Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Football in general (non-Wolves)

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Find it quite strange we don't appear to have a thread to cover most of the football stories that don't involve us. Instead we get regular, specific threads about what other clubs are up to. Thought it might be useful to start one, rather than to start a specific thread about...

Everton losing £140m in the year to 30th June 2020 (they attribute almost 50% of it to Covid)

How the hell are they managing to post these huge losses every year without falling foul of FFP? It's not sustainable and should Moshiri get bored they are in for one almighty fall

(If we do have a generic football thread I'm sure this will get moved there!)

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Find it quite strange we don't appear to have a thread to cover most of the football stories that don't involve us. Instead we get regular, specific threads about what other clubs are up to. Thought it might be useful to start one, rather than to start a specific thread about...

Everton losing £140m in the year to 30th June 2020 (they attribute almost 50% of it to Covid)

How the hell are they managing to post these huge losses every year without falling foul of FFP? It's not sustainable and should Moshiri get bored they are in for one almighty fall

(If we do have a generic football thread I'm sure this will get moved there!)
I think that why they make a business decision each season not to qualify for Europe cos then they’d be hit by ffp

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that why they make a business decision each season not to qualify for Europe cos then they’d be hit by ffp

With the size of those losses, and the fact that they’ve been doing so for years, UEFA probably wouldn’t let them in even if they did qualify, such as happened to Milan and a couple of the Turkish clubs.
Unless Moshiri could be as ‘persuasive’ as the Citeh group in the courtroom anyway.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very worthwhile thread, which might show that other clubs are in a far worse state than Wolves.

The true shame of football as it is now is the belief that football started in 1992 (when it started being shown on Sky). For example, a recent discussion on Sky called Kane Spurs best ever player - no mention of Greaves (best ever English goal scorer), Dave Mackay etc etc. Legends such as Wright, Finney, Matthews ad infintum are pretty much totally forgotten by the media (but not by true fans). Cricket meanwhile is very respectful of its legends.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read the article and the sums mentioned are quite incredible - £20 mil on the new stadium preparation plans. I assume that's all to do with architects and drawings; I knew I should have studied harder at school! £6.6 mil to Marco Silva and team when they were fired; it certainly pays to keep a settled manager!

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely do not know how Everton are not being looked at. There is taking the **** and then taking THE ****.
2018 - £13.1 loss
2019 - £111.8m loss
2020 - £139.9m loss

That is a 3 year aggregated loss of £264.8m when the max limit is £105m loss

Even if you accept the claim that £67.3m of the losses were due to Covid and discount that, that is still£197.5m loss

I cant remember the exact situation regard FFP, but think it was going to be last and this season average?? - but going to be some creative accounting to meet FFP. Unless as appears they are exempt from it

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Resurrecting it slightly (may well affect Wolves)

40 positive Covid tests in the last round between Dec 28th and Jan 3rd

Not good at all

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Just on other teams everyone laughs at ole at the wheel but last year they finished 3rd and doing well again this year. Is he actually a good manager or are they just a cheating team that flatter to deceive?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time before the season is stopped. FA Cup getting scraped has been muted.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just on other teams everyone laughs at ole at the wheel but last year they finished 3rd and doing well again this year. Is he actually a good manager or are they just a cheating team that flatter to deceive?
Got some fantastic players but could only scrape past our kids with a 93rd minute deflection, only beat Villa through their 1000th debatable penalty of the season, got battered by Brighton and nicked it with a penalty after the final whistle - fair to say things have been going their way. Slightly different fortunes and it's not an exaggeration to say they'd be where we are

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time before the season is stopped. FA Cup getting scraped has been muted.
Think they said it would have to reach 26 games not to be null and void, touch and go I'd say. A lot will depend on the next couple of weeks

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not surprising given players in London etc when not meant to be

clearly no respect

Out the Fa cup they go - and hopefully have to field weakend sides in next matches

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if they'll do a Derby and field a team of youngsters or manage to worm their way to a postponement

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Think they’ll get a postponement like city did to be on the safe side

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time that it catches up with us.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knowing Villa's gamesmanship under Deano Cheato Smitho, Grealish probably got injured in training yesterday and they want to wait till he's back before playing again.

Can we just tell them that our entire squad has Covid and all our matches need to be postponed until at least Jonny and Boly are back ? Raul, too, preferably.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think they’ll get a postponement like city did to be on the safe side
FA Cup rules say if they can field 14 players, including u23s and u18s, the game goes ahead

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
FA Cup rules say if they can field 14 players, including u23s and u18s, the game goes ahead
Didn’t apply to Man City fulham or Newcastle recently. I think common sense prevails if they have shut the training ground no one can train or prepare plus potential of infectious players infecting another club

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if it doesn`t go ahead wasn`t there something about the game being awarded to the opposition
Not sure, I heard coin toss mentioned on SSN earlier! Maybe that's if neither side can field a team. Shows how little room for manoeuvre they have with the fixtures

D

Deleted member 11332

A decent manager would have that squad challenging for stuff imo.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Dr who administered the test complained that it took twice as long than at other clubs because as soon as he touched a Villa player with a swab the player immediately threw himself on the floor clutching his leg and appealed for a free kick
You forgot the demand for a VAR review.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Dr who administered the test complained that it took twice as long than at other clubs because as soon as he touched a Villa player with a swab the player immediately threw himself on the floor clutching his leg and appealed for a free kick

Then decided to use the sonic screwdriver which revealed a GM Dalek which dangles its ray gun in front of the Drs assistant and cries Exterminate!

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score
Arsenal taken out 120mn loan today to cover cash flow to end of season. Uncertainty about the season and reduced finance probably gives some extra reason to two loan recalls this week.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t apply to Man City fulham or Newcastle recently. I think common sense prevails if they have shut the training ground no one can train or prepare plus potential of infectious players infecting another club
It's specifically FA Cup. Might change for the later rounds like the League Cup did, unsure about that

Back
Top Bottom