Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Does my head in

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait until we lose on Friday night mate, ruins the entire weekend, not just the Saturday night and Sunday. Brace yourself!

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
The only consolation I can offer is that you’re not alone!

I was talking with the lads in our after match post mortem yesterday. The weekend mood change between a win and a defeat is severe.

I was hoping advanced years and added maturity might help take the edge off a defeat. Who was I kidding?
totally agree,i have been following Wolves for 60 years and defeat gets no better but strangely a victory does!!

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still furious that all these wonderful players we've spent millions on are so incapable of playing proper football! Were still buying sub-par players despite having such a terrific manager who can do no wrong in some fans eyes! Can't pass, give the ball away too cheaply, can't score, it's not just occasionally it's almost every game. So frustrating and embarrassing at times.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went to buy some oysters this morning after Mass from our local supplier who is a big rugby fan ( La Rochelle) told him Saints had won but I was a footy fan and really ****ed off!
Since last night I’ve been mumbling away, ****ing Wolves , ****ing bottom of the league Bournemouth , ****ing Bournemouth. The.good lady says “ you …………!!! Jump in with.a you just don’t ****ing understand!!!!
Hate it, just hate it, ruins my weekend, turns me more against the BBCand their coverage of Wolves.
À defeat does my head in, do I feel better for posting this. not a ****ing chance I hate it when we lose !!
Bournemouth for ****s sake !!!
::-( :-( :-(
Shellfish! The Bournemouth result was clearly God's way of punishing you for your heresy.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm still furious that all these wonderful players we've spent millions on are so incapable of playing proper football! Were still buying sub-par players despite having such a terrific manager who can do no wrong in some fans eyes! Can't pass, give the ball away too cheaply, can't score, it's not just occasionally it's almost every game. So frustrating and embarrassing at times.

You do realise we played a premier League team also composed of multi million pound players? Not the dog and duck?

This it the Prem where any team can win on their day, we have very good players, so do Bournemouth, the match went their way this day.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chin up lad once games finished take it on the chin move towards our next match we was off our game let’s accept we got beat by a team fighting something we didn’t do

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently we have to give them more time. FFS, they aren't babies, straight out of the academy, they are established and in most part international players with good levels of experience. They should be capable of putting in acceptable performances by now. Strangely, they seem not to be consistently decent.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do realise we played a premier League team also composed of multi million pound players? Not the dog and duck?

This it the Prem where any team can win on their day, we have very good players, so do Bournemouth, the match went their way this day.
Even if we played the Dog & Duck, on most days we still wouldn't score, unless the oppositioned managed an o.g. for us!

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is a false statement.
I don't know why I find any Wolves loss so soul-destrying when I have a terminal lung disease, (pulmonary fibrosis and also suffered a stroke a year ago!). My bad! Apologies to all.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Although I'm far away and have no personal connections to the area, so by no means I am putting myself in the same category as you, I have exactly the same!

The difference in mood between the previous Saturday and the last one was monumental. Usually my family life gains or suffers from it, I have a lot of or next to no patience for the kids, not to mention my poor wife!

That's why I hate Friday games and I'm already dreading our encounter with Fulham :D The whole weekend is at stake.

Rowzed

Reaction score
The age old question arises, is it possible to choose your mood? Science suggests that to a large part it is.
So why don’t we?

Sometimes we get into patterns of thought that are reinforced by external events. Losing to a c**p team is one such event.

I‘d recommend a simple exercise;
find a mirror
look in the mirror
now try lifting the left side of your mouth using your facial muscles
relax
now try lifting the right side of your mouth using your facial muscles
relax again

now for the big one
try lifting both sides of your mouth at the same time and try not to laugh

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The age old question arises, is it possible to choose your mood? Science suggests that to a large part it is.
So why don’t we?

Sometimes we get into patterns of thought that are reinforced by external events. Losing to a c**p team is one such event.

I‘d recommend a simple exercise;
find a mirror
look in the mirror
now try lifting the left side of your mouth using your facial muscles
relax
now try lifting the right side of your mouth using your facial muscles
relax again

now for the big one
try lifting both sides of your mouth at the same time and try not to laugh
If I were to do that my teeth ( dentures)would drop out .

Joking. UTW .

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I were to do that my teeth ( dentures)would drop out .

Joking. UTW .
Teeth like the stars, huh, mate lol... The amount of dental issues l'm having lately (a long-term medication l'm on is screwing my gums) l'm heading that way far too fast....

