Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton, surely a points deduction?

fleck1

Reaction score
I thought the 10 points had been levied by an Independent Commission, not the Premier league,
I believe it has but there is nothing in place as guidance for punishment. Surely if you are going to enforce FFP or whatever they decide to call it, you have to have sanctions and guidance for them in place and not just wing it.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shambles, basically cutting them enough slack to stay up. The later you leave the decision, the more the PL know how many points to dish out, so their favourites can stay up. They are using their power, like they do with VAR, to make sure they control who are going to be the top clubs.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a surprise. But some defending the whole farce. Abolish the idea immediately, it is worthless.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, Wolves have lost more points to fk VAR than Everton have for financial rule breach.
That's true and shocking in equal measure. Wonder if we can overspend by £6m this year and our appeal is to blame our shortfall on VAR?

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mum to errant daughter: "RIGHT, I'VE HAD ENOUGH! YOU'RE GROUNDED!!"

Mum after 10 minutes of daughter stomping around sulking: "Okay, well, I think you've learned your lesson. Yes, you can go out tonight. But if you end up back at that crack den slumped over a barstool with your naked **** in the air again, I swear there'll be trouble next time."

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said, if one breach is worth 6 points that will surely be the punishment for Forest, but you would imagine a continual breach is worthy of another 3 points so dock them 9 for this season and then 12 next season

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a bloke on twitter last week who was adamant that they were getting the deduction reduced from 10pts to 6pts. I was going to post, but forgot. Can't say I'm overly shocked, but I do think Everton have been treated rather kindly in the grand scheme of things.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a surprise. But some defending the whole farce. Abolish the idea immediately, it is worthless.
Ummm, you might be right.
But don’t then join in with fans crying and moaning when they end up with an owner that over extends themselves and cause the club to get wound up.

Fans always trot out the argument they shouldn’t be allowed to go out of business because the club is so important to the community, but then want the scope to overspend in a manor that would bankrupt any other business.

Imagine the wining of Everton fans in a couple of years time if the club was wound up….

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s only 6 points with no transfer ban or other punishments, I can see some clubs using it as a precedent to completely ignore these rules in the summer.
That’s still a huge risk imo.

Imagine going £20m over to get that striker you desperately need and happily take a 6 point hit only for him to flop or do his ACL in his first game and you end up being relegated by a point.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But don’t then join in with fans crying and moaning when they end up with an owner that over extends themselves and cause the club to get wound up.

Fans always trot out the argument they shouldn’t be allowed to go out of business because the club is so important to the community, but then want the scope to overspend in a manor that would bankrupt any other business.

Imagine the wining of Everton fans in a couple of years time if the club was wound up….

We always hear about clubs getting wound up, how many times has it actually happened?

And what is overspending? If an owner wants to dip into his pocket then surely he should be able to?

Madmalc

Reaction score
I suspect that there may be the new Government appointed head for football before the end of the season and even the 6 points will get quashed..
The most interesting thing is that every industry that the Government has got involved in has more or less died a death.
All punishments will then be decided on whether the incumbent Government thinks not issuing points deductions will be a vote winner in a marginal constituency..

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We always hear about clubs getting wound up, how many times has it actually happened?

And what is overspending? If an owner wants to dip into his pocket then surely he should be able to?
Ermm, Liverpool, Spurs and Manchester United would like to disagree.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect that there may be the new Government appointed head for football before the end of the season and even the 6 points will get quashed..
The most interesting thing is that every industry that the Government has got involved in has more or less died a death.
All punishments will then be decided on whether the incumbent Government thinks not issuing points deductions will be a vote winner in a marginal constituency..
Maybe the government could use football as a new "levelling up"? So clubs in relatively affluent areas like Brighton or Fulham have to donate points to those in poorer regions like us? And we can all quietly forget about the really rancid areas like West Birmingham.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Maybe the government could use football as a new "levelling up"? So clubs in relatively affluent areas like Brighton or Fulham have to donate points to those in poorer regions like us? And we can all quietly forget about the really rancid areas like West Birmingham.
It wouldn't be worded like that, but it could happen.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I am doing just that ... it sounds like music to my ears. :D

They won't get wound up. They are a boring, ummemorable, pointless club and they only exist to wind everyone else up. Even when they broke Liverpool's tiresome monopoly on the league in the late 70's/early 80's, Everton won the league playing such forgettable football, nobody can remember anything about it.

