Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fans of other clubs in W-ton

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
just been out to the Rose & Crown in Penn for my normal couple of beers and takeaway on a Saturday night. Catch last 30mins of Chelsea v Liverpool. Liverpool score, the celebrations and shouts of get in (in Black Country accent) was embarrassing. The same happened when the Champions League Final was on, loads of Liverpool ‘fans’ in their shirts. What I didn’t understand especially for that game was if you couldn’t be at the final then surely you would have soaked up the atmosphere in Liverpool at a fans zone or local pub etc..Some of these ‘fans’ probably have never even been to a match or the city of Liverpool. My 7 old son experiences the delights of the off spring of these ‘fans’ telling him how ‘rubbish Wolves are. Time to calll them out and ask for their fan credentials.
Apologies rant over. I feel better now.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
just been out to the Rose & Crown in Penn for my normal couple of beers and takeaway on a Saturday night. Catch last 30mins of Chelsea v Liverpool. Liverpool score, the celebrations and shouts of get in (in Black Country accent) was embarrassing. The same happened when the Champions League Final was on, loads of Liverpool ‘fans’ in their shirts. What I didn’t understand especially for that game was if you couldn’t be at the final then surely you would have soaked up the atmosphere in Liverpool at a fans zone or local pub etc..Some of these ‘fans’ probably have never even been to a match or the city of Liverpool. My 7 old son experiences the delights of the off spring of these ‘fans’ telling him how ‘rubbish Wolves are. Time to calll them out and ask for their fan credentials.
Get on my tits as well!!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happens around the country though?

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Happens around the country though?
Yep it does, but it’s the easy option to choose a successful team and claim to be the most ardent of fans.

D

Deleted member 4382

If Fosun carry on as they are, my son stands to lose cool/ obscure points on the street!!!!
Just wait until we are the team that out of town arm chair fans flock to the pub to watch!!

N

Northamptonwolf

Whenever a liverpool, united etc fan slates wolves i ask how many times they have been to Anfield etc. Its pretty much always met with a " ive never been," at that point i take great pleasure in saying how many times ive been to their ground and end said conversation

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
so if you were in Liverpool and you saw some blokes wearing Wolves shirts and cheering us on in Scouse accents you would tell them they ay allowed to support Wolves, they can only support Liverpool or Everton?

if you went round the corner to the Penn Bowling Club you would see my brother in his Liverpool shirt every time they show a match and we're born and bred in Penn and he's supported Liverpool all his life because our dad did

live and let live ay it

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Fosun carry on as they are, my son stands to lose cool/ obscure points on the street!!!!
Just wait until we are the team that out of town arm chair fans flock to the pub to watch!!
Whenever a liverpool, united etc fan slates wolves i ask how many times they have been to Anfield etc. Its pretty much always met with a " ive never been," at that point i take great pleasure in saying how many times ive been to their ground and end said conversation
sounds stupid I know, but I used to get embarrassed to ask the question of people I knew, as not to embarrass them. I change now after all the crap I put up with over the years.

F

Flynn

If I supported my local team, I'd be a die hard Barrow fan. As it turns out I support Wolves, and with that in mind it'd be hypocritical to say they should just follow their local team.

But if they don't support Wolves though, it's their loss surely?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im a long distance fan so leaving myself open to be called hypocritical but I love this.
Not quite the same though living in Greater Manchester and following us (at one point recently the lowest ranked club in the West Mids. In fact, almost the polar opposite of what yam talking about).

I'm in Southend currently for my sins (and they must be truly biblical as it's surely the biggest **** hole in the UK), and like to watch football on tele in the pubs... The number of times I get caught having to pretend to be interested in the opinions of some Essex **** who 'follows' a North West club; ugh, it does my head in. @merseawolf you're not include here and I have nothing against Essex per se, it's just the people I'm surrounded by in the East End overspill of South Essex are vile, they're, in the words of their spiritual leader Danny Dier, 'orrible cants.

D

Deleted member 4382

Living in Manc, my lad gets **** of Man U fans ( died down quite a lot this last week or so). He just gets out his season ticket!!

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
so if you were in Liverpool and you saw some blokes wearing Wolves shirts and cheering us on in Scouse accents you would tell them they ay allowed to support Wolves, they can only support Liverpool or Everton?

if you went round the corner to the Penn Bowling Club you would see my brother in his Liverpool shirt every time they show a match and we're born and bred in Penn and he's supported Liverpool all his life because our dad did

live and let live ay it
Maybe if they go fair enough, however the crap I’ve put up with from these no go fans makes me feel I’m now ok to ask why not support a club they can watch than chose a successful club that they can never go to. It’s still makes me cringe, I’m talking about grown men in their 30-40’s. Not saying nobody cant, as you say live and let live.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Living in Manc, my lad gets **** of Man U fans ( died down quite a lot this last week or so). He just gets out his season ticket!!
since when is Dukinfield in Manchester? Stockport County territory I'd have thought...

