Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

First team training

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First team training just put up on you tube from today. Interestingly no Gibbs White. Otasowie back in training and Jonny joined in as well. Still no sign of Podence and Marcal. Their injuries are dragging on a bit now. Great to see Jonny out there. I would start Otasowie at Chorley.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
First team training just put up on you tube from today. Interestingly no Gibbs White. Otasowie back in training and Jonny joined in as well. Still no sign of Podence and Marcal. Their injuries are dragging on a bit now. Great to see Jonny out there. I would start Otasowie at Chorley.
I think a pic was posted of Podence training the other day? And agreed. Big plus having Jonny back in the squad.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think mgw is being loaned out again?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure but very telling there was no sign of him in the latest training video. You wonder what is going on here.

Gibbs-White and his other half Britney have been talking a lot about their situation on social media.

Mentions of being called back here from Swansea with no notice, sleeping on a mattress, etc.

They have both also been liking a lot of messages from Swansea fans saying stuff like they will be welcomed back with open arms, as well as lots of messages from Wolves fans telling them to ignore the criticism.

When people are as active on social media as they both are, they will see all of the criticism.

On top of the lockdown, not being able to see family or friends and not having your home comforts around you, I would imagine it’s a very stressful situation.

People (me included!), can sometimes very easily criticise footballers without considering the human aspect.

They are young, they won’t necessarily know to just ignore the noise yet.

I hope Morgan is OK and his absence from training is just something trivial (like finding a house for example).

But it could easily be because he may not want to be here and might be pushing to go back to Swansea. And to be honest, I wouldn’t blame him!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gibbs-White and his other half Britney have been talking a lot about their situation on social media.

Mentions of being called back here from Swansea with no notice, sleeping on a mattress, etc.

They have both also been liking a lot of messages from Swansea fans saying stuff like they will be welcomed back with open arms, as well as lots of messages from Wolves fans telling them to ignore the criticism.

When people are as active on social media as they both are, they will see all of the criticism.

On top of the lockdown, not being able to see family or friends and not having your home comforts around you, I would imagine it’s a very stressful situation.

People (me included!), can sometimes very easily criticise footballers without considering the human aspect.

They are young, they won’t necessarily know to just ignore the noise yet.

I hope Morgan is OK and his absence from training is just something trivial (like finding a house for example).

But it could easily be because he may not want to be here and might be pushing to go back to Swansea. And to be honest, I wouldn’t blame him!
I appreciate that he's young, but he's also bloody incredibly privileged and yet still whinges. If you slag off your boss on social media in many (most?) jobs then you are quite likely, regardless of your age, to find yourself dismissed for gross misconduct. Nuno gave him a second chance, despite many Wolves fans saying get rid, after the summer party debacle. There is no trace of any gratitude on MGW's part, in fact far from it.....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I appreciate that he's young, but he's also bloody incredibly privileged and yet still whinges. If you slag off your boss on social media in many (most?) jobs then you are quite likely, regardless of your age, to find yourself dismissed for gross misconduct. Nuno gave him a second chance, despite many Wolves fans saying get rid, after the summer party debacle. There is no trace of any gratitude on MGW's part, in fact far from it.....
He will never learn I don’t think he’s one of them. A fool to himself. No doubt he is good in training and a good lad there but it’s what he does outside of that and on the pitch that people also notice. He’s meant to be a role model to our kids start @&£;)/“*+ acting like it

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, he is privileged to be earning what he earns at his age and also to be doing what he loves for a career. But circumstances don't always mean you are immune to other pressures.

And I said on another thread about how 'liking' a comment cannot be treated in the same way as if you have penned/typed/spoken that criticism yourself. There's so many circumstances that would lead to people liking a comment on Social Media. Legally, I don't think any court in the land would uphold a gross misconduct dismissal based on liking a comment.

The issue for me at the moment is that some of the criticism levied at him is unfair. It has become more personal than to do with his performances now. Nuno may very well have given him a second chance, but a lot of fans haven't.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's bang average on a football pitch... His social media antics. That's enough for me.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks a glum place to be at the moment. Need a few wins to get the smiles back at least.
They are a bit damned if they do and damned if they dont with this though. Im sure if they were all laughing and joking some herberts on here would be foaming at the mouth that they didnt care and should still be hurting from the weekend.

