run isn't sustainable in this league. You have to invest in order to keep pace with the teams around you that have deep wallets and are always looking to improve.

Writing is on the wall if the current strategy continues and the value of their asset would massively drop as a result.
I suspect they’re trying to do precisely that (e.g sell 20-25%) but they’re holding out for a certain valuation and an investor/partner with deep pockets who won’t be too active. The problem for them is that as every week goes by without investment our relegation chances are likely to tick up and the discounted value of the club could start going down quite precipitously if they’re not careful

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No they let silva and Giles go to play first team football which benefited MGW. Once Semedo is fit Giles would be 3rd choice, what’s he learning there?

not 4 first team starters. It makes a difference
Well how many on the bench barring defence options would be better than Giles or Fabio as they have had more experience than the others .

So they good enough ? . Comedy show pal

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I suspect they’re trying to do precisely that (e.g sell 20-25%) but they’re holding out for a certain valuation and an investor with deep pockets who won’t be too active. The problem for them is that as every week goes by without investment our relegation chances are likely to tick up and the discounted value of the club could start going down quite precipitously if they’re not careful
Why would you buy 25% if you have deep pockets and want to invest? You'd just buy it all. What is going to happen then, they spend £100M on players for a club they don't own?

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo, Traore, Raul, Moutinho. Does make that bench look a hella different.

It's extremely rare for a club to have zero injuries throughout the squad, so they return and someone else takes their place on the injury table.

Furthermore, we have a chronic lack of game changers and different options available throughout the squad, those players coming back doesn't change much, as they're mainly responsible for our poor play over previous campaigns.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah for sure but until it the fat lady sings at the end of the month, it's still possible to sort the extra few bodies out. After then by all means.
Like they did last windows lol

Complete joke now will the backup options . Told Giles and Fabio need experience but

Sarkic,bueno,cundle,campbell, hodge good enough . Come on people get your head out of the sand

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think everything is hunky dory at the moment?

Do you think we have we have a first class recruitment team looking back over the past 2 years?

Do you think we’ve invested well in our stadium and football infrastructure including maintenance?

I am happy to praise the club’s work in the local community, it’s media activities, it’s brand development, and even its relative transparency towards fans. I’m also happy to praise aspects of their football operations, including some of our transfers in each recent window. And I have always praised what Fosun did in the early years of their ownership of Wolves, turning around a sleeping giant and restoring our pride.

However our squad depth now is absolutely woeful, and has even been acknowledged by the clubs leadership in ask wolves videos and by our current and prior coach. Yet, since acknowledging this, it’s actually gotten progressively weaker in the past three windows. You can’t ignore it, it was laid bare in the second half of last season, and in the Leeds game today. You will probably remind me that there are three weeks until the window closes, and you’re right. But we will likely throw away 15 points by the time we have brought anyone in, and then there is no certainty that we won’t suffer more injuries. The clubs leadership are putting their proverbial heads in the sand ignoring it, hoping it doesn’t lead to a relegation scrap, and nobody is challenging Jeff. That’s unhealthy and will eventually lead to disaster unless somebody challenges it.
Absolutely spot on Sussex.

DJW

Reaction score
Just imagine if Neves and MGW wanted to leave, which they might want to before the window closes. If we had to replace them and re-strengthen the squad! Jeff and Sellars, a mess of their own making, pressure's on to sort it out. Days rather than weeks!

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in the camp for them all going to be honest.
My only concern is the fact that Fosun have attached the Wolves brand/logo to many of their other business ventures. What's the betting they try to take it with them, should they go?
I commend those of you who are happy with things but I'm anything but and 100% feel we're being mugged off!
Price increases across the board for a "Premium product" that isn't forthcoming!!!
Love the club but I intend to follow Fosun's lead and reduce my investment!

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why would you buy 25% if you have deep pockets and want to invest? You'd just buy it all. What is going to happen then, they spend £100M on players for a club they don't own?

Many reasons why someone might want to buy a stake but not the whole lot. Diversification, finances, ensure manager-owners retain skin in the game, etc. For sports clubs, being a minority owner is likely appealing as you’re less of a lightning rod when things go wrong too.

If a fund or wealthy individual bought 25% they’d own a quarter of the company so don’t follow your last bit

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah for sure but until it the fat lady sings at the end of the month, it's still possible to sort the extra few bodies out. After then by all means.
The fat lady has sung at multiple window closings where have you been. We hear this every window and then crickets...?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Many reasons why someone might want to buy a stake but not the whole lot. Diversification, finances, ensure manager-owners retain skin in the game, etc. For sports clubs, being a minority owner is likely appealing as you’re less of a lightning rod when things go wrong too.

