Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

England Women: The Lionesses

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is the worst keeper performance I’ve seen for a good age. Sweden haven’t been great at the back anyway but crikey, having a keeper as bad as that behind them, I can understand their jitters.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Sweden have completely gone.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Enjoyable match to watch.
I thought that Spain had it but nuff respect for that England comeback.
Has to be some fighting words added..you´ll probably meet us(Sweden)in the semifinal..and Englands journey in this tourney will end there.I do think we are a notch up compared to Spain,and England should suit us pretty well.
Those who survives til then will see I recon
Dear over confident Flea

Zlatan Ibrahimović, Ingrid Bergman, Avicii, Alfred Nobel, Greta Thunberg, Ingvar Kamprad, Bjorn, Benny, Agnetha, Anni-Frid, Magdalena “Magda” Forsberg, Sven-Göran Eriksson... Can you hear me? Can you hear me? Your girls took one hell of a beating, one hell of a beating!

Best wishes
Molineux Mix

(...and yes, I know it was a Norwegian commentator who originally did that!)

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is the worst keeper performance I’ve seen for a good age

----------

Certainly since the quarter finals.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best player on the park tonight Fran Kirby

She’s a weird one. Far too many wayward/sloppy passes, sometimes looks like she’s running through treacle….but in terms of close control, body strength and position, appreciation of space and vision, miles ahead of the majority out there.
Excellent football brain.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At last the Arsenal Women manager said it - the Swedish keeper!

My 'issue', if you can call it that, is the reluctance to analyse the games properly. The Swedish keeper was a disgrace and it was laughable that the commentator said she could do nothing with the backheel goal (which was excellent skill).

Anyway, should be a good final whoever wins tomorrow. Think the other two are slightly better but home advantage makes such a difference.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sack off the waistcoat and get Weigman in.
She could get a job in mens football. If there is a side vet available I could see a championship team going for her. She is a meticulous planner. Love the fact that the ladies could bring football home in an age when the sky 6 dominate and make players are horrendously overpaid at the top level . The ladies game is different but I really enjoy it! Fair play to them and long May it continue

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish BBC would show all the celebrations and sack off the interviews (they clearly don't want to be interviewed but to enjoy the celebrations) and pundit chat.
I agree except I do enjoy listening to Alex Scott and Ian Wright and watching their reactions, mainly because they’ve both been big advocates for womens football and it’s lovely to watch them watch this - for me anyway

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Need to tone down the celebrations now. Have to remember not won anything yet. Biggest game of their lives coming up.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish BBC would show all the celebrations and sack off the interviews (they clearly don't want to be interviewed but to enjoy the celebrations) and pundit chat.
This I totally agree. Let them enjoy the moment instead of a ridiculous interview when you wanna celebrate with your team mates

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wright just spoke really well about girls getting to play football at school
Yeah it choked me up, along with Alex Scott getting emotional. I agree with every word, I know when I was younger and football mad I found it so hard to access it outside of the quite rare PE session we had!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
T
Yeah it choked me up, along with Alex Scott getting emotional. I agree with every word, I know when I was younger and football mad I found it so hard to access it outside of the quite rare PE session we had!
They both wear their hearts on their sleeve.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congrats girls worthy finalists
I think its 19 games 104 goals for 4 against since Weigman took charge
Ok some of the opponents have been lets say poor, but recently all top draw and all put to the sword
Hope they finish it off in style now, but you just know it will be Germany in the final and how it usually ends up against them lol

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see a scenario in a few years when womens football has male goalkeepers as that’s the biggest drawback by far to the womens game.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congrats girls worthy finalists
I think its 19 games 104 goals for 4 against since Weigman took charge
Ok some of the opponents have been lets say poor, but recently all top draw and all put to the sword
Hope they finish it off in style now, but you just know it will be Germany in the final and how it usually ends up against them lol
If we are up against Germany, I just hope that we don't end up with even more pointless arguments about whether the ball crossed the line or not!

Back
Top Bottom