Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

England Women: The Lionesses

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Longford's got his little rod out again
No, I’m not fishing. Simple question - are there lots of empty seats ? Yes or no.
I didn’t know England were playing till I put the telly on, hence didn’t know it was “ sold out”.
Can someone explain the empty seats to me, I’m not **** stirring just curious.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, I’m not fishing. Simple question - are there lots of empty seats ? Yes or no.
I didn’t know England were playing till I put the telly on, hence didn’t know it was “ sold out”.
Can someone explain the empty seats to me, I’m not **** stirring just curious.

Why are there empty seats at Molineux when it's sold out?

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Why are there empty seats at Molineux when it's sold out?
What, thousands of them. It’s because they include all season tickets on the attendance, due to them being purchased in advance.
They would have done the same for tonight’s game , but it looks like a lot of people have cried off, what a coincidence for so many not to turn up.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What, thousands of them. It’s because they include all season tickets on the attendance, due to them being purchased in advance.
They would have done the same for tonight’s game , but it looks like a lot of people have cried off, what a coincidence for so many not to turn up.
Or, no conspiracy and no social significance. Just an administrative ****-up and they didn't put them all on sale?

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If they sell season tickets for England women games, me and my friends must have missed them. Closest we’ve got is a myfootball membership that gives us an exclusive window to buy tickets for the matches. They then roll into a general ticket sale, both of which for this game were sold out and the US were sold out. If it’s a case that there were thousands of seats available that’s an admin **** up, not what you are attempting to claim a lack of interest/bothering to turn up.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I live here and can state with certainty I’m not particularly fond of any night :cool: :laughing:
I lived and studied at the poly for 9 months 1990-91 and had quite a good time there. Decent pubs and Students Union

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I lived and studied at the poly for 9 months 1990-91 and had quite a good time there. Decent pubs and Students Union

:laughing: In all fairness I only moved here 4 years ago, I have a vale supporter on one side of the street and a Stoke city fan on the other, and then me as a lovely glowing reminder of what a successful teams fan looks like :laughing:

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
:laughing: In all fairness I only moved here 4 years ago, I have a vale supporter on one side of the street and a Stoke city fan on the other, and then me as a lovely glowing reminder of what a successful teams fan looks like :laughing:
You certainly picked the right time to move there, right about the time of the swing of power :D

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More there than for our game against Preston the other night.

Assume you’re just fishing but rather than be something to take the **** out of, 24k for a midweek game with Luxembourg shows just how far the womens game has come. Great crowd.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I’m not fishing just curious as to why so many empty seats in a sold out stadium.
Rg 4352, I know there are not season tickets for England, I never said there was. I was on about ticket sales in general that were bought in advance.
I agree 24k is a good attendance considering the opposition, but I still think many of those who jumped on the Euro bandwagon have jumped again off before it’ stopped at Stoke.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It must have been difficult for the Lionesses to keep their focus and maintain their standards when there was such a gulf in class. So well done for achieving a substantial victory.
Looking at the group table, some of the teams suffered some horrendous GD's, thereby indicating the difference in standards. However, fair play to the minnows in giving it a go.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
My partner got in turned midnight! She says that the roads were carnage and the A50 into Stoke was gridlocked.

She reckons there were a lack of stewards around to assist and they were still in the car for the first 2 goals. She says there were no buses from the park and ride and a lot of people just gave up.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I’m not fishing just curious as to why so many empty seats in a sold out stadium.
Rg 4352, I know there are not season tickets for England, I never said there was. I was on about ticket sales in general that were bought in advance.
I agree 24k is a good attendance considering the opposition, but I still think many of those who jumped on the Euro bandwagon have jumped again off before it’ stopped at Stoke.

Based on what? 6k empty seats and issues getting to the stadium due to the main route in being gridlocked?
Quite a leap considering all friendly games have sold out, don’t remember that happening prior to the Euros for the womens game.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In reply to the "soon died off comments" the commentators said sold out last night ,sold out for USA at Wembley, sold out at Brighton for next game,dont see why the digs really
They have also said the sales for the WSL have all increased by a substantial amount this season
Yes there were some empty seats, as indeed there are in most Prem grounds when the sold out signs are up,perhaps the weather put a lot off travelling idk,but it was still a sell out for opposition that was lets say at a lower level
Its a shame some people still cant get on board with the womens game,if you dont like it dont watch it,i find it more entertaining than some of the dross served up in the mens game at times,but i dont try and compare, just watch the game and enjoy or turn it off really

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In reply to the "soon died off comments" the commentators said sold out last night ,sold out for USA at Wembley, sold out at Brighton for next game,dont see why the digs really
They have also said the sales for the WSL have all increased by a substantial amount this season
Yes there were some empty seats, as indeed there are in most Prem grounds when the sold out signs are up,perhaps the weather put a lot off travelling idk,but it was still a sell out for opposition that was lets say at a lower level
Its a shame some people still cant get on board with the womens game,if you dont like it dont watch it,i find it more entertaining than some of the dross served up in the mens game at times,but i dont try and compare, just watch the game and enjoy or turn it off really

Well said

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bang on. Knowing that the 2nd Lionesses' visit to Molineux on June 14th's had a far lower gate than February 23rd's clash, selling out Wembley twice in the space of just over 2 months is simply sublime and puts Women's Football in such a strong place.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to look at the attendance in the context of the game and opposition. Already qualified, probably playing a second string, against a minnow nation that wont pose any opposition of note. The challenge for women's football is that there are probably 10 nations with a decent women's team and the rest are cannon fodder. Until every nations women's team begin to climb becoming competitive we will see small tournaments with little serious competition for the established nations at the front end of them.

If, when the Lionesses play the USA, there are empty seats then there will be questions to be asked but I really don't think this will be the case as its the game everyone wants to see and will allow us to see where we are comparatively against the best team in the world.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Not surprisingly, record ticket sales at the start of the WSL. Some big games on this opening weekend with a huge amount of tickets shifted. Will be interesting to see if this weekends fixtures are called off, not a great start to the new season if so. I have an inkling, based on nothing, that all games in the men's and women's professional leagues might go ahead after all from Saturday onwards.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My partner got in turned midnight! She says that the roads were carnage and the A50 into Stoke was gridlocked.

She reckons there were a lack of stewards around to assist and they were still in the car for the first 2 goals. She says there were no buses from the park and ride and a lot of people just gave up.

Yep. The traffic was appalling. There’s plenty of stories of people just giving up and going home.

We parked at Trentham Gardens and got of the 1st park and rides up to the ground. It took an hour to do 3 miles.

My sister who lives 10 miles from the stadium got there at half time as did many others.

As far the crowd and the atmosphere, it was bloody tremendous and my kids loved it.

The traffic was absolute carnage

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
I personally can't get onboard with it yet.

The quality is just so poor and the keepers are basically not fit for purpose.

Goal difference of 80-0 also doesn't inspire confidence.

Back
Top Bottom