Youre 100% right though, they need a few wins to lift the gloom.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's bang average on a football pitch... His social media antics. That's enough for me.
He'll probably go to somewhere like Bournemouth and shine. He's destined to be Mark Davies 2.0.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
A far cry from the 80’s.
All with the same kit,plenty of coaches ,loads of foreign accents and pristine pitches .
As opposed to a hotch potch of training gear ,dodging the pot holes on the North Bank car park and hearing ‘Bully and Thommo yow gorra shove that VW Beetle and move it behind that Metro before we can get gooin’

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A far cry from the 80’s.
All with the same kit,plenty of coaches ,loads of foreign accents and pristine pitches .
As opposed to a hotch potch of training gear ,dodging the pot holes on the North Bank car park and hearing ‘Bully and Thommo yow gorra shove that VW Beetle and move it behind that Metro before we can get gooin’
Quite correct. But somehow football up to our modern era seemed more fun and relevant (to me at least).

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
I was thinking that, even Coady seemed subdued.
Following the last defeat Nuno probably told them to get their act together, game faces on and get back to winning games.
No time for laughing and cracking jokes half the season has gone and we are no means safe yet!

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, Morgan has had a chance to come back and show he has grown.

He clearly hasn't. He was absolutely woeful, in the most forced use of the term, against Albion and against Everton came on, did some running, but also gave the ball away a lot.

His behaviour on social media is very similar to another player who has disappeared of the face of the earth - Jessie Lingard.

Lingard had all that clothing brand stuff and posted a load of videos of him doing that daft JL celebration, but clearly wasn't putting the work in - now he's on his way out of Old Trafford.

I fear Morgan is just throwing his career away and whilst it isn't the only factor, the reality is his presence and attitude has noticeably changed since his Social Influencer girlfriend arrived. I'm sure she's lovely and sure they're very happy, which is great, but if there's any chance she is influencing him, then it's best for everyone that he moves on.

Yes, I'm sure he didn't want to come back from Swansea and yes I'm sure not having a proper place to sleep etc (if that's true) is having an effect - but you do what other pro's would do - you get on with it and it makes you tougher and better for the experience. You don't go on Twitter liking tweets inferring that you're being mismanaged.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will never learn I don’t think he’s one of them. A fool to himself. No doubt he is good in training and a good lad there but it’s what he does outside of that and on the pitch that people also notice. He’s meant to be a role model to our kids start @&£;)/“*+ acting like it
Don't buy the role model bit tbh, since when did footballers have to replace parents?

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For me, Morgan has had a chance to come back and show he has grown.

He clearly hasn't. He was absolutely woeful, in the most forced use of the term, against Albion and against Everton came on, did some running, but also gave the ball away a lot.

His behaviour on social media is very similar to another player who has disappeared of the face of the earth - Jessie Lingard.

Lingard had all that clothing brand stuff and posted a load of videos of him doing that daft JL celebration, but clearly wasn't putting the work in - now he's on his way out of Old Trafford.

I fear Morgan is just throwing his career away and whilst it isn't the only factor, the reality is his presence and attitude has noticeably changed since his Social Influencer girlfriend arrived. I'm sure she's lovely and sure they're very happy, which is great, but if there's any chance she is influencing him, then it's best for everyone that he moves on.

Yes, I'm sure he didn't want to come back from Swansea and yes I'm sure not having a proper place to sleep etc (if that's true) is having an effect - but you do what other pro's would do - you get on with it and it makes you tougher and better for the experience. You don't go on Twitter liking tweets inferring that you're being mismanaged.
She'll soon be gone when he's playing for Doncaster...No disrespect Don's ;)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly no Podence there and none of Saiss, Ait Nouri or Marcal. Anyone know what has happened to Taylor Perry? Has been training with the first team quite regularly from what I have seen but no sign of him on this vid and he didnt play in the u23's last game. He isnt out on loan either. I presume he is injured? I know Marques is injured but heard nothing on Perry.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pre Leeds...
Great to see the lads relaxed and lighthearted.

Anybody know what a typical week is like for them. How much physical training do they do and I presume at other times they all watch game videos.
You think they’re at Compton every day, all day or just half days?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see the lads relaxed and lighthearted.

Anybody know what a typical week is like for them. How much physical training do they do and I presume at other times they all watch game videos.
You think they’re at Compton every day, all day or just half days?
I suspect it depends on the game pattern and squad fitness levels i.e. when we were playing two games a week and had loads of injuries l suspect that the training burden was a lot lower for the fit guys.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto fast becoming the key man at Wolves looking at the latest training video. He seems to be the life and soul of the party. Love his confidence. Also liked seeing Otasowie and Silva practising their shooting. Nuno seemed to be having a good chat with MGW as well.

Back
Top Bottom