Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

First team training

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Find it amazing how much traore runs in training . Why’s he so lazy in matches

perhaps now worried about the returning hazard

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore always looks a different player in those videos. Looks a real player tbf.

Good to see podence back...wonder how Marcal is doing

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyable watch.

Genuine question: what is 'contact training?' is Raul still not doing it?
Raul looks pretty involved there I would guess he's doing everything other than a heading the ball now.
I noticed when they were indoors, Raul was the only one not touching the light on the floor after their short burst. He only uses his foot .....others use their hands.
He avoided this 3 times. Do they not like him bending down? Pressure on the head?

edit....this is incorrect...VW

Last edited:

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore always looks a different player in those videos. Looks a real player tbf.

Good to see podence back...wonder how Marcal is doing
Probably why we haven't sold him, if you're seeing that everyday in training you probably think that sooner or later he's going to start doing it in games

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed when they were indoors, Raul was the only one not touching the light on the floor after their short burst. He only uses his foot .....others use their hands.
He avoided this 3 times. Do they not like him bending down? Pressure on the head?

There were plenty others not using their hands & just their feet too.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it's to do with the colour of the light. Blue or green, hand or foot.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean there were some pretty physical parts of that game session where Raul was involved...
That is light training..... as i said in my post, there will be some contact, but it is conditioned to not be full on with intensity and accidents and bigger bumps will happen, but the managed environment is safer for him at this stage.

That isn’t that physical a session for a professional footballer, that is a light contact session.
Which is a step up from the non-contact he had been doing to date.

Last edited:

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think one of these accidents was what happened to Don Goodman.

I heard him talking after Raul's injury and he said he came back to training but wasn't allowed to head the ball. But the first time he stepped in to one of these 5 on 5 match situations the ball shot at pace off someone's knee and hit him in exactly the same spot of his fracture.

He said he went down and everything went silent but he just got up laughing his *******s off cause at that moment he knew he was going to be ok to return.
That was a great interview for people to listen to.

Raul has done bloody well to come to the stage of light contact training as quickly as he has done.

it will be great to see him growing in confidence, but you can see from the smiles out there in a fast and tiring drill for someone lacking top conditioning he is well on the road to full fitness and confidence in himself and what he can do.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were plenty others not using their hands & just their feet too.
You’re right.....went back and rewatched it.
There 2 sections..... Raul is only in the second one .But he never bends down.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is light training..... as i said in my post, there will be some contact, but it is conditioned to not be full on with intensity and accidents and bigger bumps will happen, but the managed environment is safer for him at this stage.

That isn’t that physical a session for a professional footballer, that is a light contact session.
Which is a step up from the non-contact he had been doing to date.

Involved in the "bigger" game towards the end too, which looked pretty physical from some of the challenges/blocks going in.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cundle looked pretty good in the highlights too. He has had a good season for the u23's and it sounds like he, Lonwijk, Richards and Marques were missed today.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cundle looked pretty good in the highlights too. He has had a good season for the u23's and it sounds like he, Lonwijk, Richards and Marques were missed today.
If those three lads you named last mate keep developing like they are at the minute and we have some very good players for the future!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If those three lads you named last mate keep developing like they are at the minute and we have some very good players for the future!

Yep mate. Cundle has impressed me whenever I have seen him, in midfield, for the u23's this season. Richards, Lonwijk and Marques all look very good talents for centre back.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep mate. Cundle has impressed me whenever I have seen him, in midfield, for the u23's this season. Richards, Lonwijk and Marques all look very good talents for centre back.
I've wondered if Marques might get sent back to grasshoppers at some point especially if they get promoted as a way to get mens football for him. He's the u23 I see as a most likely future first teamer but maybe a little young at the moment for a CB.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've wondered if Marques might get sent back to grasshoppers at some point especially if they get promoted as a way to get mens football for him. He's the u23 I see as a most likely future first teamer but maybe a little young at the moment for a CB.

I'm not sure whether he will be sent out on loan yet. I could see him being one of those rare exceptions that ends up going straight into our first team squad if he keeps progressing. Nuno clearly rates him really highly.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether he will be sent out on loan yet. I could see him being one of those rare exceptions that ends up going straight into our first team squad if he keeps progressing. Nuno clearly rates him really highly.

I'd be good with that but he is still just 18 and only has been for a few months. Can't really see him thrown into the first team without mens football experience CB is a tough role to come in as a youngster as you can't really just get cameo minutes like most other positions. Nuno isn't generally the type to send players on loan who he plans to integrate though but it might be beneficial.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder whether training sessions are altered when Raul is involved. Or are there different routines for different days of the week.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably why we haven't sold him, if you're seeing that everyday in training you probably think that sooner or later he's going to start doing it in games
Or maybe other teams see him in matches and think twice about the 50m price tag! (Instead of his highlights reel)

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe other teams see him in matches and think twice about the 50m price tag! (Instead of his highlights reel)
But the reason the price tag is 50 million is because of what they see in training

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No use to us being class in training is it. Used to play with a lad who looked like Messi in training but every Saturday was absolutely useless because he had no bottle. No good to anyone.

Fair point. I remember reading that Corica looked amazing in training yet in reality look what happened when he played for us on matchday.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes looking forward to seeing what ****le and Lonwijk can do

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any ideas who this is?

Nuno has revealed an unnamed Wolves player is currently in self-isolation after being notified that somebody else on a flight he was on had tested positive for Covid-19.

“He travelled on the 24th, joined us to train on the 26th, three days after he got a message from UK Government telling him there was a positive case of Covid-19 on his flight,” explained Nuno.

"He had to isolate until April 4, but he worked with us between the 26th and the 29th.

“So, the question is, does it make sense? Fly on 24, join on 26, gets information on 29 and now he has to isolate until April 4.

“He has had two negative tests since (his return).

“If we played West Ham on Sunday no, but because we play on Monday, he’s still an an option.

“But he doesn’t have the preparation with the team, and it still can happen to anybody that has travelled."

So someone is a doubt for West Ham.

Haven't watched the video, which of the non-internationals are not there?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any ideas who this is?

Nuno has revealed an unnamed Wolves player is currently in self-isolation after being notified that somebody else on a flight he was on had tested positive for Covid-19.

“He travelled on the 24th, joined us to train on the 26th, three days after he got a message from UK Government telling him there was a positive case of Covid-19 on his flight,” explained Nuno.

"He had to isolate until April 4, but he worked with us between the 26th and the 29th.

“So, the question is, does it make sense? Fly on 24, join on 26, gets information on 29 and now he has to isolate until April 4.

“If we played West Ham on Sunday no, but because we play on Monday, he’s still an an option.

“But he doesn’t have the preparation with the team, and it still can happen to anybody that has travelled."

Marcal only one I can think of but could still be injured.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any ideas who this is?

Cant say I saw Boly, but would have to watch again.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No use to us being class in training is it. Used to play with a lad who looked like Messi in training but every Saturday was absolutely useless because he had no bottle. No good to anyone.

I was the same , superstar in training but come to a match nerves got the better of me and I'd turn into a donkey, hoofing it everytime the ball came to me.:relieved::relaxed:

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
could be sondergaard as you can fly to denmark with a negative covid test.and he wasn`t at training
where`s sherlock holmes when you need him

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any ideas who this is?

Don’t think I saw Boly?

Back
Top Bottom