Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fan patience

superwolves

Reaction score
We are obviously going through a transitional period of looking to sign promising youngsters and through the top class coaching of Nuno and his staff develop them to take us to the next level. We cant compete with the clubs in the league spending 80 million on players so this system looks our best chance of competing with them long term. For this to work the club is reliant on a patient understanding fanbase who can accept this and see the bigger picture strategy. Hopefully with everyone pulling in the same direction they can get the time they require

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am totally okay with lower mid table so long as we blood younger players.

I have patience for that if it leads to more goals and a decent GD figure. GD is a good indication of how the table ends up.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
No it's fine what they're trying, but an internet forum isn't a good barometer of fan feeling. If there were fans in the ground the stadium wouldn't be anywhere near as toxic as this place
This is true if we had fans in we would see better performances and results

superwolves

Reaction score
Trouble is throwing youngsters in too early can also ruin them. Hes had to put Silva in before he ideally wanted to I would guess

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will end up somewhere between 6th and 11th. Likely 10-11th

Next season we will then bounce back and finish somewhere between 4th-7th.

Unfortunately, some people don’t understand that, despite best intentions, success in football is never going to be linear.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will end up somewhere between 6th and 11th. Likely 10-11th

Next season we will then bounce back and finish somewhere between 4th-7th.

Unfortunately, some people don’t understand that, despite best intentions, success in football is never going to be linear.
What ridiculous assumptions to make.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only as ridiculous as people assuming we’ll finish lower this season and all our best players will leave next summer.
But it is more realistic than the person who commented on finishing 7th to 4th next season......

we will struggle to recruit as the teams we actually should see as direct competition based on last two years; Everton, Leicester and arsenal (can pay more and have the lure of London) will be further ahead of us, have European football and better squads with a clear footballing identity to join.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
But it is more realistic than the person who commented on finishing 7th to 4th next season......

we will struggle to recruit as the teams we actually should see as direct competition based on last two years; Everton, Leicester and arsenal (can pay more and have the lure of London) will be further ahead of us, have European football and better squads with a clear footballing identity to join.
Nobody knows where we’ll finish this season, let alone next season.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody knows where we’ll finish this season, let alone next season.
I would be fairly confident without a fantastic January window it will below at least two of those teams.

we didn’t add starting 11 quality after reaching the europa league quarter final..... so how are we going to do recruit better when we are further away from it with better options in the promised land of the premier league?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only as ridiculous as people assuming we’ll finish lower this season and all our best players will leave next summer.
How is that first bit ridiculous? We're 12th now and will be expected to lose 3 of the next 4. So, by the halfway point we will probably be below 12th. Yet, we could finish 6th? Don't think so

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really isn’t. I’m not for one second saying we should have blind faith in whatever Nuno or Fosun do but what is ridiculous is thinking the world is caving in because we lost a game we should have won to a 93rd minute penalty.

We have some absolute top drawer footballers at our club. At the same time, for various reasons, it’s not quite right at present. However we have had no real reason to doubt either fosun or Nuno the last few years so I trust that they also see this and will do all they can to ensure the project keeps moving forward. My point is it was never, never going to be a case of finish 7th then 6th then 5th etc etc, football just doesn’t work that way.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Everton, Leicester and arsenal (can pay more and have the lure of London) will be further ahead of us, have European football and better squads with a clear footballing identity to join.
Everton and Leicester in london since when?
everton don’t have European football and haven’t for a few seasons yet manage to recruit players

we recruited decent players in our first season without Europe or being in London

West Ham almost got relegated but still managed to get players to join

are we really going to lose players? Raul is coming back from a serious injury and will be 30 if he didn’t want to go to Man Utd this season what makes you think he will now?
neves may go but are any teams going to pay what we would want?
same for adama podence and Neto

We all agree that we need to be scoring more as does nuno needs a little patience that’s all

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should add, I have sank about 3 bottles of red and six pints so really can’t be ***** with arguing on here. I know we are all a bit fed up, but **** it. Get this **** year out the way and see you all for a pint in the hogs head august 2021.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m glad molineux is empty whist we transition, patience isn’t high on Wolves fans list.

We seriously aren’t as bad as lots are making out, we are creating lots of GOOD chances, we just don’t take them at the moment

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton and Leicester in london since when?
everton don’t have European football and haven’t for a few seasons yet manage to recruit players

we recruited decent players in our first season without Europe or being in London

West Ham almost got relegated but still managed to get players to join

are we really going to lose players? Raul is coming back from a serious injury and will be 30 if he didn’t want to go to Man Utd this season what makes you think he will now?
neves may go but are any teams going to pay what we would want?
same for adama podence and Neto

We all agree that we need to be scoring more as does nuno needs a little patience that’s all
Clearly didn’t read the post then...... the London comment is in brackets after arsenal......