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering I’ll always have the Huddersfield double as the standard against which all **** games are now compared, losing to Bournemouth still made us look like Real Madrid.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Teeth like the stars, huh, mate lol... The amount of dental issues l'm having lately (a long-term medication l'm on is screwing my gums) l'm heading that way far too fast....
That’s lousy……hope it slows or stops for you, somehow.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
I still take a defeat of this nature really badly. Whatever I do for a few days afterwards, it's always there. I wish I could deal with it better, but, this is how it is.

A victory however makes the whole week amazing. The highs are so high, this is who we are.

I understand the real context of it, it's a game of football. I know and have experienced the positives and negatives of life. I get it. But still......

Saturday was hard to accept.

I always find a midweek defeat particularly negative, to sleep afterwards and the next day emotions are still raw,

I remember back in 2011 we had an away game at Bolton, deep in injury time a 0-0 would have been just fine in the circumstances. Then Zubar hit the worst and most irresponsible backpass and we lost with the last kick of the game. That one really hit me like a hammer, I'll always remember that one.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defeats used to really get me down, but now its easy to put them into perspective and shrug them off. Plenty of more serious things to worry about.
Adding to this, we lose to the Bournemouths and Huddersfields of the league every year. I expect it, and now am pleasantly surprised when we get a result against that lot.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I used to know a proper genuine born again Christian, he never stopped smiling and telling people how lucky we were that God loved us all. Drove me mad.

I don't believe you can feel real joy without some misery. Wolves do us a favour by always keeping those lows fresh enough in our minds so we can enjoy the good times.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being a non-Midlands resident ST holder, I have a 1.5 hour journey to and from Molineux for home games. I make that travel commitment because I love my club.

That said and in line with the thread, the drive home from the Leicester and Brighton games (Oct & Nov) were excruciatingly emotional (the actual adjective I wanted to use would get 'modded out'). Sometimes you just have to find some decent music in the car and drown it out.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Being a non-Midlands resident ST holder, I have a 1.5 hour journey to and from Molineux for home games. I make that travel commitment because I love my club.

That said and in line with the thread, the drive home from the Leicester and Brighton games (Oct & Nov) were excruciatingly emotional (the actual adjective I wanted to use would get 'modded out'). Sometimes you just have to find some decent music in the car and drown it out.
Going Down Slow, by Johnny Winter?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hicko, I get you. Last week I stubbed my toe and fractured it. It' s super painful if I move it. This coincided with my car being in the body repair shop (Some jerk rear-ended my car while I was at a red light.). So I've been walking 2 miles a day to work on a fractured toe. On Friday, due to my own fault, my home got flooded. My hardwood floor is ruined. Machines are drying out my home. They're very loud. I can't sleep. Then Saturday, Bournemouth happened. This one hit me the hardest since the Watford semi.
Blimey, where do you live. Marineville?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Had an interesting experience last night as for the first time in years and years I wasn't actually at the game, watching it on TV, listening to it on the radio or following any sort of updates. Had an extended family meal arranged for a long time and we ended up in a restaurant with absolutely no phone signal. When we sat down to eat around 7pm me and my son (also a wolves fan) were wondering how we would cope. No one else was particularly interested in football so we talked about other stuff, enjoyed our meal and surprisingly the importance of our match just diminished in my mind. We emerged from the signal free restaurant just in time the exact time Liverpool scored and then had the goal ruled out by VAR. By the time I got back to my car it was 2-0 and in injury time. Was obviously very disappointed and did watch the highlights and read the match reports on here and from some friends who went and went to sleep slightly worried about relegation again!

However, all that said, not watching the game or following updates really did diminish the anxiety and pain of a defeat. I don't find it so bad when I am attending a game, but normally when watching on TV I am massively emotionally invested all day and all evening, pacing the floor, sometimes walking out of the room when an attack for the opponents looks dangerous or they have a free kick or corner. My heart rate really climbs and my blood pressure also takes a big hit (I have measured it multiple times while watching a game at home before). I might do the same again when I can't be at a game, it was a much more pleasurable, or at least bearable, experience that moping around at home giving it all my attention. Of course I would miss the highs of going through a win or good performance, but think I'll try it again for a very difficult away game that I'm not going to. Not sure why it has taken me so long in life to realise this!

