Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton, surely a points deduction?

westy

Reaction score
I remember that side so well. Sadly one of them, Tommy Baldwin, passed away this week. John Hollins died last year. Peter Osgood had a heart attack at a family funeral and died. Peter Houseman was killed along with his wife and two friends in a car crash caused by a drunk driver. Alan Hudson was knocked down by a car and ended up in a homeless hostel. Peter Bonetti died after a long illness. Terry Venables also died not so long ago.
It's being so cheerful keeps you going!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sure, but the PL have determined that Forest and Everton have broken their rules and have recommended that an independent comittee rule on the punishments. Nothing to do with Government, and there is no Govt appointed governing body with oversight, or Govt funding of the PL, so the DCMS can say what they like, but it is not a Govt issue.
The cynical view is that they've only actually been punished because of the threat of a government appointed regulator to make them get their house in order.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When do we find out if forest and everton will have points deducted?

I think Everton's punishment has to wait until their appeal for the original punishment has been heard, so that one won't be until after the end of the season.

Forest's might be sooner, as there's no other charge getting in the way.

Could be a messy end to the season.

Looks like they are now fast-tracking Everton's appeal, to be done in the next week and decision by mid Feb.

I suspect that will be so they can then dish out Everton's and Forest's punishment for this season before the end of the season.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like they are now fast-tracking Everton's appeal, to be done in the next week and decision by mid Feb.

I suspect that will be so they can then dish out Everton's and Forest's punishment for this season before the end of the season.
Everton's appeal starts tomorrow for 3 days the result to be announced within 2 to 3 weeks.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
absolutely no sympathy for them!

Didn't heed the warnings that they were given and now they play the victim card. Embarrassing! They’ve got nobody to blame but themselves. The sheer arrogance they showed when the warnings were given and their attitude was “nah, we need some new midfielders because we we’ll go down otherwise”.

Now play the victims by saying “the fans are being punished by these rules , it’s not our fault”.

No! It is your fault for the complete and utter…and embarrassing mismanagement of a football club!

They thought they were too big and nothing would happen!

Unlucky Toffees!!!!

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
can this be viewed without the paywall?
I managed to read it, wouldn't have posted the link otherwise. Crux of it is a letter Masters has written replying to questions asked by high- profile "Evertonians" such as ex Bank of England guy Mark Carney. Defends the process whereby the commission rules on their transgressions and states they were questioned several times how their spending was going to within FFP rules.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I managed to read it, wouldn't have posted the link otherwise. Crux of it is a letter Masters has written replying to questions asked by high- profile "Evertonians" such as ex Bank of England guy Mark Carney. Defends the process whereby the commission rules on their transgressions and states they were questioned several times how their spending was going to within FFP rules.

Throw the book at them, Wolves and others have been honest , they haven't.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton fans have conveniently chosen to ignore any of this, preferring to play the victim.
Even worse, they claim that they're fighting this for the sake of all other clubs, with Andy Burnham leading the charge for justice on a white horse.

Rowzed

Reaction score
If they are in the bottom three at the end of the season, can we apply for any unused deduction to be carried over to next season - a bit like they did with their accounting?

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton fans have conveniently chosen to ignore any of this, preferring to play the victim.

Even worse, they claim that they're fighting this for the sake of all other clubs, with Andy Burnham leading the charge for justice on a white horse.

“Justice “ is exactly what they will get. But they won’t like it.

But what the hell has it got to do with Burnham or Mark Carney?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard the same they needed to move him on but wanted 50m. I don't see who pays 50m for Ramsay particularly in the current FFP climate

It amazes me that there are a series of midfield players like Ramsay and Gallagher who are being touted around for those sorts of figures!

They're not that much better than Tommy Doyle for example in terms of overall ability and work-rate.

I suppose it comes down to goals. A midfield player who can chip in between 5-10 goals a season clearly adds a significant premium.

Lemina will be worth a fortune by the end of the season then!!

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some Everton guy on Talk Sport now being asked 'Everton knew the rules and broke them', fascinating that he just responded with a smoke and mirrors response of 'its a grey area, there is confusion' etc. They seem to be in denial that they have done anything wrong, it seems to be irrelevant to their cause.

imgine a defence in court, 'so your client was found holding the gun'....'ah, yes, but what is a gun, and is murder actually a real thing or an illusion'

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Some Everton guy on Talk Sport now being asked 'Everton knew the rules and broke them', fascinating that he just responded with a smoke and mirrors response of 'its a grey area, there is confusion' etc. They seem to be in denial that they have done anything wrong, it seems to be irrelevant to their cause.

imgine a defence in court, 'so your client was found holding the gun'....'ah, yes, but what is a gun, and is murder actually a real thing or an illusion'
Not sure that excuse works. Our club knew pretty much down to the last penny what the limits were and what they needed to do to pass. Forest knew what they needed to do as well but got greedy and it’s gonna cost them. I don’t think any club can say that the rules and limits were unclear.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Appeal over isn't it . Two weeks I think they may either stay the same or get more points taken, but because of double counting for this year may get nothing for that. It's a fair argument they are punished once and therefore that should be discounted probably for the next reporting year

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In regard to Everton and forest etc once your done they should basically say the best reporting year must be within I don't know 10m.losses and then If they breach that punishment them

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest & Everton have to be deducted, we kept our house in order and that needs rewarding by doing these cheats.
Agreed. Everton’s argument is like driving at 100mph down the motorway for 50 miles

Got caught by 7 speed cameras and then saying last 6 shouldn’t count as first one got me.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton fans will hate that Forest are facing similar punishments. They'd rather be exclusively persecuted for being Everton FC because that was their narrative throughout the first points deduction.

Back
Top Bottom