Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Duckens Nazon - is he the answer?

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After yet another cracking goal from him for the under-23s, I would like to know the views of those who've watched the under-23s this pre-season and last season on whether or not he has progressed to the point where he should train with the first team and be in contention? He is a big unit, has pace and trickery and a powerful shot on him, so he seems to have the attributes and is now attuned to the English game.

I'm not interested in the views of those who haven't seen him or those who just see this as an opportunity to riff puns about his name.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the Telegraph Fantasy Football, he is the answer.

He is our most expensive striker at £4.2m and ahead of the likes of Gabby, Bent, Nugent, Campbell and Ward.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the kind of risk we need to be taking if we are serious about promotion. Send him on loan if he's doing well.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So? Do those few have seen him please give us their views.
Just like the Pegwern I would like to know how he has progressed.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So? Do those few have seen him please give us their views.
Just like the Pegwern I would like to know how he has progressed.

We won't be told that, it seems, mate! Instead, we'll just get the same stomach-holding comedy cracks as on the previous thread about him. That's unfortunately the level MM is at.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's got some ability for sure but I'm not sure he's good enough for the level we are aspiring to under Nuno, albeit I haven't seen that much of him compared to other posters who regularly watch the U23's.

Saying that, I don't think he would do any worse than Bright or even Ronan when you consider the positions they will play in our new system. I'd like to see him given a chance vs Yeovil in one of the left or right forward spots but I doubt he will be.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I havent seen him play live but he has scored two stunning goals in pre season and from what I have read and seen on highlights is quick and strong. I would like him in the squad for the Yeovil game possibly along with Herc, who big things are expected of.

D

Deleted member 4124

He was a signing for our u23's in order to allow Bright, Wilson, Collins, Ennis etc. to play for the first team/go out on loan. I don't think he'll ever be in contention for the first team.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never seen him play but if this forum is the only indicator of his usefulness then we keep coming back to the very things prohibited from this thread.

It is in my subconscious that he is absolute tosh.

This place is very cult-like in that respect, giving you opinions that you didn't know you had and then cementing those opinions through repetition. Look into my eyes. Not into my eyes, but around the eyes. Dave Edwards. When you awake we will never have had this conversation but before I click my fingers, feed the Duck, absolute tosh, scrabble. Three Two One. Click

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
The Duck is like any other player in with the U23s.

He was brought in because he had attributes that could with development prove beneficial. He wasn't scoring previously but is now bringing that on.

Could be that he like many foreign players with the benefit of a season over here for adjusting and acclimatising is now going to go from strength to strength.......could be high performance material like the tape.

Bound to benefit us if he is. ;)

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've only seen him play 4 times last season not seen him at all this pre season
But for me based on the performances of last season he is not good enough right now for the first team
He works very hard and he does have pace and would agree with a previous comment about going on loan getting some regular first team football and then who knows

B

Benson

His background is very strange. Why did he play in India after he had scored for fun for Haiti national team during 2015 and 2016?
How can he play and score for Haiti vs decent national teams but has never played for a club at a decent level?
I like the fact we have given him a chance. Would be fun and interesting to see him play vs Yeovil.

(in 2015 Gold Cup he scored vs both Panama and Honduras. They are not far behind USA)

Last edited by a moderator:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that it would be good to give him a run out vs Yeovil. Seen the two very good goals but not sure he is so hot on build up play. At the moment he has a real chance as we are so weak in our striker options but I suspect he will struggle to break through if we sign A.N. Other.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Did we ever care to watch any vids on him?

For sure he does have something about him.

Last edited:

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said give him a start against Yeovil but don't let that be his only chance.

I suspect the Yeovil team will be last year's first time so he might not get decent service

D

Deleted member 4309

Everything about him and the signing of him is all very odd. Surely he can't be happy playing in the kids team if he has anything about him.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He seems like a similar sort of player to Bright. Strong and able to beat people but hit and miss with his end product.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Everything about him and the signing of him is all very odd. Surely he can't be happy playing in the kids team if he has anything about him.

Well he is 23 and playing in the under 23s.

I would say given his previous with clubs he is desperate to prove his worth and earn a contract that could potentially deliver PL football or an opportunity to play at a good level.

He will be here to learn and sharpen up with the superior coaching available to him. Personally see nothing for him to be concerned about, and everything to be grateful for.

If it doesn't work out he will simply return to his previous level.

Grendel74

Groupie
Reaction score
Saw that clip reel when he joined and thought there was a good player lurking. The goal he scores where he lifts it over the keeper has my brain doing a fart... bamboozles me every time I see it. If it was intentional then it's a touch of class. So looking at that selection of highlights he can pass, shoot, assist, has some vision, is fast and skilful... consistency is always the missing factor on a highlight reel though. If he's developed a bit of that over 12 months he would be a valuable asset.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't seen him play but Dicko (obviously), Mason (maybe!), Jota (maybe), Bright, Gibbs-White, Samuels all appear to be ahead of him. Given that the last 3 have an average age of about 17 1/2 (guess) but have all had some first team time it doesn't look,good for the duck, does it. A strange one.

Last edited:

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
its a football forum not university challenge life is good laugh a bit

Look mate I like a laugh as much as anybody in this forum - it's just all these ducking puns have been posted so many times before it has got to be totally boring!!

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Duckens Nazon is the answer, if the question is "Who has just been sent (on loan) to Coventry?"

Good luck to him, hope he scores a few goals.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably about his level. Hope he proves me wrong though!

Back
Top Bottom