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is it necessary to justify who you support? I don't give a fig what people say. I have supported Wolves since 1956. I live in Surrey and there are all sorts of supporters around me, including Leeds, Everton, Sunderland and Nottingham Forest. They all have valid reasons for supporting their teams and I wouldn't dream of challenging them. I just hope they enjoy good results and that their support brings all the good things that success brings. I have even been twice to Old Trafford, which is probably twice more than a lot of the local Manure fans,but what the heck, if they say they are United fans so be it. It has no effect on my support for Wolves whatsoever!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowhere near Stockport despite. 8 miles to Stockport, 6 to MCR. Stockport is only a suburb of MCR anyway.
It is a MCR thing. If you aren’t from here, you won’t understand.
A bit like saying Bloxwich is Walsall 'territory': it's not, it's a working class (/rough as arses) Wolves, West Brom and Villa town.

Incidentally, its got one of the last terraced pubs, worth a visit Ducks imo.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is it necessary to justify who you support? I don't give a fig what people say. I have supported Wolves since 1956. I live in Surrey and there are all sorts of supporters around me, including Leeds, Everton, Sunderland and Nottingham Forest. They all have valid reasons for supporting their teams and I wouldn't dream of challenging them. I just hope they enjoy good results and that their support brings all the good things that success brings. I have even been twice to Old Trafford, which is probably twice more than a lot of the local Manure fans,but what the heck, if they say they are United fans so be it. It has no effect on my support for Wolves whatsoever!

It’s not exactly the same thing. Living in Surrey you’re not really in a football place, but someone being from Wolverhampton, on the doorstep of a club like ours and turning their nose up thinking they can do better makes them the enemy in my book.

I couldn’t trust them.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So in your heart of hearts you know Duki is nowt to do with Stockport!!!!!

Where in MCR?
just winding you up mate

Fallowfield, Chorlton, Old Trafford, Hulme, Levenshulme just about sums it up I think, throw West Didsbury into that too

oh also a spell in what they now call the Northern Quarter when it was just starting up

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I usually grab em by the throat and pin em against the wall until their Adam’s apple pops out and their faces turn blue. At this point and when they beg for mercy, I let go, stamp on their cream crackers and say ... “How dare you support someone else in this free country of ours!”. Works a treat.

D

Deleted member 4382

just winding you up mate

Fallowfield, Chorlton, Old Trafford, Hulme, Levenshulme just about sums it up I think, throw West Didsbury into that too

oh also a spell in what they now call the Northern Quarter when it was just starting up
Cool districts. Love Burton Road (w dids) and Beach Rd (Chorlton).
Levenshue has my second favourite kebab shop - Lazeeza!!!!!

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not exactly the same thing. Living in Surrey you’re not really in a football place, but someone being from Wolverhampton, on the doorstep of a club like ours and turning their nose up thinking they can do better makes them the enemy in my book.

I couldn’t trust them.

It's all about 'live and let live' and sadly, that is an alien concept to some people.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a fan of Wolves in London back in the day! We were a decent side back then so I suppose I'm no one to judge but I hate it when I see Man U shirts (and of course City now!) in East Yorkshire. I really can't imagine not supporting Wolves if you live in the area; all I know is that I journey home up to Manchester then across via Leeds to Hull. All I get now is congratulations from people who really know the Wolves revolution is up and running. It's never been better to travel than now!!!!!

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cool districts. Love Burton Road (w dids) and Beach Rd (Chorlton).
Levenshue has my second favourite kebab shop - Lazeeza!!!!!
I was on Lapwing Lane for a bit, Barlow Moor Road just near the bus station for a bit, bought a house in Levenshulme when houses there really didn't cost very much at all and watched it become cool around me

D

Deleted member 3573J

There was a kid at my school who claimed to be a Man Utd season ticket holder, he'd ridicule Wolves relentlessly, everyone believed him plus he'd never be seen on matchday, even pulled out of a school 5 a side tournament because Man Utd were at home. You have to think outside the box to get back at freaks like these, such as climb over their back fence and then laugh at them through their patio doors on at 3pm on a day Man Utd were at home. Never another bad word about Wolves after that.

Wolves kids on Monday will be the ones doing the ridiculing now we are above them. We all fought the good fight so kids these days can take the **** out of Man Utd fans, it brings a tear to the eye.

S

ShropshireLad

I saw loads of Albion and Stoke fans at the station this morning along with a few Arsenal fans.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s not necessary, but it’s the people that say they are fans and they aren’t they have latched on to club because they are one of the top three or four. My whole point about this initially was the shouting ‘fu**ing come on’ when Liverpool scored. It was teeth grindingly embarrassing

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I usually grab em by the throat and pin em against the wall until their Adam’s apple pops out and their faces turn blue. At this point and when they beg for mercy, I let go, stamp on their cream crackers and say ... “How dare you support someone else in this free country of ours!”. Works a treat.
What will you do if it’s a female?!!

Back
Top Bottom