Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton Verdict

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Contained them first half, they came out flying, their fans demanded it. We nullified them for the most part.

Completely bossed it second half. Could have scored more. Won the ball back quickly and won most of the 50/50 duels Bruno was talking about after the Palace loss. Moved the ball about with ease.

Neves was immense, Jonny was excellent too. Mouts was great too.

Thought it was a great win and we showed great character after our mini slump in form. And no our season isn't over in March.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half was pretty dismal.

Second half was so much better and controlled, although felt we should've pushed more for the second as one goal always leaves you on edge in the last minute, like when Townsend got the free-kick.

Neves was the best player on that pitch by a million miles.
I thought Moutinho, Jonny and Coady was up there there with him as well

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen this on the Everton forum.

Perspective!

14 December 2013.... we smashed Fulham 4-1 just 10 days after breaking the Old Trafford curse to move into the top four.

On the same night, Wolves lost 2-0 at home in a League One match against MK Dons.
Wow. That's a good bit of research from that original bluenose.

Clubs, like empires and families, are always falling and rising. Everton might be on the wane but they're so big a club I see them bobbing straight back up à la West Ham and Newcastle. Honestly, if they were to go down I can't see them doing a Wednesday or Forest, they're too damn big for that.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half not great - thought we were being bossed a bit. Second half brilliant (apart from Richardson hitting bar) and only a shame we didn’t get a second. Possession stats were a thing of beauty.

I thought Neves was absolutely magnificant. The way our players are so confident to find him under pressure and you don’t fear he’ll lose it or give it away.

3 points ahead of our 2 7th placed seasons after 29 games.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Well I must admit I was nearly as deflated as before West Ham when I saw the team. We started as badly as I expected and I thought the shape was bizarre. Rather than packing the midfield, the midfielders stood really wide and tried to link the play from the CHs to the wingbacks down the wing. They really should have punished us early on. Maybe Hwang's knock was a blessing in disguise, but we grew into the game as the half went by.

Second half was like a different game, I wondered if Frank's half-time team talk was 'well done lads you've put a good shift in, ease off now'. When F&F can come on and not look out of place you know you're in control.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

First half not great - thought we were being bossed a bit. Second half brilliant (apart from Richardson hitting bar) and only a shame we didn’t get a second. Possession stats were a thing of beauty.

I thought Neves was absolutely magnificant. The way our players are so confident to find him under pressure and you don’t fear he’ll lose it or give it away.

3 points ahead of our 2 7th placed seasons after 29 games.
Unfortunately the league is better at the top end than our first two years imo. Arsenal good again, Spurs and United up and down but still have world class players

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6.5 for Sa? I thought he dealt with everything superbly well,even if they were mostly offside he didnt know that at the time
Yeah, the extra half a mark as the few things he actually had to do, he did them pretty well. Giving him more would have seemed like he actually had to make any important saves

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. That's a good bit of research from that original bluenose.

Clubs, like empires and families, are always falling and rising. Everton might be on the wane but they're so big a club I see them bobbing straight back up à la West Ham and Newcastle. Honestly, if they were to go down I can't see them doing a Wednesday or Forest, they're too damn big for that.
They will have bloody serious FFP problems if they end up in the EFL.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazed to see some criticism of Raul on here tonight. I thought he was quality, much improved on last couple months.
Got to disagree with that i'm afraid thought today wasn't one of his better games. He lost the ball a fair few times especially first half with sloppy passes or holding onto the ball a little to long. Wasn't a terrible performance from him but wasn't at his best today for me!

colincameron

Reaction score
Bit like Villa they might be down there for a season or two. Argument to be had though that they are no bigger than Sunderland and look at them.. would it be such a shock for them to go down really? I don’t think it would be ridiculous like one of the top 6 going down. They would be big but nothing we haven’t seen before aka Villa, Forest, Leeds, Sunderland, Newcastle… Wolves…. All teams of similar stature that have done/are doing their time.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A word of thanks to Bruno and the boys. At the start of the season Skybet offered 11/10 against Wolves getting 45 or more points. Absolutely confident and had the biggest bet of my life - but didn't expect to see it win with 9 games to go.
Have to say - despite the odd blip - I think Bruno has done a superb job. Can't wait to see what he does next season when he gets some of his own players in. Do the business, Jeff...

CologneWolf

Reaction score
First half as dull as dishwater. Second half superb, totally controlled the game and didn’t give them a sniff. Neves superb, buzzing for Coady. Job done. Well done boys! On to Leeds!
Obviously haven’t seen what my dishwasher can do!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen this on the Everton forum.

Perspective!

14 December 2013.... we smashed Fulham 4-1 just 10 days after breaking the Old Trafford curse to move into the top four.

On the same night, Wolves lost 2-0 at home in a League One match against MK Dons.
I remember that bloody match too. Was it our second successive loss? Perhaps after Peterborough or Walsall (h)

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Got to disagree with that i'm afraid thought today wasn't one of his better games. He lost the ball a fair few times especially first half with sloppy passes or holding onto the ball a little to long. Wasn't a terrible performance from him but wasn't at his best today for me!
Unfortunately I have to agree. I Love Raul, but he hasn't been quite up to speed all season and I think in our heart of hearts we all know that. I'm hopeful he'll be closer to the player we know he can be next season. I know its often said that there's no room for sentiment in football, but I think he deserves a bit of patience. If we can get him somewhere close to what he was, it'll be worth it.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have to agree. I Love Raul, but he hasn't been quite up to speed all season and I think in our heart of hearts we all know that. I'm hopeful he'll be closer to the player we know he can be next season. I know its often said that there's no room for sentiment in football, but I think he deserves a bit of patience. If we can get him somewhere close to what he was, it'll be worth it.
I felt he was much better in the last two games. He's still got a terrible habit of trying to be clever when no player is anywhere near him but today his all round play was better and he looked more dangerous in the box.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Okay, scrappy 1st half, but seems that...

Wolves haven’t conceded a first half goal in any of their last 14 away games in the Premier League.

Only the Arsenal side of 1998 can match that run in the history of the competition.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t really create much against a poor Everton side who played with 10 for a decent chunk of the match. This concerns me slightly but we did enough to win on this occasion which is all that matters.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Neves brilliant again. Personally think Raul has been rejuvenated the last 2 performance after being left. Could say the same for Kilman after being rested for Watford.

Just want to touch on Dendoncker’s 2nd half performance. Absolutely sensational positionally. We are all aware of his technical limitations. But one other poster mentioned imagining Sanches today in Donk’s shoes. I don’t quite understand why this forum has such a hard on for him but I am salivating at the fact it’s most likely going to be a better more experienced MGW than we’ve seen before playing in that role next season.

Nivada

Reaction score
Didn’t really create much against a poor Everton side who played with 10 for a decent chunk of the match. This concerns me slightly but we did enough to win on this occasion which is all that matters.
I think if they were really desperate to create more chances they could of done it's just early in the second half they realised they had the skill to just keep the ball against this Everton side.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think if they were really desperate to create more chances they could of done it's just early in the second half they realised they had the skill to just keep the ball against this Everton side.
Problem with that is you leave yourself open to a goal from nothing. Not that they really threatened but it only takes a few seconds to score.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a risky game holding onto a 1 goal lead and I hate watching it. That Townsend free kick was in a dangerous place and could’ve easily gone in, that came from Saiss passing back to Sa under no real pressure and Sa miss kicking it. It would be completely different on here tonight and Lage would be crucified for such a negative line up. Fine margins

Back
Top Bottom