Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton, surely a points deduction?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may not see any comparison, but cheating and getting away with it on the field is where it begins. Clubs see that cheating is not only tolerated, but actively encouraged. Managers tell players to feign injury and dive for penalties, etc..... They train them to do so. Players and clubs are rewarded for doing so and so it goes up the greasy-pole to the boardroom. It is no wonder that clubs then see cheating the system as the 'norm' and rules don't apply to them.
You may not see any correlation, but cheating shouldn't be accepted at any level and if it was stamped out at lower levels, perhaps it wouldn't reach Everton's and Man City's and Nottingham Forest's and Chelsea's levels. It may be "nonsense" to you, but it's the thin end of the wedge and is a blight on what used to be called 'the beautiful game'.

Cheating is cheating. Where did I say one is acceptable and one isn’t?

I said comparing the two or suggesting the two as being equal is nonsense. Because it is…..

All elite sport involves cheating and finding “gamesmanship” opportunities are coached into youngsters. I had an England rugby captain at the time teach us sooooo many illegal and “gamesmanship” acts in our academy side. He said “elite sport is about winning and winning is done by those who cheat the best without getting caught.”

Cricketers are taught how to “tamper” with the ball subtly to speed up being able to get more movement out of it.

But the two scenarios of on field cheating and essentially committing financial “doping” are significantly different in severity and the values and ethics of the league structure and competition.

One player diving doesn’t compare to a team systematically cheating the whole league financial structure for three years relegating teams who didn’t because they had multiple players who they shouldn’t have been able to afford. So Everton cheated just by having players cross the whitewash…… before they even kicked a ball they cheated…. That is way worse than any dive or feigning injury.

Cheating by having multiple players you shouldn’t is way worse as that is cheating multiple times a game timesed by the number of fixtures so having only 3 players you shouldn’t means you have cheated 114 times before a ball is kicked…… now add on how many point winning/match altering moments those players contribute.

I doubt with almost categorical certainty podence flopping around even comes close to touching that number of incidents of cheating and points won by cheating to that done by Everton………

Players cheat, every team has players that cheat. So that cheating almost cancels each other out. But the FFP cheating is cheating on a level i find deplorable and should see significant and harsh punishments like relegation. But to do it in concurrent seasons for me shows a level of cheating and deliberate actions to do so that the book should have been thrown at them!!!!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there a tactic that Everton escape relegation by 9+ points and then go into administration this season knowing they are safe?
Any deduction for admin would be the start of next season.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's an interesting question, given that one of the groups owed money has a charge on the new stadium, whether they could do that. I suspect not.
Presumably groups owed money would keep it but charge Everton to play in it….not certain if Everton can stay in Goodison (presumably this is already sold). Maybe playing at Sixfields like Coventry did then.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that’s Leicester and Everton starting next season on minus points.
Can we start a Teams who cannot catch us 2024/25 thread. Add in Chelsea and Man City for their (alleged) breaches. Not certain if Forest could fall foul again. Villa and Newcastle potentially also need to sell…..maybe next season will be a good one!!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we start a Teams who cannot catch us 2024/25 thread. Add in Chelsea and Man City for their (alleged) breaches. Not certain if Forest could fall foul again. Villa and Newcastle potentially also need to sell…..maybe next season will be a good one!!
Only a few more and we're guaranteed champions league.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would take Dwight McNeil, been class this season.
He would thrive in our set-up as a left-sided forward with Ait-Nouri overlapping on the wing from deep, and he could tuck in and add to midfield when required. Good set pieces too.

The kind of underrated player who would finally be noticed properly if he came here, a more consistent Sarabia.

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
He would thrive in our set-up as a left-sided forward with Ait-Nouri overlapping on the wing from deep, and he could tuck in and add to midfield when required. Good set pieces too.

The kind of underrated player who would finally be noticed properly if he came here, a more consistent Sarabia.
To be honest the Everton fans have been less than complimentary about him to say the least

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No thanks.

Onana struggles to get in their starting 11, Branthwaite was rubbish last season and he’s so so.

Pickford is ok, but makes big mistakes. Sa is just as good imo.

All about opinions, I know, but there are better players we could get.

Did you watch much of the Dutch league last season then?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you watch much of the Dutch league last season then?
Ja heb ik gedaan (yes I did) :)

Actually I didn’t, must have been the season before, but I still don’t rate him.

Bit of hype going around about him and his value, but there you go.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
"BBC Sport understands the club are not taking insolvency advice,, external but are considering ways of restructuring its short-term debt to make it more manageable.

The club owes about £400m to numerous third-party firms, with much of the loans being used towards the building of the new stadium.

It is believed there is currently not a threat of administration as the club remain up to date with payments to stakeholders such as the players, staff, stadium construction company Laing O'Rourke and HMRC."

Who do you believe, Guardian or the Beeb?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
"BBC Sport understands the club are not taking insolvency advice,, external but are considering ways of restructuring its short-term debt to make it more manageable.

The club owes about £400m to numerous third-party firms, with much of the loans being used towards the building of the new stadium.

It is believed there is currently not a threat of administration as the club remain up to date with payments to stakeholders such as the players, staff, stadium construction company Laing O'Rourke and HMRC."

Who do you believe, Guardian or the Beeb?
Do they actually contradict each other? The Guardian is saying Teneo can advise on insolvency and restructuring. The BBC is saying they are just advising on restructuring (basically because 777 have no money!).

Back
Top Bottom