Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Football in general (non-Wolves)

TrueWolf

Reaction score
Baggies just signed Andy Lonnergan.

Hope old chocolate wrists plays against us.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Kevin McDonald not happy that football is continuing.

5263781F-1448-4905-9189-F5223AFC16E0.jpeg

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad that the FA Cup has declined so much in standing that Aston Villa would prefer to play their tie against Liverpool with a youth team than cancel it because of a Covid outbreak in the first team.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad that the FA Cup has declined so much in standing that Aston Villa would prefer to play their tie against Liverpool with a youth team than cancel it because of a Covid outbreak in the first team.

There's a chance If they cancelled it they would forfeit the tie. May as well take a punt with the kids.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sean Dyche suggested last night that footballers should be fast tracked for the vaccine and the money that would have been spent on testing go to the NHS. Can't see that happening. The optics for football would be terrible at a time it hasn't exactly been covering itself in glory anyway

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sean Dyche suggested last night that footballers should be fast tracked for the vaccine and the money that would have been spent on testing go to the NHS. Can't see that happening. The optics for football would be terrible at a time it hasn't exactly been covering itself in glory anyway
Makes some sense to an extent, it's something I mentioned a few days ago. It would secure the league which in turn helps the survival of clubs and everything that that entails. But you look at their behaviour and you just know that once footballers are vaccinated they're off having parties and spreading the virus around by having contact with people who haven't been vaccinated

It's a nice sentiment to say the money - which isn't insignificant by any stretch - could go back to help the NHS, but while I advocated this not long back, can't help but think it would end up being a massive own goal. They're lucky enough to get regularly tested, maybe the punishments for misbehaving and breaking bubbles should be more harsh

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
They forfeit the tie if it cancelled I believe

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok so it appears the "Professional Game Board" are making the decisions on whether ties that don't happen as scheduled will go ahead at another time. Southampton v Shrewsbury is off, the board is going to decide if the tie gets played. So I assume that would be the same 'fate' for Villa should their tie not go ahead as planned

Last edited:

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes some sense to an extent, it's something I mentioned a few days ago. It would secure the league which in turn helps the survival of clubs and everything that that entails. But you look at their behaviour and you just know that once footballers are vaccinated they're off having parties and spreading the virus around by having contact with people who haven't been vaccinated

It's a nice sentiment to say the money - which isn't insignificant by any stretch - could go back to help the NHS, but while I advocated this not long back, can't help but think it would end up being a massive own goal. They're lucky enough to get regularly tested, maybe the punishments for misbehaving and breaking bubbles should be more harsh
Problem is as well that once you do it for football you then have to do it for Rugby and Cricket as well. Then what about professional golfers, tennis players etc who's livelihoods depend on prize money. How can footballers who get paid full wage no matter what be ahead of them? You'd end up having to divert vaccines to all professional sportsmen. Then actors, musicians, politicians...

where would it end?

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe players that break covid lockdown rules, could be encouraged to donate 50% of their wages to the NHS

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only way the clubs would take notice is if the player was banned for 3-5 games. Money is immaterial to players and clubs but imagine if Greasy or Harry Kane was now banned for 5 games for breaking lockdown rules. You can bet the clubs would take notice then

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score

2 match automatic ban for any player breaching the rules. That should ensure clubs control their players better and adopts a consistent approach.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players are banned in Scotland for breaking the rules.

Bolingoli of Celtic got a five-game ban I think, Aberdeen's eight players were given suspended bans. Then, after the publicity that brought, the Rangers two got seven games bans for breaking the rules more recently!!

Exactly how it should be.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bolingoli of Celtic got a five-game ban I think, Aberdeen's eight players were given suspended bans. Then, after the publicity that brought, the Rangers two got seven games bans for breaking the rules more recently!!

Agreed

there is literally no excuse for players getting covid with the money at their disposal

fixtures should be fulfilled no matter who has covid

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a chance If they cancelled it they would forfeit the tie. May as well take a punt with the kids.
Payback for last season when they played the Dippers U10s in the League Cup because the big boys were away on serious business....

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Problem is as well that once you do it for football you then have to do it for Rugby and Cricket as well. Then what about professional golfers, tennis players etc who's livelihoods depend on prize money. How can footballers who get paid full wage no matter what be ahead of them? You'd end up having to divert vaccines to all professional sportsmen. Then actors, musicians, politicians...

where would it end?
with me last in the queue.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mourino angry at villa game being postponed and rightly so

why should his squad with no cases be punished later in season with a backlog of fixtures

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jesus.

This season is looking shaky.

Given the current situation, I cannot see any ways that elite sports can continue. Let's get things in perspective, and get things back in control. Personally I would suspend elite sport for at least two weeks, probably more. I don't expect many people to agree with me, but getting the vaccine distributed as quickly as possible must be the priority. That in turn will start to control the virus. Sport must take a back seat for a while.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mourino angry at villa game being postponed and rightly so

why should his squad with no cases be punished later in season with a backlog of fixtures
Why should Spurs get to play an under 18s Villa line up while we had to play them at full strength?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed

there is literally no excuse for players getting covid with the money at their disposal

fixtures should be fulfilled no matter who has covid
That's actually unfair unless you lock up all of their families too.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why should Spurs get to play an under 18s Villa line up while we had to play them at full strength?
The converse argument. In the league it doesn't only impact on teams directly involved in a particular fixture.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

PL issued a statement this afternoon, seems as if they're going to take a much harder line on it than they have been (which is basically none). Said that clubs need to punish transgressors and that they (PL) might punish clubs

No more details than that from what I picked up but maybe sides that have to cancel games because players have broken bubbles will end up forfeiting those games

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair point

I Just don’t see how the season can fairly accommodate the level of postponements that may be forthcoming before the euros

IMO just sack off the euros . No chance mind

D

Deleted member 9788

Anyone follow any other teams as a second team or just out of interest? My second team Machine Sazi are doing terrible this season and just lost 1 nil again. Firmly rooted to the bottom of the table

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone follow any other teams as a second team or just out of interest? My second team Machine Sazi are doing terrible this season and just lost 1 nil again. Firmly rooted to the bottom of the table
My second team are my original home town team of Gloucester City. Currently top of National League North, came from 2-0 down to beat kiddy harriers in a top of the table clash yesterday. Knowing their luck this season will be voided to deny them promotion!

Back
Top Bottom