I was also talking ahead to next season.......... was clear in the post.......

West Ham sign players because they pay over the odds wages and offer the London lifestyle, while they either milk the salary or use it as a launching pad for better.

Everton pay massive wages and have the pull of a proven world class manager.......

where did I mention player names????

but if you want my take on who teams will want;
Neto
Podence
Neves

no one will take Traore as he looks AWFUL this season

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really isn’t. I’m not for one second saying we should have blind faith in whatever Nuno or Fosun do but what is ridiculous is thinking the world is caving in because we lost a game we should have won to a 93rd minute penalty.

We have some absolute top drawer footballers at our club. At the same time, for various reasons, it’s not quite right at present. However we have had no real reason to doubt either fosun or Nuno the last few years so I trust that they also see this and will do all they can to ensure the project keeps moving forward. My point is it was never, never going to be a case of finish 7th then 6th then 5th etc etc, football just doesn’t work that way.
Of course it doesn't, but we are more likely to finish 12th this season than 6th, despite what you said. In fact, many would argue we will finish below 12th.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finishing mid table this season will in no way define next season. We had a strategy in the summer that will build a team for the coming seasons, an unfortunate injury has meant we have had to play our record signing more/sooner than anticipated.

The strategy was correct, although circumstance has thrown that further forward than we all hoped. See how we are performing later in the season before writing the strategy off.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course it doesn't, but we are more likely to finish 12th this season than 6th, despite what you said. In fact, many would argue we will finish below 12th.
If we finish below 12th I will post a picture of Walsall wolfs mrs tits on here. Full on nude.

Absolutely no chance.

superwolves

Reaction score
Finishing mid table this season will in no way define next season. We had a strategy in the summer that will build a team for the coming seasons, an unfortunate injury has meant we have had to play our record signing more/sooner than anticipated.

The strategy was correct, although circumstance has thrown that further forward than we all hoped. See how we are performing later in the season before writing the strategy off.
If only people understood the game then we would have half a chance

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This forum addresses loads of micro issues but very rarely sees the bigger picture .

it’s very frustrating game by game but their is huge promise in the way nuno is willing to adapt and try new things

indeed , a number of things he has tried are exactly what was demanded on here
Those who demanded it will be the ones demanding to go back to 3 at the back, which we played at west ham and got spanked but only 4 at the back is bad today

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
You do realise that the point of a Wolves forum is to debate Wolves.

I’m not happy with us at the minute, but if I was present in the stadium I would be nothing but supportive. Same applies to 99% of people.

People can’t use the excuse that we are missing fans more than most clubs but at the same time others say that it’s a good job the fans aren’t in the stadium at the minute in case of negativity being directed towards Nuno/the players. It’s one or the other.

superwolves

Reaction score
Nuno likes time to drill his new signings into the system he demands from them. You constantly hear him talk of the identity of the club. It took him months to play podence and dendonker yet with covid hes not had chance to do this hes had to rush everything through it's not the way he works. He must be so frustrated with it all

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should add, I have sank about 3 bottles of red and six pints so really can’t be ***** with arguing on here. I know we are all a bit fed up, but **** it. Get this **** year out the way and see you all for a pint in the hogs head august 2021.
Amen to this. 23 points and see you in August to raise a glass or 10.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the moment the middle of the table is very tight. There are only 6 points between 5th and 14th at the time of writing this. I am concerned about the lack of goals and it was something some fans pointed to at the start of the season. Jimenez's injury has only amplified the concern. I can't remember who but someone on here said Neto, Podence & Traore would get 25 league goals between them this season. We're just shy of a third of the way through and so far and they have 5.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are obviously going through a transitional period of looking to sign promising youngsters and through the top class coaching of Nuno and his staff develop them to take us to the next level. We cant compete with the clubs in the league spending 80 million on players so this system looks our best chance of competing with them long term. For this to work the club is reliant on a patient understanding fanbase who can accept this and see the bigger picture strategy. Hopefully with everyone pulling in the same direction they can get the time they require
Well said Sir, I agree with every word, I couldn't have put it better myself. COYW

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football fans in General have very little patience. I thinks it is unfair to single Wolves fans out. If you want toxic then go on the Arsenal forum.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are fans impatient with youth or just unhappy with a defensive style ?
If we played like Leeds with young players there may be more patience.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the moment, patience or not, fans are pretty irrelevant this season. We might end up with a few thousand in eventually, but we likely ain't going to get fans back into Molineux in serious numbers for many months, if at all this season.

It doesn't matter what fans write on here. If fans want to have a moan, so what? Or fans want to plead for patience until our young players put on their big boy pants, do that. It doesn't impact the players or coaches in the slightest. They are on their own for now.

Fans have never been more irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom