Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fans behaviour.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think football by it’s very nature has always attracted angry young men, mix that with drink and drugs with a sprinkling of youthful exuberance and there’s an issue.

I think back to the mid 90s and starting my wolves journey as an “adult”, there’s lots of hazy games where next morning is have to put teletext on to find the score, minor scuffles with away fans thinking I was Billy ten men. However I never felt the compulsion to run on the pitch and punch a player.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So people should just accept that they have to work all day every day but still can't afford communication, entertainment, a social life, and clothes that they like? I'm not endorsing selling drugs, but it's plainly obvious why it's a preference for some when that's the alternative. It's a wider societal crisis, not an individual issue.

Ok here is an example we see all the time, kids come to work for our company, this is common throughout, can’t hack the hard graft and quit after 6/12 months.
You can’t , get everything handed to you on a plate and expect top money for doing naff all.

You can now, potentially, earn a lot of money in construction, but you need to start at the bottom, like many of us did. Being entitled doesn’t cut it I’m afraid.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So people should just accept that they have to work all day every day but still can't afford communication, entertainment, a social life, and clothes that they like? I'm not endorsing selling drugs, but it's plainly obvious why it's a preference for some when that's the alternative. It's a wider societal crisis, not an individual issue.
Older generations accepted exactly that. The current entitled lot may need a bloody heavy clampdown to get the message.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Older generations accepted exactly that. The current entitled lot may need a bloody heavy clampdown to get the message.

I’d like a Ferrari and a house in France, but unfortunately I can’t, so it’s tough **** lol

I was always told, live to your means.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell im not that old, £75 a week got you naff all. But it’s the morals of selling drugs, you don’t do it as it’s illegal. We shouldn’t just discard rules and morals because we can’t pay for, new iPhones, Netflix, drugs and stone island jackets
Or its to just pay the bills. Why be moral in an immoral world, it all spills over, as someone said, football reflects society.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok here is an example we see all the time, kids come to work for our company, this is common throughout, can’t hack the hard graft and quit after 6/12 months.
You can’t , get everything handed to you on a plate and expect top money for doing naff all.

You can now, potentially, earn a lot of money in construction, but you need to start at the bottom, like many of us did. Being entitled doesn’t cut it I’m afraid.
Said before, its not hacking the hard graft, its taking the path of least resistance to get what you want. Or it is working the hard graft, barely seeing much reward for it, living for the weekend and a session that involves going to the match.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can take part of what you say, is to blame, but certainly that is only a minor part of the problem. Many kids who live by me, with so called, good up bringing, are some of the worst culprits. So what do they see? They see Mommy and Daddy giving them everything, throughout life, no responsibilities and no discipline.

This leads to very selfish and arrogant kids, we see it all the time in construction sector, how the youths attitudes have changed. Many don’t last more than 3 months, they would rather work a little, not very hard, then go home and sell some weed.

I’m not generalising youth as a whole, because there are still some good people out there, but a generational thing, the youth of today are a different breed that’s for sure. It’s nothing to do with growing old or the good old days either, it’s post social media ands it’s plain to see.

Agree. Social media exists because it is making huge amounts of money - mostly for generations before the youth of today. And there were kids who were given everything many decades ago too. Many. if not most, of those running the country, leading business etc, are those kids now grown up. No surprise they have no social conscience.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said before, its not hacking the hard graft, its taking the path of least resistance to get what you want. Or it is working the hard graft, barely seeing much reward for it, living for the weekend and a session that involves going to the match.

But hard graft leads to rewards, like I said, you can’t have it all before you’ve done naff all.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worked nearly all my working life as a power press operator.I also did 20 years on a production line at Lucas Not THE AEROSPACE.Believe me I worked my nuts off and most wiks did double shifts.The wages were absolutely crap for men.But as a second household job for a woman the wages were great.Hard graft dow always get ya rewards.Although I did become a team leader with a small increase.And I've never bin on the dole.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My father said exactly the same about "the youth of today" at his company. Over 40 years ago. Used to drive us mad the repetitive tedium of it: "the kids of today just don't want to do hard work". I bet his dad said the same before him. Remember Basil Fawlty and his similar rants on the youth of today? That was 1976.

There's plenty of entitled and privileged layabout slackers at the top of the wealth heap. It cuts it for them.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But hard graft leads to rewards, like I said, you can’t have it all before you’ve done naff all.
I say this without malice but you are very much disconnected from reality of the 'young person, the 18-35' if you think hard work is rewarded in the current jobs market. Apart from a few exceptions the rule it really is, more worked to the bone for little return and then we wonder why we have an angrier society.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worked nearly all my working life as a power press operator.I also did 20 years on a production line at Lucas Not THE AEROSPACE.Believe me I worked my nuts off and most wiks did double shifts.The wages were absolutely crap for men.But as a second household job for a woman the wages were great.Hard graft dow always get ya rewards.Although I did become a team leader with a small increase.And I've never bin on the dole.

My first proper job was at Lucas Aerospace. Been pretty much in Aerospace ever since. Memory fades, but as I recall, they had a 3 level canteen - bottom level for the factory workers, middle for the office staff and top for the managers. Each level got more and more posh! The subtle hints of "higher status". I don't think you can get away with such snobbery now.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyways back on point.

Society as a whole is angrier, it can be a miserable existence, football can be that little ray of joy thatll get you through one week to another and when your team gets **** on it, ruining that joy, then it can quickly boil over, added drugs, booze and social media into the mix and it's something that will be prevalent going forward.

