Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton vs Wolves. The verdict.

4evawolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't think we were bad at all tonight, but obviously without an adult playing up front we were always toothless in attack.
As Tring said, so sad to see Mouts so off the pace, and it was baffling why the livelier MGW was subbed instead of him.

Good performances from Ruddy (Thx very much Big John if that is your last game), Boly, Alt Nouri, Semedo, MGW, and Adama.

Midfield was a bit better, but saying that considering Mouts weak performance.

If we had had a full side out, and plus 1-2 new players, we could have beat them comfortably. Frustrated with the defeat because it should have been a draw, Everton were **** poor in my opinion. Dodgy corner for the goal, and a penalty that was denied.

Sometimes there is just no justice. But the signs that with a full strength side, we would be much better.
Don't no what game you were watching

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I was desperate for a win to quieten the Nuno out thread for a few days.

my verdict: I don’t really see any positives at all but it’s been such a depressing season it’s like a bad dream. I’m inclined to hope we all wake up in august and it’s business as usual.

im really concerned that we have actually lost our identity that we built so well in the early days. Let’s give Nuno another window, close season and preseason to get things back on track - but even I have to admit that if we play like this again at the start of next season Nuno will have to be on his way.

And finally, a word about Willian Jose. What a shocking signing he was... how could cutrone have possibly been worse? He’s right up there with Sami-Al-Jaber, Frankowski and Blobby for me.

Worse than that though he has insulted us by not trying and Nuno needs to answer for why he wasn’t packed off in the same way Cutrone was.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just an observation, we put in numerous crosses BUT did we actually win a Header ?. No so whats the point.. The end of the season is almost here, 45 minutes to go against Manure, I cant wait for it to end, a big close season coming up, then a critical first few months of the 21/22 season which will make or break Nunos tenure here.

Is it now so predictable, they've put it in the schedule that we are only playing one half against Man Utd? :D

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

my verdict: I don’t really see any positives at all but it’s been such a depressing season it’s like a bad dream. I’m inclined to hope we all wake up in august and it’s business as usual.

im really concerned that we have actually lost our identity that we built so well in the early days. Let’s give Nuno another window, close season and preseason to get things back on track - but even I have to admit that if we play like this again at the start of next season Nuno will have to be on his way.

And finally, a word about Willian Jose. What a shocking signing he was... how could cutrone have possibly been worse? He’s right up there with Sami-Al-Jaber, Frankowski and Blobby for me.

Worse than that though he has insulted us by not trying and Nuno needs to answer for why he wasn’t packed off in the same way Cutrone was.
TBF Cutrone came back and his contribution was missing a sitter against Albion

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh any of them except Raul, Neto, Adama,RAN and Neves.

Wouldn't miss any of the rest. Start with Saiss, Donkey, Moutinho and Kilman.
I think with a decent run and better coaching Kilman could do alright. Again I think dendoncker is one of our players that Nuno cannot get the best out of. Mouts has become a problem for us and Saiss I cant work out where he should be playing.............maybe the championship.
Its more though a question of who we bring in to spark the rest of the team.

Biffana wolf

Reaction score
So mouts finished, jose will be off along with ran 20m is too much for him. Vitinha id sign and have him and neves as our midfield. On the out list also donk,coady. Traore I expect will also go. Total system with a 433 required.
Today 1st half nice possession corner or free kick wasted by mouts. If mgw is sitting in the hole neves takes the kicks and corners. But neves was on the halfway line. Coady how deep does he play christ push up.
2nd half we had Jose or fabio as left wingers
This wasn't poor it was dire. Poor mugs who have paid for Sunday make sure you have a few before hand.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It wasn't great.... I think now we are desperate to freshen up the team, we need 3 first team players who can slot straight in, Nuno has been ruthless in the past and I'm hopeful he will be the same way with the deadwood

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

At least Sami had the petrol. :eek:

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm, we weren't much worse than the real Scousers. But we have absolutely nothing up front and can't defend corners.

Ruddy - 7 fine
Ait-Nouri - 6.5 he's great on the ball
Boly - 6 average
Coady - 6 the same defensively, but better on the ball
Killman - 6
Semedo - 6 fine
Traore - 8 or 9 absolutely superb but nothing in the middle to give it to
MGW - 8 very good tbf, he could have a place in this side?
Moutinho - 5 lovely little footballer but Nuno are you watching our games? He's just too slow now. As many are saying, he needs cameos not 90 mins appearances
Silva - 5 if he was British and cost £2.5m from Tranmere he'd be off on loan; but... I like the lad, he runs around and makes sensible runs
Neves - 6 a bit meh. His game is conservative, which is fine because he's great at it, but when we're struggling I want a player of his quality to get gold of things, instead it's more of the same; good closing and tackling and passes sideways

I'm a big Nuno fan, though I was never a 'in Nuno we trust' blind loyalty ****er: our football has always been a bit boring under the great man. He stays next season though, no doubt.

