Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Football in general (non-Wolves)

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Man City on the verge of winning yet another title!
Since their take over in 2008 they have won more trophies than in their entire history prior to the takeover
Do you think it would get boring after a while?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since their take over in 2008 they have won more trophies than in their entire history prior to the takeover
I would love to find out....

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You bring up a good point. Winning every week could become flat, routine, ordinary. As humans we are hardwired to take things for granted.......and that’s when emotion gets dulled. Without an emotional high we may as well be watching tiddly winks.
Anyway, I‘ll worry about that when we do The Treble:)

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boring if it was every year and unchallenged. You need a close rival or two, bit of ebb and flow. The early 2000s were great to watch with Man Utd and Arsenal duking it out, then with Chelsea in the frame, and competition from Leeds, Newcastle, the odd Liverpool run. City had it too easy this year, in the end.

If we were ever in the position of title challengers, year on year, it would be all the sweeter to be slogging it out with rivals and actually 'winning' it instead of everyone else just not being of the same standard. Imagine going to Anfield or Old Trafford for a crunch game in April, and getting a blood and thunder 2-1 victory that leaves you top of the table on MOTD. That's where all the glory of 'being the best' is.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the Shady Six have to stump up the grand total of £22m between them to pay for their attempted breakaway

Pathetic

One decent thing though, if they try it again it'll be a £25m fine and a 30pt deduction

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the Shady Six have to stump up the grand total of £22m between them to pay for their attempted breakaway

Pathetic

One decent thing though, if they try it again it'll be a £25m fine and a 30pt deduction
Unbelievable .

Clubs have got relegated through the leagues for going into administration.

These 6 ****s do this and get away with **** all.

I’m not suprised but it is a disgrace . They should all be banned from Europe for 5 years and then the playing field would be level

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable .

Clubs have got relegated through the leagues for going into administration.

These 6 ****s do this and get away with **** all.

I’m not suprised but it is a disgrace . They should all be banned from Europe for 5 years and then the playing field would be level

If they were banned for 5 years, they might as well go and form their own league!

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching the Olympic Hockey yesterday and saw their version of a penalty shootout. The forward could run with the ball from a set distance and had 8 seconds in which to score but they could have as may goes as they liked within that. Also the keeper was free to come out.

I have to say I would love to see that tried in football. Player has 15 seconds from the centre circle.

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was watching the Olympic Hockey yesterday and saw their version of a penalty shootout. The forward could run with the ball from a set distance and had 8 seconds in which to score but they could have as may goes as they liked within that. Also the keeper was free to come out.

I have to say I would love to see that tried in football. Player has 15 seconds from the centre circle.
Yanks used to do something similar in their league in the 70s/80s. I agree it looks better

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did a similar type of penalties in US soccer. Not sure if they still do?
Used to try those as a kid.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
UEFA has ‘grave concerns’ over FIFA’s plans for biennial World Cup — Ceferin

I must have missed that FIFA have suggested biennial world cups.

Well UEFA are against it apparently, “for the good of the game” (and probably because they’re worried someone else is getting a bigger slice of the pie than them).

I don’t mind the idea of one month long International break in the season rather than 4 spaced out as has also been suggested to be fair, but the idea of a major tournament every summer doesn’t appeal to me, it just dilutes the appeal.

I wish people would stop trying to ‘improve’ Football!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
UEFA has ‘grave concerns’ over FIFA’s plans for biennial World Cup — Ceferin

I must have missed that FIFA have suggested biennial world cups.

Well UEFA are against it apparently, “for the good of the game” (and probably because they’re worried someone else is getting a bigger slice of the pie than them).

I don’t mind the idea of one month long International break in the season rather than 4 spaced out as has also been suggested to be fair, but the idea of a major tournament every summer doesn’t appeal to me, it just dilutes the appeal.

I wish people would stop trying to ‘improve’ Football!
Clearly though, if they make more money out of it, it's better...

At what point does it break, all come crumbling down and we go and support lower league

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly though, if they make more money out of it, it's better...

At what point does it break, all come crumbling down and we go and support lower league
When they’ve leached every last penny they can and destroyed the game in the process.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quick q - other than Wembley, I’ve never done an away day further south than Coventry (I’ve done all the North East, Yorkshire, East Mids etc).

I’m in London for work W/c 20 Sep which coincides with the League Cup third round.

Which grounds/fixtures would be best to attend as a neutral? Fancy ticking a couple more off the 92.

Tuesday:
Fulham v Leeds (tickets may be difficult)
QPR v Everton
Brentford v Oldham

Wednesday
Chelsea v Villa
Arsenal v Wimbledon

I quite fancied Fulham the first night and Arsenal the second, but maybe QPR and Chelsea would be better matches?

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Quick q - other than Wembley, I’ve never done an away day further south than Coventry (I’ve done all the North East, Yorkshire, East Mids etc).

I’m in London for work W/c 20 Sep which coincides with the League Cup third round.

Which grounds/fixtures would be best to attend as a neutral? Fancy ticking a couple more off the 92.

Tuesday:
QPR v Everton
Brentford v Oldham

Wednesday
Chelsea v Villa
Arsenal v Wimbledon

I quite fancied Fulham the first night and Arsenal the second, but maybe QPR and Chelsea would be better matches?
You won't struggle to get Fulham tickets though personally I'd wait for their main stand to be built, Arsenal will be empty for that game so I'd try and go to Chelsea

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You won't struggle to get Fulham tickets though personally I'd wait for their main stand to be built, Arsenal will be empty for that game so I'd try and go to Chelsea
According to their site, they're initially on sale to STHs/members, then those with a purchasing history. I suspect there are quite a lot of London-based Leeds fans they're wary of, as there's no mention of general sale.

With one stand out of action, they've given one of the ends to Leeds.

Think you're right with Chelsea, I'm staying in Shoreditch so QPR + Chelsea isn't too much time on the tube, Fulham + Chelsea on consecutive nights was putting me off.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tuesday:
QPR v Everton
Brentford v Oldham

Wednesday
Chelsea v Villa
Arsenal v Wimbledon

Flum have their strange neutral zone. I doubt that QPR would be hard to get tickets either. Brentford might be a different issue.

The Emirates is way bigger than Stanford Bridge and the Gooners (my local team, grrrr) are struggling. I would have thought that tickets would be a piece of pee for that. I imagine that anyone even vaguely related to Wimbledon will want to go to Chavski.

Back
Top Bottom