Strange club, and odd how they manage to sustain themselves in the top division, given their rivals at the other end of the park have been so far ahead of them for most of my 50 years watching. AFAIK, they have no global presence. When abroad, I've never ever seen one foreigner with an Everton shirt, yet there's millions of the Sky 6 + Newcastle, WHam, Villa all over the globe. Wouldn't be surprised if their global fan base is smaller than ours.

Have felt they are dying in agonisingly slow motion for 30 years now. If ever they do get relegated, not sure they would ever come back. They could easily become an almost permanent lower league club like Preston, Bury, Huddersfield or Glossop North End that grandads go on about: "used to be really good back in my day" and the kids will think he's being daft old grandad again.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was only recently that they were talking about them being in facing more charges due to more recently breaching the rules again and getting another deduction , so now likely to have 2 small deductions which will have less effect

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton fans saying it is all so unjust but are hoping Forest get a severe points deduction so Everton will avoid relegation !!
Some people are very thick

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There have been a few, they normally come back pheonix style. Didn’t Hereford do this??

I kinda agree about letting an owner just put money in… but what happens if that owner personally goes bust? And the club has debts? It still all goes boobs up….

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There have been a few, they normally come back pheonix style. Didn’t Hereford do this??

I kinda agree about letting an owner just put money in… but what happens if that owner personally goes bust? And the club has debts? It still all goes boobs up….

Owners should be able to put in what they want up to a higher limit as long as they personally underwrite the debt or provide the cash, so the club doesn’t carry the burden. Spending over a certain limit requires a tax to be shared by the other clubs.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe the points deduction and now a ‘correction’ is the PL slowly showing that the rules are going to be enforced.
It’s a warning shot across the bows to all PL clubs.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am doing just that ... it sounds like music to my ears. :D

They won't get wound up. They are a boring, ummemorable, pointless club and they only exist to wind everyone else up. Even when they broke Liverpool's tiresome monopoly on the league in the late 70's/early 80's, Everton won the league playing such forgettable football, nobody can remember anything about it.

Strange club, and odd how they manage to sustain themselves in the top division, given their rivals at the other end of the park have been so far ahead of them for most of my 50 years watching. AFAIK, they have no global presence. When abroad, I've never ever seen one foreigner with an Everton shirt, yet there's millions of the Sky 6 + Newcastle, WHam, Villa all over the globe. Wouldn't be surprised if their global fan base is smaller than ours.

Have felt they are dying in agonisingly slow motion for 30 years now. If ever they do get relegated, not sure they would ever come back. They could easily become an almost permanent lower league club like Preston, Bury, Huddersfield or Glossop North End that grandads go on about: "used to be really good back in my day" and the kids will think he's being daft old grandad again.

I have never seen a Villa, West Ham, or Newcastle shirt in any Spanish city that is not a tourist area, with a British person wearing it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have never seen a Villa, West Ham, or Newcastle shirt in any Spanish city that is not a tourist area, with a British person wearing it.

Seen foreign Newcastle supporters abroad. Was being too polite about Villa and West Ham and letting my dislike of Everton take over. Does Wales count as abroad? I know a West Ham fan there :D On Everton, not sure I've ever met an Everton fan anywhere! (and I have spent some time working in Liverpool.)

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Everton, not sure I've ever met an Everton fan anywhere! (and I have spent some time working in Liverpool.)

I’d never met one “in the wild” until very recently when, on a trip to Dublin, I got chatting about football to the bloke who runs the Leo Burdock’s chip shop in Temple Bar who, it turns out, is a Toffees fan. Nice chap. Nice chips too.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour has it that 777 have pulled out of buying EFC and the NY Yankees owner is lined up to take them over.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it's 10-4 and +6 in a couple of weeks? set the precedent now at 6 points as acceptable for the misdemeanour, then hit them with the next 6. Seems like it might be a strategy.

Back
Top Bottom