But... we offered so little going forward today and taking MGW off seemed masochistic; Mouts has to go off before him.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good point on Cutrone. We know he's not that good, but surely there would be 100% agreement that Cutrone is far better than Jose? It doesn't even take a millisecond to think on it. Jose must be one of the worst we've had in recent years that was regularly played. He's like Corica levels of bad... worse, possibly. Infuriating that we have 2 better strikers than Jose on our books (Cutrone and Mir) yet sent them away and depended on Fabio, who is 2 seasons minimum from being a Premier League striker and Jose.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a few have said, pretty sure that wasn’t a corner and from the angle they showed not quite sure how that wasn’t a pen?
Thought we controlled large parts of the game against a team somehow pushing for Europe, but we looked toothless.
Cannot fathom why so many of our players’ first thought is to pass the ball backwards.
Cant disagree that Traore was our best player and MGW one of our better ones too, but for me that simply shows we have been left with such few options up top and is a major issue as neither is going to get you many goals a season. We were obviously going to miss Raul’s goals,but it has become very evident that Doc and Diogo’s contributions have also been very much missed. If we play three up top we need all of them close to double figures realistically.
Defensively I was disappointed to see a back five, but I guess that was to try to counter Everton’s only way to goal from set pieces and it did its job for the most part, but Coady’s backtracking on more than one occasion also gave them chances out of nothing.
I think one of my boys commented that most teams benefit from the opposition giving the ball away in their own half, but despite Everton often giving it away we never looked like capitalising.
A big summer ahead - at least I hope so.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deflating, boring, debilitating, annoying, pointless, cowardly, slow, gutless, pathetic, crap!

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Well clearly goals are hard to come by again, however I don't agree that this was 'dross' I thought 1st half was one of our best showings this season (not that's saying much) second half not so good but I do think for the 5 at the back formation, it was relatively attack minded.
One thing I would say, what a difference a commanding presence makes (Ruddy) this may be controversial but I think we can do better than Patricio in terms of distribution and attacking crosses, every keeper at this level should be a good 'shot stopper' so I would not be fussed if Patricio goes at the end of the season.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's obvious the team needs freshening up a bit in the summer, but if someone said at the start of the season we'd be ending the season with Fabio Silva up top and MGW on the wing most peoples reaction would have been along the lines of "things would have to go really bad for that to happen". And things have gone really bad. Throw in Raul, Neto, and a few new signings over summer - that's half a new team. I'm sure we'll get it and I'm sure we'll improve dramatically next season.

I was encouraged by the performance tonight to be honest, although obviously it was plagued with the same old issues, which is very frustrating. I think Ait-Nouri looks like a fantastic player in the making, Adama is looking frightening again, Vitinha has shown glimpses of his potential, and the same with MGW. I am looking forward to the season being over, it hasn't been a great watch, but I don't think it's all doom and gloom.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good point on Cutrone. We know he's not that good, but surely there would be 100% agreement that Cutrone is far better than Jose? It doesn't even take a millisecond to think on it. Jose must be one of the worst we've had in recent years that was regularly played. He's like Corica levels of bad... worse, possibly. Infuriating that we have 2 better strikers than Jose on our books (Cutrone and Mir) yet sent them away and depended on Fabio, who is 2 seasons minimum from being a Premier League striker and Jose.
Cutrone is bang average. Don't think I'd prefer him to Jose as underwhelming as he's been. Cutrone certainly can't play as a lone striker and his hold-up play is poor. Chorley game being a classic example on latter.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're genuinely the laughing stock of the league at this point. Something has to change. Saying "we just need to get through this season" is nonsense, this group is broken sadly.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played really well first half, poor corners, zonal marking kills us again, didn’t really get going second half, but I’ve seen us play worse than that and win.

Traore was a constant threat MGW good first half, Moutinho was pretty awful, the rest OK. Kilman wasn’t at his best and wonder if the constant Hokey Cokey with him helps.

Two dodgy decisions, a corner that never was and a penalty that surely should have been.

Some of the reaction is a bit OTT, and the agendas against individual players is wearing thin, maybe time for a MolMix break.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A team devoid of creativity and guile. The question is... is that down to the players or the tactics?

Doesn't help that we play a different 11 and formation every week!

No understanding between the players.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Always think it is a sure sign that a manger needs to go when he talks complete *******s after a game. Remember it from Mick's time - the same line trotted out after game. The whole team is stale & we're paying the price for the last few crap windows. People can make excuse after excuse for Nuno, but this was just the latest in a series of dire performances. Seriously, what is going on with the coaching? Defending corners, taking corners - what do they do all week. And no sane person would play Moutinho in every game. Sadly, he's done

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kenny Jackett's run of home 0-0's 5 years ago?
To be fair to Jackett he kept us up when lesser managers would have taken that squad down.

First half tonight was actually fairly decent by this season's standards. Response to going behind was poor though.
On the plus side I might be able to get an away ticket next season once all our away glory hunters mysteriously melt away.
Beat me to it

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played really well first half, poor corners, zonal marking kills us again, didn’t really get going second half, but I’ve seen us play worse than that and win.

Traore was a constant threat MGW good first half, Moutinho was pretty awful, the rest OK. Kilman wasn’t at his best and wonder if the constant Hokey Cokey with him helps.

Two dodgy decisions, a corner that never was and a penalty that surely should have been.

Some of the reaction is a bit OTT, and the agendas against individual players is wearing thin, maybe time for a MolMix break.
Yep I'm off too I recon, we lost some excellent posters recently.

Back
Top Bottom