Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dyche Sacked

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have us soon and we usually roll over and give them points so they ain't down yet....crazy decision.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An absolutely ridiculous decision.
Dyche has and would have continued, to do an excellent job for them.
Madness!
(My wife's a lifetime Clarets supporter and can't believe that they've been so stupid. )
I reckon there's more to this, than we so far know.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
The week after Warnock retires, perfect job for him.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Insane decision, but...
"Is that Maxwel Cornet's agent? My name is Scott Sellars..."

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might as well bring dyche in as manager tomorrow, plan for next season.....what with neves n moutinho off, everybody wanting rid of Raul, semedo, podence, coady, boly, saiss, trincao, hwang, fabio etc etc .... start our relegation battle in August then , instead of waiting....

Get rid of Mendes and all the pork n cheesers.....go British, worked wonders for Sir Jack..

F the pretty stuff.....hoof it.....

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s worked absolute miracles there. Did an amazing job on no budget at Watford too.

Think he’d do a great job at somewhere like Everton (or Wolves)…
Supposedly Burnley have 10 players out of contract, albeit some have options, at the end of the season. Given the age of the squad too they will need a massive rebuild.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous decision by the owners, he is the one person thats kept them up on very little money, the new owners need to look where they have come from not many years since they were in League 2, Its a long way down and even harder coming back, Just ask Sunderland.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Strange decision by Burnley.

If your a fan of his style of football or not with that squad he has done fantastic work, he got them into Europe which for a team of Burnleys stature was a remarkable achievement.

He also stayed loyal for 10 years and was there best chance of survival. Even if they had gone down he would have got them out that league.

Good luck to him.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
We might as well bring dyche in as manager tomorrow, plan for next season.....what with neves n moutinho off, everybody wanting rid of Raul, semedo, podence, coady, boly, saiss, trincao, hwang, fabio etc etc .... start our relegation battle in August then , instead of waiting....

I honestly think he’d do a decent job at a club with the resources to compete properly. Think Burnley try to play football but just don’t have the players to sustain it.

Could see him doing a similar job to Moyes at Everton and West Ham.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange timing, just two days before a match, makes me suspect that something has gone on behind the scenes.

They do need more than the Dyche-plan of hit it forward and hope something eventually happens though if they are to have any hope of survival (in al honesty, I think they're gone whatever they do), but conversely, he gave them a strong chance of being promoted again.

Of course, inevitably, they will unveil a decent new manager just in time to play us...
Doesn't really matter that much. We couldn't beat them with Dyche in charge.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An absolutely ridiculous decision.
Dyche has and would have continued, to do an excellent job for them.
Madness!
(My wife's a lifetime Clarets supporter and can't believe that they've been so stupid. )
I reckon there's more to this, than we so far know.
I expect he's had a massive bust up with the owners? I wouldn't want to be in an argument with him! Hope he goes on to bigger and better things.

Reaction score
He was obviously a popular fella in Burnley - they even named a pub after him!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-121824.png
    Screenshot_20220415-121824.png
    749.8 KB · Views: 49

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Get rid of Mendes and all the pork n cheeses......go British, worked wonders for Sir Jack..

Ave it!

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Crazy decision, almost certainly the owners would like a manager that plays football in a style that doesn't make your eyes bleed but to do it now, when they still have an outside chance of staying up is lunacy. If they go down, Dyche is probably the best man to bring them straight back up. If the owners expect to bring in a manager with a more progressive style while keeping/getting them back up, they are going to have to spend eye watering amounts of money.....or accept its a long-term project that will see them in the lower divisions or some time.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frankly, I hate Dyche's brand of kick an opponent and hoof the ball to big lumps up front. It has been effective for a while but over the last 18 mths Burnley have regressed. Losing to Norwich after beating Everton shows how poor they have been and while I'd still prefer Everton to go down, our players not having to face muscle ball any longer is welcome news to me. Dyche is in the same brand as Pulis. Effectively a dinosaur in real footballing terms. No doubt he'll soon get another job ... let's hope it's not in the Prem.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Texts below from a Burnley Supporting mate when news broke he is gutted.

“Burnley haven't even played and they have already ruined my weekend”

When I mentioned big Sam.

“I hope not pal. They have suspended betting on him though haven't they?
I cam see us falling through the league prymid now honestly”

He is a bit of a drama queen albeit but the fans are as shocked as anyone.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Previous owners were bought out for £170M. A big chunk of the purchase price (at least a third) was loaded onto the club. If they go down the finances will look very rocky.

This is the reason. They did what the Man Utd owners did, used the clubs own assets to buy the club (how is that even legal?). Without that TV money the owner is going to struggle to keep up the interest payments.
Thing is, even if they get relegated, who best to get them up but Dyche anyway? Just like Wolves with Mick.

This is a good article on the details of the sale. They had huge cash reserves saved up that instead of going to the team or to improve the stadium, got used to pay off the former owners. Not to mention the £60m loan on top.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We dont watch them week in week out so it could be like when we sacked mccarthy. Outsiders looking in think its a bad move, people there every week might not.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just plain odd, has to be more to it. I hate some of his tactics, but what do people want, play pretty football and be plucky losers like Norwich and Fulham? Maybe he's asked for guarantees about what happens if they are relegated, they could have still stayed up with him even if the odds were against it, I'd say it's a very long shot now though.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable job, including a 7th.

Wilder, Rooney, Duff and Alardyce are the 4 favourites with the bookies (Nuno is 6th).

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wilder would be a great appointment. He might even keep them up.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
:eek:Didn't they do the exact same thing a few years ago when they sacked Cotterill (I think) and appointed Brian Laws (again.. I think)?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable job, including a 7th.

Wilder, Rooney, Duff and Alardyce are the 4 favourites with the bookies (Nuno is 6th).
Why the heck would Shrek reportedly turn down Everton and then go to that shower of ****? He must already have had his fill of dodgy owners.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMHO the timing was poor and didn't seem well thought out.
Yes the timing should have been earlier and wasnt well thought out. That's mainly because "best in the business" (who rightly lasted about 10 minutes at Norwich and hasnt been heard of since) was persuading Morgan to keep Mick. We had a 3rd rate team. a 3rd rate manager, a 3rd rate CEO and a 2nd rate owner without any logical player recruitment or managerial succession plan.

Fact remains though over Mick's final 22 league games in charge his record was W3 D5 L14
- a dismal 14 points from 22 games
- under 0.64 points per game.
- Clipboard inherited a confidence shot sub par team and averaged under 0.31 points per game, but Mik would not have kept us up
- Moxey/Morgan procrastination after the sacking and choosing their usual cheapest option and the lack of any new ideas doomed us to nailed on relegation.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley and Dyche is like fish & chips, you can’t have one without the other and they’ve been fantastic together.

Ridiculous decision to sack him at this time of the season. This is Burnley’s Curbishley /Charlton moment

Back
Top Bottom