If a fund or wealthy individual bought 25% they’d own a quarter of the company so don’t follow your last bit
They don't have control, they can't make decisions but they are footing 100Ms in transfers. Sounds fanciful

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well how many on the bench barring defence options would be better than Giles or Fabio as they have had more experience than the others .

So they good enough ? . Comedy show pal
Does it help Giles sitting on the bench all season rather than playing every week? That’s comedy “pal”

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My opinion.
We were bought for the purpose of player trading hence the close tie in with gestifute as im sure most of us would agree with. Leaked documents after they had bought us, plus other documents in the press when they were trying to buy bordeaux shows this is their ultimate aim. Develop younger players into higher value, sell and buy the next generational talent. Take a 20% skim from the agent via dividends from gestifute, reinvest the profits from sale of players back into the club for the next young talent.
3 big things went wrong for us.
1. Covid. Reset a lot of clubs finances and the transfer merry go round slowed for 18 months
2. Purchase of semedo and fabio. 60m out the door, with a far lower return than doherty and jota.
3. Progressively worsening football. 2 and a bit years of boring football has seen those players we may have expected to sell for a healthy profit stagnate, or even reduce in value or unsellable, with ever reducing contracts.

I was proud to call myself a happy clapper, and not let lack of signings in previous windows get me too concerned, but to have put ourselves in the current position, with literally no game changers off the bench, no striker, slow midfield is absolute negligence, and im struggling to remain positive.

In my ever eternal optimism, i do expect jeff to do something about it this week, and we see at least a striker, most likely batuisyi but they need to do something to regain some trust from the fanbase and show they actually have an interest in our club.

We live and breath this club, but owners come and go. After 3 years of poor transfer decisions, they need to either put up or sell up. If they arent commited, then why should the fans be by paying the ever increasing ticket prices.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Every Friday I dream of winning the lottery and every Monday I log on to work.

Fosun let us dream, now they just want their money back.

It’s really as simple as that.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

My opinion.
We were bought for the purpose of player trading hence the close tie in with gestifute as im sure most of us would agree with. Leaked documents after they had bought us, plus other documents in the press when they were trying to buy bordeaux shows this is their ultimate aim. Develop younger players into higher value, sell and buy the next generational talent. Take a 20% skim from the agent via dividends from gestifute, reinvest the profits from sale of players back into the club for the next young talent.
3 big things went wrong for us.
1. Covid. Reset a lot of clubs finances and the transfer merry go round slowed for 18 months
2. Purchase of semedo and fabio. 60m out the door, with a far lower return than doherty and jota.
3. Progressively worsening football. 2 and a bit years of boring football has seen those players we may have expected to sell for a healthy profit stagnate, or even reduce in value or unsellable, with ever reducing contracts.

I was proud to call myself a happy clapper, and not let lack of signings in previous windows get me too concerned, but to have put ourselves in the current position, with literally no game changers off the bench, no striker, slow midfield is absolute negligence, and im struggling to remain positive.

In my ever eternal optimism, i do expect jeff to do something about it this week, and we see at least a striker, most likely batuisyi but they need to do something to regain some trust from the fanbase and show they actually have an interest in our club.

We live and breath this club, but owners come and go. After 3 years of poor transfer decisions, they need to either put up or sell up. If they arent commited, then why should the fans be by paying the ever increasing ticket prices.
Fosun had to have their holdings of Gestifute in a separate holding company with Companies House to demonstrate that they took no dividends to satisfy FA

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just imagine if Neves and MGW wanted to leave, which they might want to before the window closes. If we had to replace them and re-strengthen the squad! Jeff and Sellars, a mess of their own making, pressure's on to sort it out. Days rather than weeks!
If as I fear we are in the bottom 3 come the end of August, MGW and Neves will both be off, if not sooner.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does it help Giles sitting on the bench all season rather than playing every week? That’s comedy “pal”
But you said they needed expirience which other listed have none even at champ level apart from the keeper . So that's comedy paljeff it's ok if you say you are Steve bulls knee we understand :)

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sellars is a ****ty Walter Mitty. He's made a career out of being an incompetent nobody who somehow gets hired by his mates. Brian Marwood brought him in at City and the academy actually got worse - before he arrived players like Johnson and Richards were at least coming through, when Sellars went there, nothing. Beguirastain knew he was stealing a living and soon fired him.

