Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fans of other clubs in W-ton

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Lived in and around the NorthWest since the early 80's. My Dad used to take me to games, and then got my own season ticket around the 1989/90 season and went to most games home and away through Uni almost until I got together with Mrs Pro- and that was the end of attending games when I wanted. Son born, etc. Shared a season ticket with me bro until Morgan and Jackett broke me. Living around Chester and Wirral, all I encounter are Liver**** and ManU fans- lot of them are not born and bred around here- lot of gloryseekers. You also see a lot of Chelsea shirts as well as Barca, Real, etc.

Long-winded way of saying that not everyone that supports a club is local- it can be for a variety of reasons. Credentials is utter *******s. ANYONE that supports Wolves must do it for the love- it definitely hasn't been for any other reason until now for ****ing sure.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a lad in the Hogs at about 2 o’clock in a United shirt. Don’t think he needed any extra help to feel like a ****!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strikes me as the nature of football. The ‘bigger’ clubs will always have fans supporting them in remote places.

I’ve never once lived within 100 miles of Molineux, I still go to my local pub(s) when I’m not at the game and shout ‘get in’ when we score. I’m not going to travel to Wolves to watch a game on tv to soak up the atmosphere.

Oroboros

Groupie
Reaction score
My son , living in the East Riding of Yorkshire, has had to explain that his team is a real football team, that they are significant and last week had his poster from motd magazine or similar of Rui Patricio defaced by kids in his class. He is so proud to be a wolves fan even in the face of his Man U supporting grandad (who is quite cool with it to be fair). If given enough encouragement, we have a massive and loyal fan base.
P.S. I printed out Neves and Traore pictures to replace Rui so he’s happy!

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You support your local team, end of, they represent you so you should represent, unless your dad is from somewhere else and forces you to support another team, then thats OK, unless your dad is from Romford and supports Man U, in that case your both ****s :smile:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You support your local team, end of, they represent you so you should represent, unless your dad is from somewhere else and forces you to support another team, then thats OK, unless your dad is from Romford and supports Man U, in that case your both ****s :smile:

I think this overlooks a lot of factors.

Not to mention that I’m not sure many players represent their local fan base anymore.

M

Mr Wolf

A lot of the people supporting Wolves today/recently preferred watching games on TV or supporting teams like Liverpool until last season.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is it necessary to justify who you support? I don't give a fig what people say. I have supported Wolves since 1956. I live in Surrey and there are all sorts of supporters around me, including Leeds, Everton, Sunderland and Nottingham Forest. They all have valid reasons for supporting their teams and I wouldn't dream of challenging them. I just hope they enjoy good results and that their support brings all the good things that success brings. I have even been twice to Old Trafford, which is probably twice more than a lot of the local Manure fans,but what the heck, if they say they are United fans so be it. It has no effect on my support for Wolves whatsoever!
Well said......don’t see what the fuss is all about
Never been to Wolverhampton,(life gets in the way sometimes and other family priorities for expendable income), but I am a fan......for over half a century......always....Never a doubt. For many years I couldn’t get drunk on a Saturday because my tears kept diluting my beer.
And our own RichiHerberts from NZ developed a love of Wolves through a pen pal and yet here he is....I think that’s awesome.
Some like rugby or the horses or whatever......to each his own,no?

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My son , living in the East Riding of Yorkshire, has had to explain that his team is a real football team, that they are significant and last week had his poster from motd magazine or similar of Rui Patricio defaced by kids in his class. He is so proud to be a wolves fan even in the face of his Man U supporting grandad (who is quite cool with it to be fair). If given enough encouragement, we have a massive and loyal fan base.
P.S. I printed out Neves and Traore pictures to replace Rui so he’s happy!

Fire an email to the club, I reckon they'd send him something signed by Rui for the babbie.

On the original thread, who cares? We have fans from all over, what's the difference? Many of them offspring of "glory hunters" from the fifties, when Liverpool were nothing compared to us. Let um support Liverpool, rather that than boost villa or olbions ranks

R

reanswolf

I have sympathy with the OP, I detest seeing all these glory-hunting Manure fans. Although they are on the decline a bit, my son told me the local Bilbrook Juniors team only managed to put out 9 lads when we played Burnley cos the kids preferred to go to the match. That's unheard of with them, not to put a full team out.

I tend to think its the uneducated, unprincipled, or the unwashed who strut around in those horrible 'Chevrolet-sponsored tops. Personally, I just don't get how someone living in this great town could possibly support anyone but Wolves, its abhorrent, but of course its a free country. This happens sadly, in all towns. We do need a sustained period of premiership football to change these easily-influenced kids . Having said that, we getting over 30,000 every week so its clearly turning.

