Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton Verdict

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a freind years ago who went to the States to do a Masters. He would write to me and address it to c/o and a name that would not pass the filter but I will give you a clue. First part - it comes out of your bottom. Second part is face.
My 'to be' wife saw the envelope and later when we had our offspring she called him son of 'the offending word'. She could wax lyrical when she wanted.
Your babbie is called ****headson?!! Wow, character building stuff.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to feel really. Obviously the 3 points are the most important thing, and its great to keep another clean sheet away. But, wasn't it a bit dull? It's fine when we hold out and nick the win, but it's another game where we haven't really threatened the opposition goal (despite having a lot of possession) and played a lot of square and backwards passes... Seems that Marcal symbolises this - solid defensively but offers little attacking threat... Perhaps I should just shut up and enjoy looking at the table...

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We started quite poorly but it became apparent the game plan was to draw in a desperate Everton team and wait for them to run out of steam before playing little tiki-taka triangles then suddenly opening up the game and waltzing through the midfield like it wasn't there.

For Everton I thought Grant looked a handful, and I've always liked Richarlison but he simply wasn't given the support today.

For us, whilst we did look better when the sacrificial lamb Hwang went off, I thought he looked pretty lively while he was on - I much prefer him down the middle.

After the lackluster first half, Neves ran the show in the second. Every touch oozed quality and he's clearly brimming with confidence. Great to see Kilman return with an assured display, striding into the Everton half unchallenged at times and infuriating their toxic fans, who didn't surprised me as they started to empty out at 76 minutes - shocking from a team who, not that long ago, hounded out Alex Nyarko for the colour of his skin.

Sa 6.5
Coady 8
Saïss 7
Kilman 7
Jonny 7
Dendoncker 7
Neves 9
Moutinho 7
Marcal 7
Raul 7
Hwang 6.5

Subs:

Podence 7
Trincao 6.5
Silva 6.5

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you understand what he was saying? It's not difficult to read through your post before you press reply.
Does it matter if there's spelling or grammar mistakes. He's writing on a football forum not sitting his GCSE's. Majority of us on ere am from the black country we ay bothered about the queen's English

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen this on the Everton forum.

Perspective!

14 December 2013.... we smashed Fulham 4-1 just 10 days after breaking the Old Trafford curse to move into the top four.

On the same night, Wolves lost 2-0 at home in a League One match against MK Dons.

I have never understood these types of posts on any forum. Teams progress, teams falter.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman and Neves the stand-out players for me. Amazed that Lampard appears to have forgotten the importance of fielding a competitive midfield - could have driven a combine-harvester through Everton's midfield at times today.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does it matter if there's spelling or grammar mistakes. He's writing on a football forum not sitting his GCSE's. Majority of us on ere am from the black country we ay bothered about the queen's English

Bang on @SquaddieWolf and knowing I both nailed a C at GCSE in 2014 and happened to get a 2:2 at University - when the odds were stacked against me being Autistic, I don't think I need a lecture from anyone about my words! ;)

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bang on @SquaddieWolf and knowing I both nailed a C at GCSE in 2014 and happened to get a 2:2 at University - when the odds were stacked against me being Autistic, I don't think I need a lecture from anyone about my words! ;)

You don't need to explain yourself. It was a bit harsh to single you out in the first place

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to feel really. Obviously the 3 points are the most important thing, and its great to keep another clean sheet away. But, wasn't it a bit dull? It's fine when we hold out and nick the win, but it's another game where we haven't really threatened the opposition goal (despite having a lot of possession) and played a lot of square and backwards passes... Seems that Marcal symbolises this - solid defensively but offers little attacking threat... Perhaps I should just shut up and enjoy looking at the table...

I understand your point, but I think this is the genesis of a new Wolves. Under Bruno, we are progressively becoming the dominant team Nuno talked about. The other day it allowed us to hammer Watford, and then conserve our energy while looking for chances to add the odd goal. Today, it allowed us take control after that weird start, get a well deserved goal, and then keep Everton at bay without really breaking sweat. It’s still a long way to go before we can match a team like City across a season, but I imagine that’s the aim (eventually).

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen this on the Everton forum.

Perspective!

14 December 2013.... we smashed Fulham 4-1 just 10 days after breaking the Old Trafford curse to move into the top four.

On the same night, Wolves lost 2-0 at home in a League One match against MK Dons.
Ancient history... Why not 20, 30, 50 or even 100 years ago... Equally relevant.

Nivada

Reaction score
I understand your point, but I think this is the genesis of a new Wolves. Under Bruno, we are progressively becoming the dominant team Nuno talked about. The other day it allowed us to hammer Watford, and then conserve our energy while looking for chances to add the odd goal. Today, it allowed us take control after that weird start, get a well deserved goal, and then keep Everton at bay without really breaking sweat. It’s still a long way to go before we can match a team like City across a season, but I imagine that’s the aim (eventually).
This is a great point, to be fair Everton were down to ten men for a portion of it but we're pushing further and further up the pitch during those crucial last 20 minutes. Even before the red card today we were well above Everton in possession stats.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We started quite poorly but it became apparent the game plan was to draw in a desperate Everton team and wait for them to run out of steam before playing little tiki-taka triangles then suddenly opening up the game and waltzing through the midfield like it wasn't there.

For Everton I thought Grant looked a handful, and I've always liked Richarlison but he simply wasn't given the support today.

For us, whilst we did look better when the sacrificial lamb Hwang went off, I thought he looked pretty lively while he was on - I much prefer him down the middle.

After the lackluster first half, Neves ran the show in the second. Every touch oozed quality and he's clearly brimming with confidence. Great to see Kilman return with an assured display, striding into the Everton half unchallenged at times and infuriating their toxic fans, who didn't surprised me as they started to empty out at 76 minutes - shocking from a team who, not that long ago, hounded out Alex Nyarko for the colour of his skin.

Sa 6.5
Coady 8
Saïss 7
Kilman 7
Jonny 7
Dendoncker 7
Neves 9
Moutinho 7
Marcal 7
Raul 7
Hwang 6.5

Subs:

Podence 7
Trincao 6.5
Silva 6.5
6.5 for Sa? I thought he dealt with everything superbly well,even if they were mostly offside he didnt know that at the time

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without a doubt neves is head and shoulders above anything else we have.a football master.were so lucky to have him
We are very lucky to have him. And particularly lucky to have had him in the Championship, that was frankly ridiculous. I'm not sure about 'head and shoulders' though... RAN, Jonny, Moutinho, Kilman and Sa (arguably the Pod too) are all at least shoulder level talent-wise. His potential level is almost limitless though, kid's got the lot in terms of defensive midfielder, breaks up play, makes time for himself, has vision, touch, passing range, everything.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the post--seems only you have an issue with reading it --perhaps you should visit your local Early Learning Centre to see if they can help you.
The OP starts quote 'That is last season's point last total BEATEN with 9 games to go.' That is not English. I know in the scheme of things it's no big deal but can't people check their post before posting. Anyway I apologise to Kashmire esp when there are a million more things to get concerned about. Sorry.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can you understand what he was saying? It's not difficult to read through your post before you press reply.
It was perfectly understandable and he made an interesting point, there was just one superfluous word which I didn’t even notice first time as I read it quickly. Even if it had have been difficult to understand why would you even comment on it? Over the years I have read many posts I don’t understand but I simply scroll on by rather than being critical and hijacking a thread.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy with 3 pts of course.
But why pick such a defensive starting 11 when we have no problems in terms of league position.... we could be so much more entertaining.
And why Trincao when we already know we're not going to keep him and Chiquinho looks so much better.
And above everything else, please give Ruben Neves whatever he wants to sign a new contract.......... whatever!!!
Prepare to be disappointed when we keep Trincao.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It was perfectly understandable and he made an interesting point, there was just one superfluous word which I didn’t even notice first time as I read it quickly. Even if it had have been difficult to understand why would you even comment on it? Over the years I have read many posts I don’t understand but I simply scroll on by rather than being critical and hijacking a thread.
Human brain trained to to miss superfluous words when a sentence already makes sense

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Human brain trained to to miss superfluous words when a sentence already makes sense
I see what you did there ;)

Exactly, we scan read. I remember seeing a piece of writing where they jumbled up the middle letters of all of the words, leaving the first and last letter as they should be, and you could read it fairly quickly with it all making sense.

Last edited:

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
My God!
The Everton forum is toxic tonight!

Sacking Lampard and getting Agent Sam is gaining traction!

One funny quote:
'I'm going on the dragons den my idea is to become a football agent I will get **** poor players and sell them to Everton for 20 30 40 million a pop boom I will make a fortune might as well get some pleasure out of supporting us '

Back
Top Bottom