Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dyche Sacked

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Previous owners were bought out for £170M. A big chunk of the purchase price (at least a third) was loaded onto the club. If they go down the finances will look very rocky.
They are in big big trouble. Leveraged takeover on a commercial behemoth like Yanited, no problem.
Burnley? Very little in the way of non-TV money, no global footprint…now they’ve got to make those repayments with a £70m+ drop in revenue.

Madness.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes the timing should have been earlier and wasnt well thought out. That's mainly because "best in the business" (who rightly lasted about 10 minutes at Norwich and hasnt been heard of since) was persuading Morgan to keep Mick. We had a 3rd rate team. a 3rd rate manager, a 3rd rate CEO and a 2nd rate owner without any logical player recruitment or managerial succession plan.

Fact remains though over Mick's final 22 league games in charge his record was W3 D5 L14
- a dismal 14 points from 22 games
- under 0.64 points per game.
- Clipboard inherited a confidence shot sub par team and averaged under 0.31 points per game, but Mik would not have kept us up
- Moxey/Morgan procrastination after the sacking and choosing their usual cheapest option and the lack of any new ideas doomed us to nailed on relegation.
Mr "not heard of since" has been stinking out Burton...

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see Dyche leaving yet. He'll have his marching orders of course but he'll be changing gloves, waiting in goal for defenders to come back and then wave them away for a long kick, stand for a throw in until he gets a yellow card, and so on and so forth until the clock winds down.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With S****horpe they've won the fewest games in the country this season.

Yet still had a chance of staying up, somehow.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange decision at this stage of the season, but they have been absolutely terrible and haven’t really shown any signs that they could survive.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aother one bites the dust.

Saying that, new manger bounce next Sunday and 3 points v us.
New Manager bounce when they play us ?
They've got two games between now and when we play 'em a week on Sunday: West Ham (A) on Easter Sunday, then Southampton (H) next Thursday. Even with a new manager, can see them being jaded playing us in a game that's their third in eight days, whilst we haven't played since 8th April.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well thats our bete noire sorted . What a relief !
I would be happy for them to stay up now .

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've got two games between now and when we play 'em a week on Sunday: West Ham (A) on Easter Sunday, then Southampton (H) next Thursday. Even with a new manager, can see them being jaded playing us in a game that's their third in eight days, whilst we haven't played since 8th April.
Usually we play poor after a long rest. Its more games the better for us

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With S****horpe they've won the fewest games in the country this season.

Yet still had a chance of staying up, somehow.
Villa have lost 17 matches this season and are12th. Burnley have lost 14 and are in a relegation place. Trouble is Burnley have drawn too many matches. 12 to Villas 3. Just a comparison between the 2 teams.

Comparing what Villa have spent to Burnley, Sean Dyche has done a brilliant job on a paupers budget. He will soon be back in a job no problem.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa have lost 17 matches this season and are12th. Burnley have lost 14 and are in a relegation place. Trouble is Burnley have drawn too many matches. 12 to Villas 3. Just a comparison between the 2 teams.

Comparing what Villa have spent to Burnley, Sean Dyche has done a brilliant job on a paupers budget. He will soon be back in a job no problem.

Draws go under the radar in terms of damage. Look at the gulf in points between us and Palace this season.

Liverpool lost 1 game in 2018/19. Man City lost 4 yet won the title.

Completely agree re Dyche btw. I'd say they had a 35:65 chance of staying up this season. Hard to argue that ratio now.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Strange decision by Burnley.

If your a fan of his style of football or not with that squad he has done fantastic work, he got them into Europe which for a team of Burnleys stature was a remarkable achievement.

He also stayed loyal for 10 years and was there best chance of survival. Even if they had gone down he would have got them out that league.

Good luck to him.
He's made for Sandwell Town.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the outside looking in this seems like a crazy decision. It would suggest to me a big bust up, or the club having someone already lined up, but IMO it absolutely has the potential to be one of those ‘careful what you wish for’ moments we’ve experienced.

Who’d be shocked to see them limp on now till the end of the season, and then struggle in the championship with all the likely upheaval this will cause? They still had an ok chance of staying up or getting promoted back next season under Dyche I’d have thought? Ditching that to bet the house on a Big fat Sam or whoever seems naive and risky to me?

I have a feeling they’re gone now and it could end up being a little while till the premier league sees Burnley again? Could totally see Dyche ending up at Albion as others have suggested. He likely won’t struggle to find a decent job before long?

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we all know we cant win at burnley….

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Early days yet, but I have read that Mark Warburton might be sacked by QPR at the end of the season, and Dyche being lined up to replace him. As I say, just gossip, and probably no truth in it.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange decision at this stage of the season, but they have been absolutely terrible and haven’t really shown any signs that they could survive.

And in decline for a few years.
Maybe they don’t want to have another 10 years of the same awful football and of everyone hating them

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got a strange soft spot for Burnley for a couple of reasons..