It always gets muddled when out-of-town Wolves fans feel this argument is aimed at them - I assure you its not, you've hopefully supported the team through thick and thin, that is not glory-hunting!! If I see a fan of someone like Brighton or Stoke in Wolverhampton, they may still be ****s but I don't detest them like I do all these Manure fans who for me are just spineless, glory-hunting low-lifes who generally lack any personality, individuality, or character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate glory hunters. Everyone should be like me. I've always enjoyed being a Wolves fan. I used to get loads of sympathy.
Guess that's over dammit.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe if they go fair enough, however the crap I’ve put up with from these no go fans makes me feel I’m now ok to ask why not support a club they can watch than chose a successful club that they can never go to. It’s still makes me cringe, I’m talking about grown men in their 30-40’s. Not saying nobody cant, as you say live and let live.
You’ve hit the nail on the head though. It’s their loss as they never get to experience live football in the true sense.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a lad in the Hogs at about 2 o’clock in a United shirt. Don’t think he needed any extra help to feel like a ****!
Probably my mate. He’s having a tough time at the moment

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I was at secondary school in Wolves during the 90's I would say maybe around 10% of kids in my year that were into football supported Wolves. I knew perhaps one or two in the whole year who went to games (including lucky old me). There were perhaps one or two Albion and Villa fans, but the vast majority supported one of the toxic trio of Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool. There were even one or two numpties that would claim to follow Newcastle or Blackburn when they were up at the top (I bet they don't now)?

People used to take the **** out of me all the time for supporting Wolves. Support whoever you want, but I could never understand the mentality of those kids that used to trash talk their local team and didn't want them to do well? Total nuggets. Some of them have since seen the light and started following the Wolves actually, surprise surprise. I certainly hope that the local ratio of Wolves fans to glory grabbers has been improving of late!

Put it this way I/we probably care more about Wolves winning a 1st round league cup tie than most of these glory hunters would if their beloved Utd, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, or whover else it is this year, went and won the bloody thing.

Last edited:
R

reanswolf

I think that it is slowly changing - at least 60-70% of kids seem to support Wolves these days, glory-hunting is becoming more ridiculed too, these days.

M

merseawolf

My Dads from North London i'm from Essex spose that i shouldnt support Wolves travelling all over the country then.

M

merseawolf

My Dads from North London i'm from Essex spose that i shouldnt support Wolves travelling all over the country then.
And my 2 girls should support Colchester Utd and not come to Wolves either? Shall i leave them at home or bring them to Watford game?

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think their is a difference between attending supporters who go to games and 'supporters' who big up their team but have never ever seen them live in the flesh and never intend to go to a game. While supporters who go to games even if its once now and again I find acceptable. The Man utd, Liverpool fans that never intend to ever watch their team on anything but the TV or internet can be most irritating. Living in their virtual world of pretense where the solace and comfort of supporting a 'big' club provides them with a crutch to feed their general inferiority.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think their is a difference between attending supporters who go to games and 'supporters' who big up their team but have never ever seen them live in the flesh and never intend to go to a game. While supporters who go to games even if its once now and again I find acceptable. The Man utd, Liverpool fans that never intend to ever watch their team on anything but the TV or internet can be most irritating. Living in their virtual world of pretense where the solace and comfort of supporting a 'big' club provides them with a crutch to feed their general inferiority.

Even more irritating if they decide to try take the **** out of others for supporting 'lesser' clubs, particulary if this is in reference to their local or home town club.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing wrong with supporting whatever club you want. If supporting them by attending their games is what you’re doing. In fact to choose a club that takes you more effort and expense to get to watch is commendable, and I love hearing all the different accents at Wolves games all talking about how they love this club.
It’s great now as well to see the efforts that Wolves are making to really support and show appreciation to these many out of town Supporters Clubs. An absolute revolution is going on behind the scenes here.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a guy at work who "supports" Man Utd and i just cant listen to him talk about football. He has never been, thinks football is a tv programme and basis his opinions on football manager. I cringe when he refers to united as we. He once said why would i spend money on a rubbish team. He just doesnt get it.

Its also interesting to see some people try to leach off us now. Im talking about the kids who used to rip me at school for supporting wolves but are now all over us. On of them used to "support" newcastle so i had to call him out the other week when he put wolves aye we on facebook. I was blocked pretty quickly.

