Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton, surely a points deduction?

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not huge amounts but also Leo Shahar and Harvey Owen?

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goncalves maybe? Pretty sure we ended up with a decent chunk for him

Unless they're looking at purely homegrown players. Iorfa and Hause perhaps added a bit?
So a fuller list:

Mgw
Doherty
Batth
Giles
Sanderson
Ronan
Hause
Iorfa

Any others?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s unlikely more than one or two will do it at the same time so probably won’t impact prices. Most teams have one player they can offload such as MGW at Forest or Palhina at Fulham that will make a big inroad into their problems and such players will be in demand. Chelsea will just offload a couple to Saudi.

This summer......

Arsenal - have to sell to buy
Chelsea - have to sell to buy
Man United - have to sell to buy
Newcastle - have to sell to buy
Forest - have to sell to reduce costs for FFP
Everton - have to sell to reduce costs for FFP
Palace - have to sell to reduce costs for FFP

Those are just the ones we know about.

Like you say, there could be a boat load of players heading to Saudi this summer!

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have seen 10m a year quoted as annual costs so looks like decent profit in Las 4 years.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So a fuller list:

Mgw
Doherty
Batth
Giles
Sanderson
Ronan
Hause
Iorfa

Any others?

Loads have been released for nothing, but the ones we got fees for in the 2019-2023 period also includes:

Owen Otasowie
Taylor Perry
Lewis Richards
Meritan Shabani
Benny Ashley-Seal

Jack Price was in 2018, but we got a decent fee for him.

Not sure Kortney Hause counts as an academy graduate having come in from Wycombe (in the same way Kilman isn't really an academy graduate).

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This summer......

Like you say, there could be a boat load of players heading to Saudi this summer!
Problem is a lot of players won't want to go, it may be mega money but the lifestyle is nothing compared to over here as Henderson has found out. Obviously there are very strict laws with no exemptions for footballers. If you're not married to your partner you can't live in the same house as them. Also if you don't stay over for 2 years and cone back supposedly you get absolutely rinsed on tax so you've got to be committed to stay over there for at least 2 years. I'm not so sure you will see many players at all particularly those in their relative prime moving over this summer.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is a lot of players won't want to go, it may be mega money but the lifestyle is nothing compared to over here as Henderson has found out. Obviously there are very strict laws with no exemptions for footballers. If you're not married to your partner you can't live in the same house as them. Also if you don't stay over for 2 years and cone back supposedly you get absolutely rinsed on tax so you've got to be committed to stay over there for at least 2 years. I'm not so sure you will see many players at all particularly those in their relative prime moving over this summer.

And that will create an issue for clubs wanting to offload players for good money like Man United and Newcastle.

Newcastle are desperate for Almiron to go to Saudi, but he's not interested.

Can see loads of situations like Jonny's here, where contracts are mutually terminated to get players off wage bills.

More free transfers than ever before this summer.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Chelsea could be automatically relegated lol

It would be wonderful to see. They could return to being that club from South West London who in the seventies and eighties spent about equal time in the second tier as the top.

Living down here in one of the main breeding habitats for the species known as Sky Six Supporters ( the South West to give the correct geographical term ! ) the thought of all those middle aged Chelsea fans who claim to have always followed them but cannot recall anyone called Peter Osgood, Alan Hudson or Charlie Cook playing for them joining their fellow glory hunting Manure muppets in filling their Charity Bags full of gear is one to bring me a great deal of joy !!!!

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that will create an issue for clubs wanting to offload players for good money like Man United and Newcastle.

Can see loads of situations like Jonny's here, where contracts are mutually terminated to get players off wage bills.

But again with “mutual” (as with Almiron) the player holds the cards.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This summer......

Other than Palace they’ve all got players there will be takers for.

Arsenal: Nketia, Smith-Rowe, Nelson plus a few others
Chelsea: Lukaku, Broja, Challobah, Collwill
Newcastle : Guimeres
MU: Antony, Casemiro, Maguire
Forest: MGW
Everton: Pickford, Onana

Might affect them a little but I can’t see it impacting the overall market significantly.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just thinking about it now.

For all my moaning, are we the former Championship club who have established themselves best in the Prem over the past 10 years?

Maybe Palace too?

It feels too early for Brentford (and particularly Forest) to make that claim.

Maybe the Wolves blueprint isn't bad.