Beating them in the Sherpa and also Leighton James appearing from behind a door when me and the old man had gone ticketless to Turf Moor. The match had started and we were wandering around outside in hope more than expectation, when Leighton appeared. We had a quick chat (probably to assess our accents) and then he presented us with 2 tickets in the home end. What a guy.

I hope Burnley have a new manager bounce and relegate Everton. I fear they may have left it 1 or 2 weeks too late though. That loss to Norwich will come back and haunt them, I'm sure.

I think Burnley have plenty of good quality players, but In pursuit of this agricultural safety first approach, they've just had the ability to express themselves on the pitch coached out of them.

Pope
Tarkowski
Mee
McNeill
Weghorst
Rodriguez
Cornet

Are all decent footballers.

I don't think Dyche will struggle for another job. I think it's the new owners who finally lost patience whereas the previous regime were comfortable with the model they had. If they go down I do fear for them. However an asset stripping exercise of that list above could see them reinvent themselves.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's hope he doesn't end up down the Albion because he'll put them back on the map.

It's a weird one, the Burnley fans seem split. Some are sad, some are saying it's happened too late and he should have gone weeks ago.

Who's gonna come in apart from Sam and save them?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with the majority that it is stupid to sack him.

However when a manager has only won 4 out of 30 games he can’t really have too many complaints.

Thats what i was saying before. People thought we were mad for sacking mick, but they were outsiders looking it. The football was gash, he had lost the backing of the fans, i dont think the players were playing for him any more and the results were terrible. Its probably the same at Burnley. A manager who had done a good job but couldnt go on with it anymore. When you see 4 wins in 30, you see why he was sacked.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unreal level of arrogance, the whole saga.

Got away with it given how dire Burnley, Hull and a points deducted Portsmouth were that season.
We finished above West Ham and Wigan as well, so didn’t really “get away with it” at all.

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
Surely Sam is a busted flush, he looked past it at the Albion.
I don’t see who else there is. If you want to get a bounce he is the man. I doubt he will do it though, if he takes it. this is pure Hail Mary and Roy of the Rovers stuff

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back in the day Burnley were a force to be reckoned with. They memorably beat us to the league title in 59-60 and got to the Cup Final in 1962. They had a brilliant No 10-type forward (known in those days as a 'schemer') called Jimmy McIlroy, a superb centre forward in Ray Pointer, and a very good goalie in Adam Blacklaw. They played some great football in that period, the polar opposite of the physical long-ball approach they employ now.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they have got any sense they'll employ Chris Wilder. Did wonders at Huddersfield with a similarly limited squad. He would get them up from the Chump but keeping them in the PL without major expenditure would be a challenge.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they have got any sense they'll employ Chris Wilder. Did wonders at Huddersfield with a similarly limited squad. He would get them up from the Chump but keeping them in the PL without major expenditure would be a challenge.
I agree about Wilder, and really believe that the **** missed a major trick in not appointing him, but that option seems unlikely as he has a job. l believe you mean Sheff Utd not Huddersfield though. Wagner was the manager who got Huddersfield promoted.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back in the day Burnley were a force to be reckoned with. They memorably beat us to the league title in 59-60 and got to the Cup Final in 1962. They had a brilliant No 10-type forward (known in those days as a 'schemer') called Jimmy McIlroy, a superb centre forward in Ray Pointer, and a very good goalie in Adam Blacklaw. They played some great football in that period, the polar opposite of the physical long-ball approach they employ now.
I have a lot of time for Burnley. Proper football club, big part of the community. I remember the Sherpa Van final when we travelled together on the tube. Great day out.

They have been punching above their weight for along time now and Dyche had kept them up with no investment. No wonder they played the way they did. What else was he expected to do.

I hope they rebuild and come back stronger. But the Championship is a tough league. As for Dyche, he will have his pick of clubs.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wilders doing OK at Middlesborough isn't he? They're surely at least as big a club as Burnley....no idea about their finances though.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a lot of time for Burnley. Proper football club, big part of the community. I remember the Sherpa Van final when we travelled together on the tube. Great day out.

They have been punching above their weight for along time now and Dyche had kept them up with no investment. No wonder they played the way they did. What else was he expected to do.

I hope they rebuild and come back stronger. But the Championship is a tough league. As for Dyche, he will have his pick of clubs.
With the new owners and financial structure they are, if they go down, likely to be in deep trouble.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree about Wilder, and really believe that the **** missed a major trick in not appointing him, but that option seems unlikely as he has a job. l believe you mean Sheff Utd not Huddersfield though. Wagner was the manager who got Huddersfield promoted.
Yes, got a bit mixed up there. Wilder was at Sheff Utd. Wagner moved from H'field to Schalke and is now managing Young Boys in Switzerland. Allardyce must be favourite but he seems to me to be past it.

Back
Top Bottom