What can be done? Nothing really from football, other than splitting up and hard regulations on who attends, but that's just perpetuating a problem not entirely footballs fault.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
I say this without malice but you are very much disconnected from reality of the 'young person, the 18-35' if you think hard work is rewarded in the current jobs market. Apart from a few exceptions the rule it really is, more worked to the bone for little return and then we wonder why we have an angrier society.

Spot on.

Stagnating salaries combined with the rising cost of living and exorbitant house prices mean that many in that age group are trapped in the rental market with no scope to save a deposit or even afford to have children.

The days of grafting hard and getting your rewards are long gone for many. The drawbridge has been well and truly pulled up.

Look at the transfer of wealth over the course of the pandemic, all while the young were forced to stay inside. No wonder there are issues arising in society (which includes football) now things are opening back up again. The young have no voice.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Back to focusing on football aspects please.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The graph of "hours worked on an average wage to afford the average UK house" is the warning sign, for me. It's just gone up continually over the past few decades. And we can't escape to more affordable houses abroad now, either!

Portugal looks really tempting, much better value housing than the UK. And Wolves Football Club have lots of Portugese connections. There, I'm keeping it to football :D

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is difficult (impossible?) to discuss a topic "Fans Behaviour" while keeping it to football. As football doesn't really drive human behaviour. The main things always have been things external to football.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
It is difficult (impossible?) to discuss a topic "Fans Behaviour" while keeping it to football. As football doesn't really drive human behaviour. The main things always have been things external to football.
If its more political etc it belongs in a different forum section.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree. Social media exists because it is making huge amounts of money - mostly for generations before the youth of today. And there were kids who were given everything many decades ago too. Many. if not most, of those running the country, leading business etc, are those kids now grown up. No surprise they have no social conscience.

I’m not saying I don’t agree with the struggles. my first mortgage in 2005 was for a 200k house. I was 25 years old, went from the £100 a week to work my socks off to some decent money.

You can make the money if you work hard, it doesn’t get handed to you on a plate.
I’m 41 so not that disconnected, just see things how it is, and that’s from both sides of the argument.

But as Mutchy said back to the Football and about kicking peoples heads in off your face on coke ha ha

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So basically you knew it was wrong to put the post here, but decided to do it anyway in the knowledge that someone else would clear up after you.
A terrible and sad reflection of the attitudes and behaviours society is facing today...:rolleyes:
Not at all. I thought you may think it irrelevant to the discussion but I think it was a good example of how soft the authorities are with offenders. Sorry if I annoyed you.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but he did have a tie on! Ernie Hunt (possibly Dave Burnside), Dave Woodfield, Doog and Waggy for the youngsters on here!
at Millwall.I was waiting by the team coach after the game and John Ireland asked
the police guy in charge what had happend to the fan who attacked Doog.
the policeman said he was a Wolves fan who had run on to congratulate Doog
and they had put him on a train back to Wolverhampton!
That was the first time I realised that the police could lie
I think they were covering up because when Huddersfield visited in a previous match
the Millwall scum had tried to attack Harold Wilson

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
at Millwall.I was waiting by the team coach after the game and John Ireland asked
the police guy in charge what had happend to the fan who attacked Doog.
the policeman said he was a Wolves fan who had run on to congratulate Doog
and they had put him on a train back to Wolverhampton!
That was the first time I realised that the police could lie
I think they were covering up because when Huddersfield visited in a previous match
the Millwall scum had tried to attack Harold Wilson
Interesting reply. TY. It doesn't look like he was coming on to congratulate him! Been to Millwall a couple of times way back when. Always hated it and always felt threatened just by walking along, and I had a London accent! Hopefully won't be going there any time soon.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m really confused?
I was led to believe by many on here that jeff and the devil incarnate that is vinny, are pricing the common man and youth out of the game with higher ST prices.
Turns out they can sniff a ST up their nose in 6 match days (not including drink and usage in between).
Unfortunately there is so much Columbian powder coming into the country and the police aren’t really that bothered by it. It’s never been so available quite worrying for the future of drug taking youngsters we have on our hands

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I say this without malice too, but I know loads of very hardworking people who will never progress in life as much as they should because they are so anti-establishment.

There seems to be an some sort of honour in working very hard, but not bowing to the any prescribed formula for career progression. Almost purposely holding yourself back through not wanting to be seen to be ‘kissing backside’ or breaking rank.

The truth is, you have to demonstrate more than just hard graft to get a leg up sometimes. The hardest part isn’t always the work, it’s stopping caring what other people think of you in order to open yourself to the opportunities to make the most of your life.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I say this without malice too, but I know loads of very hardworking people who will never progress in life as much as they should because they are so anti-establishment.

There seems to be an some sort of honour in working very hard, but not bowing to the any prescribed formula for career progression. Almost purposely holding yourself back through not wanting to be seen to be ‘kissing backside’ or breaking rank.

The truth is, you have to demonstrate more than just hard graft to get a leg up sometimes. The hardest part isn’t always the work, it’s stopping caring what other people think of you in order to open yourself to the opportunities to make the most of your life.
Want to know my personal experience. The leg up you get is whether your face fits or not.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you want see society and football in a nutshell tonight. West Ham cheered on Zuma, sang his name, why? Because he wears their colours.

Back
Top Bottom