Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton, surely a points deduction?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You cant buy a team these days look at chelse spunking on all of those players.

Youd want us to spend 300m on players for a potential minus 6 and then future issues down the line nah. Minus 6 is still enough detterent

minus 6 would put newcastle in bottom half
I'm not sure I'm even going to buy the logic that they'd have not earned 6 more points if they werent hamstrung by injuries and not able to pad out the squad due to FFP.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said back on Jan 15th that it was being widely reported that Everton would win points back on appeal.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It should be a sliding scale (spoiler, it won't be).

Really hope the Geordies crack the book open now. ****ing PL, absolutely weak.
I know we've done the speeding fine analogy to death, but this really feels like being on the motorway

71 mph 3pts
120 mph 3pts

No natural justice.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we've done the speeding fine analogy to death, but this really feels like being on the motorway

71 mph 3pts
120 mph 3pts

No natural justice.
Manchester City - Nothing and all the trophies available.

Football is farcical at times.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would think that Nottingham Forest are concerned. Everton now go above them in the table, and who knows what further punishment awaits both clubs.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In all seriousness, to me this shows the premier league cannot regulate. They don't have the necessary tools and expertise just based on the lack of people who can do a decent job. It's a shame, but it is what it is. The government stepping in to get some bloody adults in the room has a better argument than ever (whether they would actually help I don't know. Football is the most cynical part of my life in many ways).

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will Leeds and Leicester now sue for compensation as lets face it Everton's deduction should have relegated them last season

Leicester are the club with the biggest claim as they're the only ones that would've stayed up.

But I suppose Leeds could argue that Everton took 4 points off them too maybe?

Everton took 3 points off Southampton as well, so they might have a go at suing too, on the basis that a win for them would have seen a 6 point swing, and although they wouldn't have stayed up, they would have received more prize money for finishing above Everton. Especially as both Everton goals in a 2-1 win were scored by Dwight McNeil and Conor Coady, new signings for 22/23!

Still a lot to come out in the wash.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next round of hearings need to be done and dusted with outcome by April 8th

Likely end of March hearing dates

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Forest hearing was last week?
No shock on the reduction but be very interesting with Forests punishment and the repeat offence of Everton

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Forest hearing was last week?
No shock on the reduction but be very interesting with Forests punishment and the repeat offence of Everton
Nottingham Forest will be told this week the date for their hearing after being charged by the Premier League for breaching its profit and sustainability rules, it is claimed.

And it is also understood by The i that the Reds will face an independent commission within the first fortnight of March. Forest were charged by the Premier League back in January.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This gutless decision by the league sets a dangerous precedent. Everton didn't just flout the rules, they gleefully ****ed on them. And their punishment is 6 points? What's to stop Newcastle spunking a billion up the wall now, knowing the precedent is merely the equivalent of two league defeats?

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I've understood correctly, which is a big 'if', then the three-year rolling period rule means that Everton breached FFP in two consecutive periods. Their argument about double jeopardy seems tenuous to me as they knew and signed up to the rules for the three-year rolling, which, by definition, will always include two years from the previous period (provided the club in question had been in the EPL that duration).

Thus, if they are found to have breached in the second period a minimum of six points should be deducted from this season's tally, many would argue more as it is an effective continuous breach.

Messy.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When all done and dusted, an absolute precedent will have been set for punishments before and after an appeal.

Is it worth going £30m over in order to obtain that striker a team is desperate for?

If the punishment is 6 points and his potential goals worth 7 points over the season, then yes - particularly if those goals win a CL place or secure survival.

Transfer budgets can now be built with these sorts of equations in mind. I wonder who would have wanted Viktor Gyökeres if it meant a six point penalty?

fleck1

Reaction score
The premier league have dug themselves a hole by not having sanctions in place or a guideline for punishment, at the moment they are just plucking sanctions out of the air. If there was guidance in place first breach x amount of points, second breach x amount and so on and then added points per percentage over the allowed losses everyone knows where they stand, not some independent body just throwing numbers out there.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will Leeds and Leicester now sue for compensation as lets face it Everton's deduction should have relegated them last season

Leicester City has always said that once the appeal was over, they would seek compensation, along with Burnley and Leeds United. Everton could face a bill well in excess of £100 million.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The premier league have dug themselves a hole by not having sanctions in place or a guideline for punishment, at the moment they are just plucking sanctions out of the air. If there was guidance in place first breach x amount of points, second breach x amount and so on and then added points per percentage over the allowed losses everyone knows where they stand, not some independent body just throwing numbers out there.
I thought the 10 points had been levied by an Independent Commission, not the Premier league,

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester City has always said that once the appeal was over, they would seek compensation, along with Burnley and Leeds United. Everton could face a bill well in excess of £100 million.
Good. I just hope they go through with it and not bottle the compensation claims. Leicester and Leeds are likely to get promoted and may not want to rock the boat.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good. I just hope they go through with it and not bottle the compensation claims. Leicester and Leeds are likely to get promoted and may not want to rock the boat.

From what I know, I believe Leicester want compensation for loss of revenue this season. I presume Leeds will do likewise.

epic

Groupie
Reaction score
Everton fans saying it is all so unjust but are hoping Forest get a severe points deduction so Everton will avoid relegation !!

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the 10 points had been levied by an Independent Commission, not the Premier league,
Yeah, the Premier league wanted a 12 point deduction, the commission gave 10 and they end up with 6 !!!!!

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s be honest they should have gone down last season so should have an automatic relegation

Back
Top Bottom