Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

First team training

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Neto fast becoming the key man at Wolves looking at the latest training video. He seems to be the life and soul of the party. Love his confidence. Also liked seeing Otasowie and Silva practising their shooting. Nuno seemed to be having a good chat with MGW as well.
Agreed. He's got the ability but also the confidence, attitude, work effort and desire to be the best. At the same time he seems well grounded and doesn't take himself too seriously, with a good sense of humour. I think he's going to be a world class superstar. Jota was and is a great player. Neto is already at least at his level and will climb higher.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes as above, my friends in Holland rate him.
Encouraging to see him joining first team training. Won’t read too much into it as we know Nuno puts the young players in regularly but when you think how quickly Kilman established himself, it’s great that they can see that “pathway”.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching Saiss makes me smile. He seems to be the joker in the pack.

Once of these days I full expect a training video to emerge where they haven't fully muted the audio and you hear Coady say to one of the youngsters about Saiss - "Ignore him, he's a ****house" :tearsofjoy:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luke Cundle seems to be training quite a bit with the first team now.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the youngsters want to learn and improve, they should be soaking up the things they see in training like a sponge. They have some of the best in World football to learn from. If you mix with mediocrity you become mediocre.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pascal Estrada now training regularly with the first team if the last few weeks are anything to go by. He will probably be on the bench tomorrow. Can play central midfield or central defence. Looks like Nuno has seen something he likes in him.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see this. Notice right at the beginning they practice taking the knee :)

Good to see them out in the sun.....it’s got to help with their spirits. They must miss the sun from home.
I always think Nuno feels the cold more than most.....he’s usually bundled up more than others. Maybe the English covid no family winter was getting to him.

D

Deleted member 11332

Great to see this. Notice right at the beginning they practice taking the knee :)

Good to see them out in the sun.....it’s got to help with their spirits. They must miss the sun from home.
I always think Nuno feels the cold more than most.....he’s usually bundled up more than others. Maybe the English covid no family winter was getting to him.

Joking ay ya. Absolutely ****ed down for 5 days straight when we were in Porto/Braga.

gewolf

Reaction score

Don't forget he is only standing, talking, analyzing and watching rather than running about..... and he's the oldest :D

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds sad but I always look forward to the training videos on a Friday or Thursday.
Not sad! I used to love going to watch them train!

I remember when I was the only non-Wolves person there once and thinking 'of the 25 people on this 100 square meter area, 24 are millionaires. Why the bloody hell do I have to be the odd one out!'

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't forget he is only standing, talking, analyzing and watching rather than running about..... and he's the oldest :D
Fair comment but I was talking about other managers at games as well.Everyone has different metabolisms.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sondergaard is a lucky lad to have worked with rui and ruddy the last few years!!

he looks like he could do very well if he gets a senior loan next season.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Enjoyable watch.

Genuine question: what is 'contact training?' is Raul still not doing it?
That looked like full contact training to me.

I would say training with the team rather than individually and joining in when they play against each other is contact training

Last edited:

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyable watch.

Genuine question: what is 'contact training?' is Raul still not doing it?
It means he will do most training, even light team based drills like in the video, where it is more around interceptions/sticking a foot in to get the ball.

but he won’t do sessions or drills where it is more physical or real game related pace/intensity with full physical challenges to gain/retain possession where his head could take an unnecessary knock at force before he is ready.

Accidents can happen in the semi live drills, but it is a far more controlled and risk reduced environment to get him fitness, sharpness and physical confidence in his own time.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
It means he will do most training, even light team based drills like in the video, where it is more around interceptions/sticking a foot in to get the ball.

but he won’t do sessions or drills where it is more physical or real game related pace/intensity with full physical challenges to gain/retain possession where his head could take an unnecessary knock at force before he is ready.

Accidents can happen in the semi live drills, but it is a far more controlled and risk reduced environment to get him fitness, sharpness and physical confidence in his own time.
I think one of these accidents was what happened to Don Goodman.

I heard him talking after Raul's injury and he said he came back to training but wasn't allowed to head the ball. But the first time he stepped in to one of these 5 on 5 match situations the ball shot at pace off someone's knee and hit him in exactly the same spot of his fracture.

He said he went down and everything went silent but he just got up laughing his *******s off cause at that moment he knew he was going to be ok to return.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I mean there were some pretty physical parts of that game session where Raul was involved...

Back
Top Bottom