Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton vs Wolves. The verdict.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get he's tried to change formation but we still don't seem to operate with a plan like we did previously. There's no style of play really when we have the ball. It's been frustrating for me as looking at our players they should all be capable of passing and moving.

Of course we don’t, our previous plan was drilled in over lengthy pre seasons with players fresh to it and crucially better quality players. There’s only so much you can do when you’re playing every few days and missing lots of your top talent. Maybe we could have been better I’m not saying no criticism at all, just in the circumstances it’s unrealistic to expect them to be as drilled in a new way of playing as we were to the old one.

Marvellous007

Groupie
Reaction score
MGW should not have been subbed.
Semedo is not rubbish.
It WAS one of the clearest pens, not given.
They scored from a corner, which I don't think they should have been given. Goal Kick would have been correct.
JOSE is TOTALLY inept and needs binning.
What's the point of gaining corners, with no one capable of scoring from them.
We paid for lack of finishing, after a TOTALLY dominant 1st half display. Game should have been dead and buried by then.
VERY frustrating.
Let now go and stuff Utd!!!
And the corner taker was xxxx never want to see a short corner again

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The worst thing about yesterday was that we played better than we have recently, but still barely troubled Pickford, major tweaks to our tactics are needed as we just haven't been much of a goal threat at all this season.

I'd also like our players to get a bit closer and open up passing options, our players are always miles away from each other and I've noticed the likes of Moutinho won't play a pass if the player is more than a few feet away, we could easily switch play at times but Mouts just won't play the pass

D

Deleted member 11332

Of course we don’t, our previous plan was drilled in over lengthy pre seasons with players fresh to it and crucially better quality players. There’s only so much you can do when you’re playing every few days and missing lots of your top talent. Maybe we could have been better I’m not saying no criticism at all, just in the circumstances it’s unrealistic to expect them to be as drilled in a new way of playing as we were to the old one.

I think it's the drilling that's causing the issues on the ball. No one wants to move from their position as if we lose it they'll be out the game and probably get *******ed. We don't take any risks it's just safe passing which I assume again is because we are worried to give it away.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played well first half but jose's final touch said everything.

Everyone needs a proper break. Players. Fans. Management. This season is a right off. Forget it and move on. If we fail to do that then we're in trouble.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope if Traore stays this summer and isn't sold we stop bringing him back for corners his marking of Richarlison for the goal was appalling and with his pace surely makes sense to keep him up for a counter if we clear it
There isn’t a more suited player in world football to be left up front for corners than Adama.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There isn’t a more suited player in world football to be left up front for corners than Adama.
Has the merit of him being nowhere near the box to possibly give away a daft penalty too.

Reactions: Ned

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
And if Adama was left up front while opponents had corners, they would have to leave two players to mark him; or three or four.. :)
From memory, I think Derek Dougan only rarely came back for corners but mostly stayed up field taking a couple of opponents with him.

Last edited:

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
3/4 years ago? Id wager if someone explained it before taking the photo, he had forgotten 3/4 minutes later
He also asked us to gather some people from this forum to go meet him and others for a chat at Molineux. Which we did and we had an interesting chat. I believe he also met other groups of fans too around the same time.

There is an interest in many fans social media and web activities from the club.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope if Traore stays this summer and isn't sold we stop bringing him back for corners his marking of Richarlison for the goal was appalling and with his pace surely makes sense to keep him up for a counter if we clear it
Exactly. Hes a liability in defence, leave him on halfway line, and they will leave 3 back to mark him.

Back
Top Bottom