Edit: oh wait, Brighton blow us out the water here!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think that that will ever happen. It would be the PL committing suicide. If they were daft enough to relegate City and Chelsea, they would leave and not come back as they would be the nucleus of the new European Super League with the likes of Real Madrid, Juventus, Barca. Once the exit of the top teams starts from the PL, it won't stop

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Might affect them a little but I can’t see it impacting the overall market significantly.

Palace have got Olise, Guehi and Eze too, who there will be plenty of takers for.

Like I say though, when so many clubs are looking to sell at the same time, it does create a bit of over-supply.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does it include players who were still at an academy age and therefore eligible when sold? That might skew it somewhat as Rafa Mir was.
Its not clear....

Judging from the total amount income from sales, then possibly.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
In terms of getting back in the rules I think the clubs like Palace who have academy products for clear profit will be OK, whereas Chelsea's brilliant idea of over-paying for players and then putting the on huge wages and long contracts, means that they'll have huge problems getting them off the books even at a loss.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In terms of getting back in the rules I think the clubs like Palace who have academy products for clear profit will be OK, whereas Chelsea's brilliant idea of over-paying for players and then putting the on huge wages and long contracts, means that they'll have huge problems getting them off the books even at a loss.

Chelsea's strategy was to buy and hold those players. To build a team with the potential to grow and develop into a great team together.

While they sell off the academy players like Gallagher, Broja and Colwill to fund the costs with pure profit.

They've been ridiculed a lot this season, but we won't really know for another couple of seasons whether it was a very clever long-term strategy. Particularly given the backdrop of everything else that's going on with other clubs.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought they all live outside the country anyway? Then just travel in and out of Saudi for the matches.

Still can't be much fun though and a massive culture shock. Nice to see it immediately falling on its ****.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Olise and Eze would be in demand from Palace albeit that they'd have to be desperate or insane to let them go.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought they all live outside the country anyway? Then just travel in and out of Saudi for the matches.

Still can't be much fun though and a massive culture shock. Nice to see it immediately falling on its ****.
Has anyone heard how Ruben and his family are doing?

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The idiot with the reins at Forest makes Jeff Shi look like Jeff Bezos. Forest fans better be praying Nuno has brought his A game with him to keep them up after their points penalty, because there's going to be serious pain for them if they go down.

I think it was mentioned Everton had something similar in place regarding relegation wage cuts,

The difficulty is with Forrest they don't have many saleable assets,Gibbs white is one but they wouldn't make a profit on him? Elanga, Danilo and Awoniyi but alot of the squad have no resale value and are on big money, I can't see Chris Wood earning a 100k anywhere else so he's not going to leave.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You would think the Mayor of Greater Manchester would have more pressing issues to get involved in than whether Everton should be docked 10 points, 6 points, (insert number) points.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Palace have Sam Johnson, Olise, Guehi and Eze

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

For all my moaning, are we the former Championship club who have established themselves best in the Prem over the past 10 years?

Maybe Palace too?

Villa, Newcastle, Brighton have all been in champ in last 10 yrs (maybe Newcastle and Villa can be argued that they dipped down and have mostly been prem mainstays) but does show outside the top 6 and everton positions oscillate more than you think over time

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had two working assignments in Saudi, not long, 3-4 weeks each. At the time I was in UAE for 90% of the working year, and I can tell you Saudi is totally different.
One of my nephews is based in Dubai but has to go to Saudi regularly for business. Hates it.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You would think the Mayor of Greater Manchester would have more pressing issues to get involved in than whether Everton should be docked 10 points, 6 points, (insert number) points.

Metropolitan mayor was foisted on the population against their will (in a referendum)

And then they get an Everton supporting scouse as mayor.

As you say, “do the job you are paid for mate”

(I did meet Burnham once, he was getting his photo taken in the middle of a pavement. I kindly suggested that he should bugger off out of the way.)

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think that that will ever happen. It would be the PL committing suicide. If they were daft enough to relegate City and Chelsea, they would leave and not come back as they would be the nucleus of the new European Super League with the likes of Real Madrid, Juventus, Barca. Once the exit of the top teams starts from the PL, it won't stop
Yes because man city and Chelsea are such big clubs lol

You turn the lights off and people will forget with a quickness globally.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder how Ronaldo is managing seeing as he isn't married to the mother of his children (yet another thing I dislike about him).

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Those long long contracts at Chelsea seem a good idea now :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe Palace too?

For the time being

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s hope so **** em

Back
Top Bottom