Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Football in general (non-Wolves)

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, they'll be four behind us!

I'm not sure tbh, they're going to have big decisions to make when the inevitable happens in a few weeks. When Europe is back there's going to be less space to reschedule. Genuinely don't know what they'll do.
With the euros in the summer they can't extend the league, I really can't see this season completing

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa games are man city spurs Newcastle and Everton

be tricky to rearrange the first two

Blast tyrant

Reaction score
They are due to play City next Wednesday I think. They should have had there 10 day clearance time by then. Not sure what happens though if they are still missing some players.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa v Everton postponed this weekend because of their Covid.
Yet they (Villa) are back in training tomorrow, two days before the game was scheduled. Really surprised they've postponed that with what is inevitably going to be crazy schedule, I'd think Everton are fuming

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see the cup and all European games being postponed, with the priority given to trying to finish the league season across all nations of Europe.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet they (Villa) are back in training tomorrow, two days before the game was scheduled. Really surprised they've postponed that with what is inevitably going to be crazy schedule, I'd think Everton are fuming
Looks from the outside that Villa are playing the system

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
I'm trying not to lose hope but things are looking bleak for us :(
I think the draw against Zob killed of their confidence. Conceding an 89th minute equaliser after playing against 10 men since the 2nd minute was a real sucker punch.

Definitely bleak

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ings tested positive for Covid too.

State of the PL atm.

It's making the whole thing meaningless and plenty of professionals and managers are becoming depressed, our own manager included.
A lot of what is happening is out of anybody's managerial control, so we are all going through the motions to keep the businesses going....nobody is enjoying this **** anymore.

I think a lot of the benefit of keeping EPL football going to give supporters something positive to cling onto in lockdown is being diminished, as the overall playing and viewing experience becomes progessively more negative for everybody involved.
I'd shut the whole lot down for 3 months and use the stadiums for vaccinations.

Kford

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
See BBC are featuring they favourite club on football focus . They seem to forget there is a BCD today .

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton reporting a £67.2m loss for the 19/20 season. Some of the numbers we're going to see in the near future as clubs report their accounts are going to be frightening

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Jesse Lingard is such a typical West Ham signing

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs had a thread on their forum, called can we win the league this season? Now the title changed to can we finish in the top half
Made me laugh
What have we changed the title of our "Are we in a title challenge?" thread to?

:frowning:

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool now not allowed to travel to Germany for the champions league game on the 16th February!!
Arsenal probably also can't travel to play Benfica in the Europa league.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was just watching some Ronaldo highlights from his time in the premier league on the BBC website.

Then started watching some other old goals from the likes of Henry, Van Nistletoj, Drogba, Overmars, Lundjberg, giggs, Yorke....even Kanchekskis on YouTube. Is it just me or is the standard of the premier league massively inferior to how it was in the late 90s and 2000s. There doesn’t seem to be so many absolute wonder players as there was.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was just watching some Ronaldo highlights from his time in the premier league on the BBC website.

Then started watching some other old goals from the likes of Henry, Van Nistletoj, Drogba, Overmars, Lundjberg, giggs, Yorke....even Kanchekskis on YouTube. Is it just me or is the standard of the premier league massively inferior to how it was in the late 90s and 2000s. There doesn’t seem to be so many absolute wonder players as there was.
Unbelievable that he's 36 today, the bloke is a machine.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perhaps or perhaps the standard of the average players is higher which makes it harder for the "stars" to shine.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do you not think that you are looking at a 20 year period and comparing it to now. Average tells you that more played over a 20 year period and it will throw up more great players than a single season or even 2/3 seasons.

For every Henry there was a Wiltord, Drogba a Mutu, Giggs a Kleberson etc.

A better comparison would be to look at an individual season then and compare it now.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s the tactics that stop the players shining these days.
All safety first, “if we lose it everyone get back behind the ball”, pass for passings sake now.
Technically the players are better than they’ve ever been but the entertainment value is awful by and large.
The boring tactics, generic grounds, modern fans with there selfies, play acting, idiotic rules, VAR all add up to making top level football pretty **** in my opinion.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the tactics that stop the players shining these days.
All safety first, “if we lose it everyone get back behind the ball”, pass for passings sake now.
Technically the players are better than they’ve ever been but the entertainment value is awful by and large.
The boring tactics, generic grounds, modern fans with there selfies, play acting, idiotic rules, VAR all add up to making top level football pretty **** in my opinion.

So true.

How few characters we have in the game as well. I put that down to the media, along with Social Media dissecting every aspect of some form of personality ever coming out from a player.

And VAR has just added to that now. No one can get away with anything. Christ, Muscat would have never completed a 90 minutes. The height of any squabble now is a square up, where any remote head contact results in a sending off after a nerd has watched it over and over again.

Talent wise, I'd argue it's as good as ever. But entertainment wise, is the total opposite. Like you say, pragmatic, safety first tactics certainly don't help.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So true.

How few characters we have in the game as well. I put that down to the media, along with Social Media dissecting every aspect of some form of personality ever coming out from a player.

And VAR has just added to that now. No one can get away with anything. Christ, Muscat would have never completed a 90 minutes. The height of any squabble now is a square up, where any remote head contact results in a sending off after a nerd has watched it over and over again.

Talent wise, I'd argue it's as good as ever. But entertainment wise, is the total opposite. Like you say, pragmatic, safety first tactics certainly don't help.
Muscat probably never should have completed 90mins truthfully. A complete and utter psycho on the field.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard to disagree. He's an extreme example. But there used to be a real ******* in most teams for the crowd to get at and vice versa. These players don't really exist anymore.
Games full of ****ing prefects

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There's a lack of expressiveness now, compared to 15, 20 years ago, certainly. Not sure quality overall has dipped.

It's why everyone went batty over Traore last year. We watch every minute so we know his flaws, but there was a time last season where he was a weekly highlights reel for fans of other clubs, a real throwback to that 2000s era of wildly skilful, expressive players.

There's definitely a decline in superstar forwards of a certain type. Kane is clinical but has the verve and personality of custard. Rashford, Salah, Sterling, all excellent, but no devil about any of them.

Maybe it's the social media age where everything gets smoothed over and there are no more edges, so it's more difficult for players to stand out.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks James Justin is out injured with an ACL injury. He had a terrific game against us the other day and had a great shot of getting in the England team for the Euros. Hopefully, he will make a similar recovery to Otto.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was very disappointed to hear that the National League North and South are to be declared null and void over funding issues.

National League season to continue but North and South divisions declared null and void https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56119952

My second team (and home town team) Gloucester City were riding high at the top of the North division and was hoping that this was finally going to be the year that they started to catch up with our near rivals Cheltenham and Forest Green

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was very disappointed to hear that the National League North and South are to be declared null and void over funding issues.

National League season to continue but North and South divisions declared null and void https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56119952

My second team (and home town team) Gloucester City were riding high at the top of the North division and was hoping that this was finally going to be the year that they started to catch up with our near rivals Cheltenham and Forest Green

I work with a Kiddy Harriers fan and he's really disappointed that it's now ended after they got off to a solid start.

Seems weird that they've chosen to end it now, when the levels below ended a few weeks back but I guess all these clubs have their breaking point. It's a shame they couldn't get some assistance to help them get through the season but I suppose if curtailing it helps a couple of clubs to stay afloat then it's worth it...probably??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom