Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dyche Sacked

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Wilders doing OK at Middlesborough isn't he? They're surely at least as big a club as Burnley....no idea about their finances though.
A massively better owner, that's for sure. I think Widler would be mad to leave Boro as Burnley are very lilely to sink without trace IMO.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wilders doing OK at Middlesborough isn't he? They're surely at least as big a club as Burnley....no idea about their finances though.
He’s doing well so far. Their objective is promotion next season. Wilder inherited Colin’s squad with a few January loans. Likely they will do a fair amount of business in the summer. They don’t have a massive budget having had the last of their parachute payments but they are also no longer need to sell to stay within ffp limits.

He would be nuts to move to Burnley now.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind betting that Dyche spends the rest of his career at clubs higher placed than Burnley. The lower leagues are calling them along with a whole heap of financial issues.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see who else there is. If you want to get a bounce he is the man. I doubt he will do it though, if he takes it. this is pure Hail Mary and Roy of the Rovers stuff
He looked unwell, like he was ****ed or had some form of illness, he’s done I reckon.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Pretty much the worst attacking team in Europe but his tools have always been rubbish and he's done excellently. If they sacked him in Jan I'd get it but now is stupidity

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back in the day Burnley were a force to be reckoned with. They memorably beat us to the league title in 59-60 and got to the Cup Final in 1962. They had a brilliant No 10-type forward (known in those days as a 'schemer') called Jimmy McIlroy, a superb centre forward in Ray Pointer, and a very good goalie in Adam Blacklaw. They played some great football in that period, the polar opposite of the physical long-ball approach they employ now.
Some good names there BSK just when I started supporting my home town team.

Burnley had an excellent crop of youngsters in the early 70’s as well. Leighton James, Ralph Coates, Steve Kindon and Dave Thomas amongst them. As we all know those last 2 played for us as well. Kindon would run into a brick wall for you and was probably as fast as Traore. Thomas never took off for us unfortunately.

in the 70’s they also played good football but couldn’t afford to keep players like those mentioned. They became known as a selling club and have flirted with the top 2 divisions since that time.

Sacking Sean Dyche is a ridiculous decision at this time of the season. Whoever takes over will inherit Dyches’ players and probably not have much money to spend for next season. They don’t have the young players coming through like they did in the 70’s and look likely to be relegated. Players like Pope, Mee, Tarkowski and McNeill will probably move on as well.

With their history Burnley deserve to be in the Premier League but who knows when they will be back!

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Burnley had an excellent crop of youngsters in the early 70’s as well. Leighton James, Ralph Coates, Steve Kindon and Dave Thomas amongst them. As we all know those last 2 played for us as well. Kindon would run into a brick wall for you and was probably as fast as Traore. Thomas never took off for us unfortunately.

in the 70’s they also played good football but couldn’t afford to keep players like those mentioned. They became known as a selling club and have flirted with the top 2 divisions since that time.

Sacking Sean Dyche is a ridiculous decision at this time of the season. Whoever takes over will inherit Dyches’ players and probably not have much money to spend for next season. They don’t have the young players coming through like they did in the 70’s and look likely to be relegated. Players like Pope, Mee, Tarkowski and McNeill will probably move on as well.

With their history Burnley deserve to be in the Premier League but who knows when they will be back!
Disliked Burnley since they stopped us doing the double and winning 3 league titles in a row.
mind you I could find a reason to dislike all the other teams in the prem!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As regards Steve Kindon. One of my fondest memories was seeing him once on an icy pitch and was fascinated how for a guy his size skating at speed down the wing with good balance.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As regards Steve Kindon. One of my fondest memories was seeing him once on an icy pitch and was fascinated how for a guy his size skating at speed down the wing with good balance.
Those were the days Oldgold.

You just pointed him in the right direction and he would be gone. He had the turning circle of the Titanic didn’t he. He was the replacement for the Doog but never had the same impact.

Kindo is a very good after dinner speaker who I have seen a few times. Fascinating the way he talks about his challenges with Tommy Smith of Liverpool. Also good laugh about the time he knocked out the Doog during a pre match warm up. Bill McGarry went ballistic!

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the new owners and financial structure they are, if they go down, likely to be in deep trouble.
Why?

Got one of the lowest wage bills in the league.
Plenty of profitable assets they can sell.
Parachute payments.
Brand new academy.

They'll be absolutely fine, as long as they make the right appointment.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why?

Parachute payments.
Brand new academy.

Dyche isn’t a bad manager he will walk into another job

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those were the days Oldgold.

You just pointed him in the right direction and he would be gone. He had the turning circle of the Titanic didn’t he. He was the replacement for the Doog but never had the same impact.

Kindo is a very good after dinner speaker who I have seen a few times. Fascinating the way he talks about his challenges with Tommy Smith of Liverpool. Also good laugh about the time he knocked out the Doog during a pre match warm up. Bill McGarry went ballistic!
got it wrong in 88 though when he said Wolves and Burnley would never get back to the top division!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why?

Parachute payments.
Brand new academy.

Debts to previous owners (which if they go down are due for immediate payment) due in 2026, interest to be paid on the outstanding money, in the meantime, other debts loaded onto the club too....

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've got two games between now and when we play 'em a week on Sunday: West Ham (A) on Easter Sunday, then Southampton (H) next Thursday. Even with a new manager, can see them being jaded playing us in a game that's their third in eight days, whilst we haven't played since 8th April.
Usually we play poor after a long rest. Its more games the better for us

Well, that was true when Nuno was Head Coach... but we have Bruno now...

Returning after the recent international break, we beat Villa 2-1.

And after having an extended lay-off over Xmas due to Covid cancellations, we went on a 5-match winning streak...

Back
Top Bottom