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I tell you what does my ****ing head in. Proper ****ing winds me up it does.
Happened again last night. Proper ****ing foaming at the mouth I was.
We're two down
There's five minutes to play
We've got a free kick on the halfway line.
STICK IT IN THE ****ING MIXER!
No, we take it short, and end up passing back to Jose Sa. He punts it downfield. We lose possession
**** me, I watch Scarborough in the Conference North, they get a throw-in near the halfway line, no buggering about, Jacko chucks it onto the penalty spot.
But 'proper' footballers, ones that cost £45m... Nah, none of that **** for us, let's pass it back to good ol' Jose...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tell you what does my ****ing head in. Proper ****ing winds me up it does.
Happened again last night. Proper ****ing foaming at the mouth I was.
We're two down
There's five minutes to play
We've got a free kick on the halfway line.
STICK IT IN THE ****ING MIXER!
No, we take it short, and end up passing back to Jose Sa. He punts it downfield. We lose possession
**** me, I watch Scarborough in the Conference North, they get a throw-in near the halfway line, no buggering about, Jacko chucks it onto the penalty spot.
But 'proper' footballers, ones that cost £45m... Nah, none of that **** for us, let's pass it back to good ol' Jose...
Miss Mick, do you?

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had an interesting experience last night as for the first time in years and years I wasn't actually at the game, watching it on TV, listening to it on the radio or following any sort of updates. Had an extended family meal arranged for a long time and we ended up in a restaurant with absolutely no phone signal. When we sat down to eat around 7pm me and my son (also a wolves fan) were wondering how we would cope. No one else was particularly interested in football so we talked about other stuff, enjoyed our meal and surprisingly the importance of our match just diminished in my mind. We emerged from the signal free restaurant just in time the exact time Liverpool scored and then had the goal ruled out by VAR. By the time I got back to my car it was 2-0 and in injury time. Was obviously very disappointed and did watch the highlights and read the match reports on here and from some friends who went and went to sleep slightly worried about relegation again!

However, all that said, not watching the game or following updates really did diminish the anxiety and pain of a defeat. I don't find it so bad when I am attending a game, but normally when watching on TV I am massively emotionally invested all day and all evening, pacing the floor, sometimes walking out of the room when an attack for the opponents looks dangerous or they have a free kick or corner. My heart rate really climbs and my blood pressure also takes a big hit (I have measured it multiple times while watching a game at home before). I might do the same again when I can't be at a game, it was a much more pleasurable, or at least bearable, experience that moping around at home giving it all my attention. Of course I would miss the highs of going through a win or good performance, but think I'll try it again for a very difficult away game that I'm not going to. Not sure why it has taken me so long in life to realise this!
I can’t watch us on tv now for the same reasons. I don’t mind being at the match, but tv is out and has been out for most games this season!!

I go off for a walk or a cycle while the match is on. When I come back, I open the Comms Thread, I skip to the last page, I scroll to the bottom of the last page without reading any of the posts. I then slowly scroll up to the last line of the last posting, and can usually tell from the first word seen, whether the news is good or bad!!!

I am a sad case :(

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I can’t watch us on tv now for the same reasons. I don’t mind being at the match, but tv is out and has been out for most games this season!!

I go off for a walk or a cycle while the match is on. When I come back, I open the Comms Thread, I skip to the last page, I scroll to the bottom of the last page without reading any of the posts. I then slowly scroll up to the last line of the last posting, and can usually tell from the first word seen, whether the news is good or bad!!!

You've probably added years to your life by exercising while the game is on rather than stressing on the sofa at home!

During lockdown I would watch a stream on my TV which was always a good few minutes behind. So if the opposition had a dangerous looking attack or free kick, or even a corner, because I find it hard to cope, I would check the Wolves journos updates on Twitter to see if we had conceded before it appeared on my stream. I got so used to doing that, that when I went to a game back at Molineux after lockdown, when the opposition (I think it was Arsenal) had a corner, I tried checking Twitter on my phone to see if they had scored from it. I'm an idiot :p

Last edited:

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score

Not a sad case, I'am exactly the same.

T

TheConcourse

Waaahaaaaay we were winding you up. We actually won 4-1.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've probably added years to your life by exercising while the game is on rather than stressing on the sofa at home!

During lockdown I would watch a stream on my TV which was always a good few minutes behind. So if the opposition had a dangerous looking attack or free kick, or even a corner, because I find it hard to cope, I would check the Wolves journos updates on Twitter to see if we had conceded before it appeared on my stream. I got so used to doing that, that when I went to a game back at Molineux after lockdown, when the opposition (I think it was Arsenal) had a corner, I tried checking Twitter on my phone to see if they had scored from it. I'm an idiot :p
:D

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I guess seeing "FFS" tells you all you need to know when scrolling.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll tell you what does my nut in, wearing a strip that's non Gold and black at Southampton and Liverpool.
What's all that about!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The oysters, foie gras, caviar and Penfold Grange is going to go down a treat tonight.

Back
Top Bottom