Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fans of other clubs in W-ton

Sideshow Bob

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve seen quite a few people who I went to school with who “used to support Manchester United” around the time the class of ‘92 were at their prime now at Molineux in their new Wolves tops.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Not so much Utd it is all the spoons that follow Liverpool with their horrible tops spoiling our fine city!

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My view is that you pick your team based on the following:
1) Town/city of birth.
2) Parent's town/city of birth.
3) Where you live or have lived , obviously not changing teams, once you have chosen one.
Picking a team based on success only, classifies you as a glory hunter, to be looked down upon by all true football fans, who picked their team based on above. Picking 50s Wolves, 70s Liverpool, 90s Manure, Chelsea and City now makes you a glory hunter. Even worse, is a glory hunter who changes his team to follow success. Oh god, I think I am a glory hunter, having picked Wolves over Bilston Town. I'll get my coat!

Last edited:

wulfie88

Reaction score
Some years ago I was driving through Wolverhampton and spotted a middle aged bloke walking along in his Man United shirt. I wound down the window and shouted '******" , as you do. And he gave me the V sign. Unfortunately I had my wife and kids in the car with me and they kept shouting the word ****** for the rest of the journey. Much to my wife's displeasure. Anyway, fast forward a couple of decades and I 'm in the local Tesco , with the same wife. Coming towards us is a middle aged bloke and his wife, and he is in a Man united shirt. My wife grabs my arm and says "Don't you dare say anything to that man" ! Talk about a good memory. But it was so tempting.

M

merseawolf

Isnt supporting your football team about representing where you are from?
Living in a town and representing anothet seems weird.
I was born in Wolverhampton lived here all my life apart from 2 years in Manchester for work. It just aint Wolverhampton.
Listen to Laurie talking about growing the brand. You local based fans need to embrace the change

E

E is for idiot.

I know several Arsenal fans like that bloke at my work. They drive me bloody nuts. I literally hate talking to them about football. Some will still regularly say to me things like 'I reckon Wolves have a decent chance of staying up this year'? Completely clueless.

I know plenty of folks from back in the day that are now Wolves fans, but ripped the **** out of us at school. I'm just glad they've finally seen the light.

I used to work in a school and the amount of kids who were glory hunters was insane. My test was always the same, if they could name more of their players than I could then I would talk about football with them. The number of these kids that couldn't even name 5 of their own players was incredible.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have sympathy with the OP, I detest seeing all these glory-hunting Manure fans. Although they are on the decline a bit, my son told me the local Bilbrook Juniors team only managed to put out 9 lads when we played Burnley cos the kids preferred to go to the match. That's unheard of with them, not to put a full team out.

I tend to think its the uneducated, unprincipled, or the unwashed who strut around in those horrible 'Chevrolet-sponsored tops. Personally, I just don't get how someone living in this great town could possibly support anyone but Wolves, its abhorrent, but of course its a free country. This happens sadly, in all towns. We do need a sustained period of premiership football to change these easily-influenced kids . Having said that, we getting over 30,000 every week so its clearly turning.

It always gets muddled when out-of-town Wolves fans feel this argument is aimed at them - I assure you its not, you've hopefully supported the team through thick and thin, that is not glory-hunting!! If I see a fan of someone like Brighton or Stoke in Wolverhampton, they may still be ****s but I don't detest them like I do all these Manure fans who for me are just spineless, glory-hunting low-lifes who generally lack any personality, individuality, or character.
Lets make this clear - no problem with local Manchester-area Manure fans (still prefer City by miles tho), and certainly no problem with 'our' out-of-town fans, the club wouldn't be the same without you, your loyalty is superb.
YOU ARE NOT GLORY-HUNTERS. You are a totally different breed of fan.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manure have a broad fanbase since Munich and the Busby years, so it's understandable they breed glory hunters almost everywhere. On holiday if you say you're British they say "Manchester United".

Stockport is a Stockport County - free area except for some diehards. Most round here support United or City. Our window cleaner is a Liverpool fan and we get on fine. Dukinfield is in Tameside, not Stockport.

W

wolvesultra

They're all suddenly feeling the need to support their local club now aren't they!

**** off plastic ****s

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit like saying Bloxwich is Walsall 'territory': it's not, it's a working class (/rough as arses) Wolves, West Brom and Villa town.

Incidentally, its got one of the last terraced pubs, worth a visit Ducks imo.

I'm shocked to hear that Bloxwich has now got Albion fans in. Moxey has still got a lot to answer for. Used to be 80% Wolves 10% Villa and 10% Walsall back in the 60s/70s.

W

wolvesultra

Isnt supporting your football team about representing where you are from?
Living in a town and representing anothet seems weird.
I was born in Wolverhampton lived here all my life apart from 2 years in Manchester for work. It just aint Wolverhampton.
This for me to, can't understand the people who run down the glory hunters from round here who support United etc but then want us to have fans from all over the world.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This for me to, can't understand the people who run down the glory hunters from round here who support United etc but then want us to have fans from all over the world.

I dont mind our fans being anywhere TBH. Ideally we want fans who are willing to show some kind of commitment though even if its attending one game every 20 years or just subscribing to Wolves TV. If we can build up a 30m following in China each paying £1 a month to watch our games via Wolves TV then that is a lot of dosh directly into club coffers to help us compete with other clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool who have huge overseas followings of their own.

On the other hand it is a bit tedious listening to "expert" Man Utd and Liverpool fans who live around the corner from us and have never seen their club live in their life despite having plenty of opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom