Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fire Drill

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I personally think the South Bank needs the away fans near them to bounce off... since they've been moved I think SB has been quieter....
I agree. The whole ground needs away fans

W

wolvesultra

I personally think the South Bank needs the away fans near them to bounce off... since they've been moved I think SB has been quieter....

I think it was getting worse anyway but this definitely plays a part. Problem is we also need as many home seats as possible.

W

wolvesultra

Or just accept like all other clubs modern days success results in such things as waves of fans leaving early and **** atmospheres.

Sad but true

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe when the new Steve bull is built away fans can be put high up but closer to Southbank? but saying that NB is louder now with the banta off of the away fans... tough one.

D

Deleted member 3573J

It's like going on a dream holiday for a fortnight but coming home after 10 days. This is the team of most of our lifetimes, we should be savouring every second of it and it's an absolute pleasure to clap them off the pitch after the years and years of mainly utter rubbish. The hardest working Wolves team I've seen and easily the most talented, make the most of it instead of worrying about beating the queues, so you got home half an hour earlier? And what? What you going to do, have a cuppa tea before bed while you catch up with the propaganda news?

Last edited by a moderator:

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it’s because they’ve got nothing to stay and boo at the end

R1ch

Reaction score
Posted it in another thread, but contrast the North Bank to the Steve Bull.

Sure people leave early on all sides, but there’s a real problem/culture of it in the NB.

It’s disrespectful towards the players imo

FeZYwPW.jpg

I was sat in the far corner next to the NB in the SB upper and i didnt notice it until I saw this photo, quite shockingly poor. Cant say we ever have a problem getting home afterwards

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And we wonder why a lot of other team's fans say Wolves support (in general) is bad. If they can't stay to cheer on THIS team no wonder the players hate playing at home when we are doing bad.

S

ShropshireLad

And we wonder why a lot of other team's fans say Wolves support (in general) is bad. If they can't stay to cheer on THIS team no wonder the players hate playing at home when we are doing bad.
I'm beginning to think that it has something to do with the post-match parking chaos. However, we need reps from the club to undertake a survey about it but it'll have to be short as folk want to be off pdq, it seems.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Re the volume, Nuno dropped a ******* by insisting that away fans are put in the upper quadrant. They need to be as near to the South Bank as possible to get the banter going. It's terrible without them there to goad.

Two things here. I'd be surprised if Nuno is deciding where to locate the away fans and if they had been in the Steve Bull lower there would have been Wolves fans unable to get in.

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that it has something to do with the post-match parking chaos. However, we need reps from the club to undertake a survey about it but it'll have to be short as folk want to be off pdq, it seems.

what chaos?

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I park in town and its a hell of a lot easier to get away on a night match than a Saturday

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say the Steve Bull upper when full is a lot worse, but lets not make it into a stand v stand thing it happens all over (it is for some reason more noticeable in the Northbank but I honestly think that maybe something to do with the longer seats)

This.

Whilst my initial post was a sly jokey dig at the north bank, this happens in every stand. Plenty left my me in the Steve Bull and I saw plenty going in the south bank too.

Strange thing is, we looked like scoring another goal with 10 mins to go!

Monswolf

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have a lift tonight so was at the end but usually I'm on the train and night games I have to leave early, not going to start missing my last train home because some superfan thinks I should stay till the end and clap the players off.
And that’s fare enough mate don’t think anyone on this board would expect anyone to miss a train home after an evening game. I just think people are commenting on the fact that it looked like 70% of the NB had left early

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Folk haven't been able to exit the cat park readily. Some have actually been locked in for over half an hour at times. I don't know what the situation is now but my cousin's neighbour was locked in for an hour one day.

Meow. Have they not got a scratching post in there to entertain them?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

could be due to location of stands more of those in North bank than other stands have tended to use the car parks /roads that now have restrictions. does seem strange that there should be such a seemingly large difference in the numbers leaving early from different stands. Probably going to be more noticeable on evening games as more people likely to need to make a quick exit to get to trains get home at a reasonable hour as work next day etc which isn't so much of an issue on a Saturday afternoon

S

ShropshireLad

could be due to location of stands more of those in North bank than other stands have tended to use the car parks /roads that now have restrictions. does seem strange that there should be such a seemingly large difference in the numbers leaving early from different stands. Probably going to be more noticeable on evening games as more people likely to need to make a quick exit to get to trains get home at a reasonable hour as work next day etc which isn't so much of an issue on a Saturday afternoon
You make a good point and the club needs to monitor the reasons why from those that leave early...if they can catch them.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well I’m a STH in NL3 and from sitting in there it didn’t seem that bad. Looking at the picture I think it’s embarrassing.

No point in giving excuses such as trains and car parks being closed for a period after the end. I can’t see that it would account for how empty it looked.

I stay until the players walk off the pitch as I always have done and im now with my 8 year old daughter.

I’d love to understand why there is such an exodus

G

Guido Fawkes

Not sure even turning the TV's off will do much good. Had to go for a piddle round the 40th minute last night, hundreds of people in the South Bank concourse having a drink and the TV's weren't even on so they couldn't watch the match. Bit of shame that so many people are desperate for a bottle of beer and are willing to miss the match for it

K

Kingswinford Wolf

And where were they when we were **** eh ???

I was in the South Bank for approx 15 years. Had a couple of years off due to working away and 2 babies and now I'm in The Steve Bull upper because low and behold you can no longer get in the South Bank. 25% of the South Bank are new season ticket holders so find it a bit embarrassing but funny all the same. Can see J9 and J10 getting louder and louder as more young lads come through that can't get in the South Bank.