In the five or so years he's been here he's done nothing other than bring a load of Manchester City cast-offs in for a year before they fail to make it and sneer at Nuno after he left, slagging off Podence. Now he's ballsing up the first team as well. He needs to be removed as soon as possible, no matter who we sign now he will have cost us probably ultimately 12-15 points at the very least.

He needs to update his LinkedIn profile. Starting with using capital letters at the beginning of his first and surname. Idiot.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what? If and when China starts throwing it's fireworks at Taiwan and goes full on Poo-Tin on their asses, and the West goes about things as they have with Poo-Tin, then we could well end up with a holding company running us to even tighter constraints until we're sold.
As soon as the UK starts putting sanctions onto China, what do people think the Chinese government will do regarding Chinese companies with money in western companies?

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We absolutely reek of relegation right now. That can change, of course, but at this moment we're that team.

If you don't see it go and ask literally anyone else away from Wolves.

Something has to change.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
If we don’t have any money, then the fact we have loaned out our club record signing (at £35m), whilst only having one senior fit striker in the first team squad suggests that we have got something very wrong somewhere along the line.

Completely understand people saying Fabio needs a loan (I personally think was ready to play more of a leading role for us this season) but to do it before we had a replacement secured is hugely questionable.

We’ve been told by a few ITKs on here that we’ve been looking at strikers on a loan to buy basis but that they wouldn’t be available until the selling club had got a striker in themselves. That’s exactly what we should have told Anderlecht.

He should have been starting for us today, which would have at least given us a senior forward option off the bench.

Reaction score
Couldn’t care less if I never see or hear of Jeff n Scott ever again if I’m honest absolutely useless the both of em, they shoulder full blame for where we are right now and the longer they remain the further we shall fall!!!!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
We absolutely reek of relegation right now. That can change, of course, but at this moment we're that team.

Something has to change.

I still (perhaps naively) think we should be ok this season. But that is definitely the perception that a few of my friends have of us at the moment. Awful end to last year, unproven Manager and paper thin squad.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Something has to change.
Absolutely, wolves smell of bottom 3, we look it, we play it, as fans we show it. Everything within the club is relegation. Championship would be the nail in the coffin for a few.

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Why has it became trendy for teams fans to hate on their owners like there are these magical benevolent billionaires out there that understand perfectly how to run a club.

Fosun have and continue to make mistakes but they're hardly evil masterminds running the club into the ground. Some of you need to chill out with the doom and gloom.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m probably well cut out for that role. Count me in.
You’re in Davro. Ideally if you can slur something about ‘profit on Neves’ face down into a pappadum that’d be ideal.

Now who’s up for a pointless 2 week trip to South America?

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Quite.
We have no idea what they ask for and what they are told. As far as Fosun are concerned, we are a viable entity with little risk. They invested wisely at the start of their tenure, achieved their goals and have realised it is a real gamble to try and compete in the top 4. Not surprisingly, they are taking a different approach that requires patience. Sadly, some of our fans haven't got the nouse to understand any of this.
I think the first part of your comment is accurate.
The injection of cash needed to push top 4 is a huge risk.
On the other hand you continue on to suggest some fans don't have the "nouse" to understand the current transfer strategy, I think that's wrong.
It's an easy cop out to suggest fans are screaming for signings merely because we want them. Whilst I agree some are unrealistic in their expectaions I feel the majority of the fan base, including many many mixers saw this result coming today. Self sustainability is our motto now in that phrase is one important word...
Sustainability.
Fosun, Jeff and sellars, dress it up however you like but they have either severely underestimated the level of investment required in order to sustain a place in the premier League or they simply do not care.
I'll say again, we don't need statement signings, we don't need to spend huge money, we need squad depth and we need it now.
Some will say fans are in the wrong for being hysterical about the loss today but I disagree. We should be fuming, I don't claim to be an expert in professional football analysis but we have literally been screaming for the same key positions to be strengthened over a number of windows. Our staff and upper management literally get paid to identify our shortcomings and address them accordingly. They are failing and today that failure is no longer pant wetting, it's point leaking.

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
You’re in Davro. Ideally if you can slur something about ‘profit on Neves’ face down into a pappadum that’d be ideal.

Now who’s up for a pointless 2 week trip to South America?
Me me me!!! I can sit on a Brazilian beach for 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom