Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dyche Sacked

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
The athletic are reporting that Dyche was sacked by Burnley this morning.

That's the relegation places sewn up then. He's worked miracles with a championship squad for years...

I wonder if the new owners know what they bought, or what they're doing - probably not!

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange timing, just two days before a match, makes me suspect that something has gone on behind the scenes.

They do need more than the Dyche-plan of hit it forward and hope something eventually happens though if they are to have any hope of survival (in al honesty, I think they're gone whatever they do), but conversely, he gave them a strong chance of being promoted again.

Of course, inevitably, they will unveil a decent new manager just in time to play us...

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange timing, just two days before a match, makes me suspect that something has gone on behind the scenes.

They do need more than the Dyche-plan though if they are to have any hope of survival, but conversely, he gave them a strong chance of being promoted again.
I agree. Very odd timing - one imagines something has happened

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very strange timing. It’s as if Burnley have accepted relegation now.

Tesco’s next manager anyone!

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that means Sky and his media mates will spin this as " Frank Lampard secures Everton's Premier League Future ! " as for me that is that done now it is Watford, Norwich and Burnley gone .

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's had a good few years there and done well overall.

Crap this season.

Stupid timing. I can't see anyone making much of a difference with the games left. He could have got them promoted next season if they do go down.

Of course, there could be other issues behind the scenes.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocker. he was the best man to lead them. See Charlton with Curbs

Another one bits the dust.

Saying that, new manger bounce next Sunday and 3 points v us.
Burnley won’t have a new manager when they play us.

They’ll probably appoint someone already at the club till the end of the season.

Mind you Big Sam is out of work!

W

WasStefan

Sacking Dyche is a really strange one. In hindsight it’s a similar sacking to Mick McCarthy when in the PL. Probably should have kept him (the sweet spot for getting rid of Mick would have been Blackburn at home) but no surviving a 5-1 loss v them lot. Burnley board don’t even have that excuse. He’d have brought them straight back up. Bizarre

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Similarities to our decision to sack Mick McCarthy all those years ago.

Never mind Mick - I still think we should have sacked him after the Blackburn game. Burnley take much bigger risk. As much as I like and respect them as a proper, old club - to me, their recent success was totally down to Dyche. Bit like Curbishley at Charlton or Pulis at Stoke.

Of course they will hope to do Bournemouth not Charlton but still a huge risk.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow really didn’t see that coming.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks like the board looked at the table for the first time in months? Kept saying don't look at the table, concentrate on the next game!

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Been punching above their weight for years. You have to say that's down to Dyche. Something doesn't quite seem right. Although they haven't been playing up to the same standard this year as in previous.

Suspect they'll be back in the lower leagues for a while now. Would prefer one of the bigger clubs like Sunderland, Forest or one of the Sheffields were in the prem.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Feels like they've got the timing of this all wrong, I think they're pretty much relegated whatever happens now (even if I did want Everton to go for ****s and giggles).

Dyche has worked miracles there, he won't be out of work long if he doesn't want to be.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not easy for a club like Burnley...dyche has done an exceptional job, under the circumstances.....but you do wonder where the money has gone ...5/6 years in the premier league, what's that 800m ......it certainly hasn't gone on players, wages, new facilities.

And I would take either Dwight McNeil or Maxwell cornet off em in the summer...

Last edited:

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that means Sky and his media mates will spin this as " Frank Lampard secures Everton's Premier League Future ! " as for me that is that done now it is Watford, Norwich and Burnley gone .
Don't you mean "Frank Lampard secures Frank Lampard's Everton's Premier League Future with Frank Lampard in charge" ?!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not easy for a club like Burnley...dyche has done an exceptional job, under the circumstances.....but you do wonder where the money has gone ...5/6 years in the premier league, what's that 800m ......it certainly hasn't gone on players, wages, new facilities.
Previous owners were bought out for £170M. A big chunk of the purchase price (at least a third) was loaded onto the club. If they go down the finances will look very rocky.

Back
Top Bottom