One thing I'll say despite still loving the South Bank is if the top corner near the Steve Bull aren't singing it just isn't the same. Felt that whilst I was still in there and my bro and nephew come out after every game saying the same thing with them sat in the middle.

R

reanswolf

Not sure even turning the TV's off will do much good. Had to go for a piddle round the 40th minute last night, hundreds of people in the South Bank concourse having a drink and the TV's weren't even on so they couldn't watch the match. Bit of shame that so many people are desperate for a bottle of beer and are willing to miss the match for it
I agree, always be some like that. First half was a bit flat tho despite 3-4 good chances, but it’s the old issue of whether fans should inspire the team or vice versa.

I think it’s a bit of both, and yesterday the players succeeded where the fans generally failed.

Big improvement needed for Forest. I’m sure it will be better.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
yeah but that's before halftime and they want a pint before the masses come in. I think turning them off once second half starts would encourage people to stay in seats until at least the near end of the game as they wont be able to stand inside and watch it.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Steady on! Most opposition fans I know admire our support

It's not ideal and does annoy me, but I think we'll come through it. Man City have similar issue!

E

Edgmond Wolf

I would confirm that has had an effect on me
I have had a car park place in a locked compound for 5 years
This year the compound remains locked for 40 minutes after the final whistle.......
I now use the train :D

M

Mr Wolf

I think @Finch3d could be onto something, with the concourse space & dozens of TV’s it probably is fans going back under the concourse standing near the exits & watching the last 5 mins plus injury on TV then running out as soon as the whistle goes.

You could argue some have a better view that way when attacking the South Bank but it’s not right for me.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I agree, always be some like that. First half was a bit flat tho despite 3-4 good chances, but it’s the old issue of whether fans should inspire the team or vice versa.

I think it’s a bit of both, and yesterday the players succeeded where the fans generally failed.

Big improvement needed for Forest. I’m sure it will be better.
I have again LOST my voice
Not sure I can do better

OJtonner90

Reaction score
I was in the Billy Wright last night and it looked bad from there. But I can't help but feel it doesn't help that the stand doesn't actually protect from the rain!! It's a bit of a nightmare really

D

Deleted member 3604

I was in the South Bank for approx 15 years. Had a couple of years off due to working away and 2 babies and now I'm in The Steve Bull upper because low and behold you can no longer get in the South Bank. 25% of the South Bank are new season ticket holders so find it a bit embarrassing but funny all the same. Can see J9 and J10 getting louder and louder as more young lads come through that can't get in the South Bank.

One thing I'll say despite still loving the South Bank is if the top corner near the Steve Bull aren't singing it just isn't the same. Felt that whilst I was still in there and my bro and nephew come out after every game saying the same thing with them sat in the middle.

I know a few in the same situation. It just made me chuckle when the South Bank sang it at the Steve Bull ...

D

Deleted member 4594

I was more concerned about the lack of noise until the second half, and even then it was poor. Molineux, with its wide open spaces, eats up and spits out what little noise is generated, unlike those stand-hugging grounds.

Unfortunately, the fans seem relaxed, expecting a win. And I know the style is not exactly conducive to good atmosphere, first half it seemed like a counter attacking game, whilst Cav changed it totally and we began to attack more.

I think some complacency is inevitable with the current form though. But come on, we need better vocal support, and a lot of us in the South Bank clapped the Steve Bull for leading the vocal support.

Regards the leaving early, I will forgive fans on an evening game, but perhaps we can all have a think about this if we are doing it. And altho I try to sing support I did leave early last night as I didn't want my son getting home too late. Hands up I admit that.

Apologies to the team, and to Nuno. I will rethink and provide better support in future.
I don't think this thread was started to be personal mate. Some folks have good reason to leave early and getting kids home for school at a decent time makes sense.
I just think it's amazing how many people in the north bank go early. Iv never been to an away ground where the home team have been winning well and an end has been 3/4 empty at the whistle. It really looks poor to be honest.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I guess you wouldnt have to turn them off just cut the live feed, as people like to look at other results as they queue for the stairs :) maybe put SSNews on or something.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It's not ideal and does annoy me, but I think we'll come through it. Man City have similar issue!

I don't think this thread was started to be personal mate. Some folks have good reason to leave early and getting kids home for school at a decent time makes sense.
I just think it's amazing how many people in the north bank go early. Iv never been to an away ground where the home team have been winning well and an end has been 3/4 empty at the whistle. It really looks poor to be honest.

Actually watching MOTD when I got back it looked like Man City had a similar issue with a very empty ground towards the end of the match.

Defo should not have concourse screens on at the end of the match, as even without Wolves related content, you're going to get some that will cause a blockage by watching what's on them.

E

Edgmond Wolf

This in Spades
BUT It ay the REAL Home end :)

W

wolvesultra

Man City aren't someone to admire for fan support though are they. Man City for me should act as an obvious warning on how plastic and poor for atmosphere it can become with success on the pitch

If we're heading down that route already god help us when Nuno has us in Europe. It'll be selfie sticks and facepaint all over the shop!

W

wolvesultra

This is spot on and that's why found/find the southbank singing 'where were you when we were ****' pathetic. Maybe those in J9 / J10 should respond with a chant of 'in your seat'.

D

Deleted member 3604

Yes, might be interesting when there is 50k. They'll be leaving at HT when we start playing Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Back
Top Bottom