D

Deleted member 4257

Isnt supporting your football team about representing where you are from?
Living in a town and representing anothet seems weird.
I was born in Wolverhampton lived here all my life apart from 2 years in Manchester for work. It just aint Wolverhampton.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a guy at work who "supports" Man Utd and i just cant listen to him talk about football. He has never been, thinks football is a tv programme and basis his opinions on football manager. I cringe when he refers to united as we. He once said why would i spend money on a rubbish team. He just doesnt get it.

Its also interesting to see some people try to leach off us now. Im talking about the kids who used to rip me at school for supporting wolves but are now all over us. On of them used to "support" newcastle so i had to call him out the other week when he put wolves aye we on facebook. I was blocked pretty quickly.

I know several Arsenal fans like that bloke at my work. They drive me bloody nuts. I literally hate talking to them about football. Some will still regularly say to me things like 'I reckon Wolves have a decent chance of staying up this year'? Completely clueless.

I know plenty of folks from back in the day that are now Wolves fans, but ripped the **** out of us at school. I'm just glad they've finally seen the light.

D

Deleted member 3545

The other price of success will be the waiting list for season tickets Arsenal were on about banning season ticket holders who only attend high profile games they have 40k on their waiting list.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A mate of mine is from Manchester and is a big City fan. Obviously they've picked up quite a few plastics in recent years and he was recently telling how weird it is to find himself now meeting City fans from all over the country, many of whom have never been to a game and have no connection to Manchester. He applies what he calls 'the Paul Lake test' in order to determine their City supporting credentials. If you know who Paul Lake is and proclaim him as the best player England never had then he will accept you as a City fan.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3545

A mate of mine is from Manchester and is a big City fan. Obviously they've picked up quite a few plastics in recent years and he was recently telling how weird it is to find himself now meeting City fans from all over the country, many of whom have never been to a game and have no connection to Manchester. He applies what he calls 'the Paul Lake test in order to determine their City supporting credentials. If you know who Paul Lake is and proclaim him as the best player England never had then he will accept you as a City fan.
I used to always buy him on CM lol

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Feel sorry for people who support the so called big clubs ...

Always think with us the atmosphere around the whole club and the ethos of the players/ ownership is so geared to us the fans it's awesome. I still feel like our club is made by the passionate support we have where as likes of united and Liverpool are basically full of tourists and glory hunters.

Just seen cavs interview, he clearly loves having his name song by us and the feeling we have towards him I doubt any players but the very best get that at other clubs.

R

reanswolf

Wait till Wolves become a top 3 team and you get fans like this swap Best for Bull, the downside of being successful
Love it !!

Brainless, characterless, brain-dead scroat - I suppose the plus-side is that Man Utd help flush out all the ****ers in every town. Would you really want people like that at Molineux in large numbers.

D

Deleted member 4382

You mean you don’t support Stalybridge Celtic, how dare you! I’m a Curzon Ashton ST holder.
Unfortunately, I grew up in the other side of Ashton (Hartshead) so if I followed local football I suppose it would have been Ashton United!!

R

reanswolf

Lets make this clear - no problem with local Manchester-area Manure fans (still prefer City by miles tho), and certainly no problem with 'our' out-of-town fans, the club wouldn't be the same without you, your loyalty is superb.
YOU ARE NOT GLORY-HUNTERS. You are a totally different breed of fan.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
I couldn’t be happier to see united suffering... all those lads I know that have picked their own team who pick a successful team so they have underserved bragging rights ... now they are all crying believing it is their right to win the premier league every year... they do not have my sympathies

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have sympathy with the OP, I detest seeing all these glory-hunting Manure fans. Although they are on the decline a bit, my son told me the local Bilbrook Juniors team only managed to put out 9 lads when we played Burnley cos the kids preferred to go to the match. That's unheard of with them, not to put a full team out.

I tend to think its the uneducated, unprincipled, or the unwashed who strut around in those horrible 'Chevrolet-sponsored tops. Personally, I just don't get how someone living in this great town could possibly support anyone but Wolves, its abhorrent, but of course its a free country. This happens sadly, in all towns. We do need a sustained period of premiership football to change these easily-influenced kids . Having said that, we getting over 30,000 every week so its clearly turning.

It always gets muddled when out-of-town Wolves fans feel this argument is aimed at them - I assure you its not, you've hopefully supported the team through thick and thin, that is not glory-hunting!! If I see a fan of someone like Brighton or Stoke in Wolverhampton, they may still be ****s but I don't detest them like I do all these Manure fans who for me are just spineless, glory-hunting low-lifes who generally lack any personality, individuality, or character.

Exactly. Well put.

Back
Top Bottom