Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Does my head in

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went to buy some oysters this morning after Mass from our local supplier who is a big rugby fan ( La Rochelle) told him Saints had won but I was a footy fan and really ****ed off!
Since last night I’ve been mumbling away, ****ing Wolves , ****ing bottom of the league Bournemouth , ****ing Bournemouth. The.good lady says “ you …………!!! Jump in with.a you just don’t ****ing understand!!!!
Hate it, just hate it, ruins my weekend, turns me more against the BBCand their coverage of Wolves.
À defeat does my head in, do I feel better for posting this. not a ****ing chance I hate it when we lose !!
Bournemouth for ****s sake !!!
::-( :-( :-(

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went to buy some oysters this morning after Mass from our local supplier who is a big rugby fan ( La Rochelle) told him Saints had won but I was a footy fan and really ****ed off!
Since last night I’ve been mumbling away, ****ing Wolves , ****ing bottom of the league Bournemouth , ****ing Bournemouth. The.good lady says “ you …………!!! Jump in with.a you just don’t ****ing understand!!!!
Hate it, just hate it, ruins my weekend, turns me more against the BBCand their coverage of Wolves.
À defeat does my head in, do I feel better for posting this. not a ****ing chance I hate it when we lose !!
The only consolation I can offer is that you’re not alone!

I was talking with the lads in our after match post mortem yesterday. The weekend mood change between a win and a defeat is severe.

I was hoping advanced years and added maturity might help take the edge off a defeat. Who was I kidding?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking it well then??? Sadly nothing new for any Wolves fan l'm sad to say.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That is very unlike your normal very civilised self ‍♂️

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Can't really explain why but normally I just take defeat on the chin and get over a defeat by the time I get home a couple of hours after the match yet yesterdays loss is still ****ing me off even too a point where I don't even feel like going again anytime soon, even though I know I will be there as usual against Spurs.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't really explain why but normally I just take defeat on the chin and get over a defeat by the time I get home a couple of hours after the match yet yesterdays loss is still ****ing me off even too a point where I don't even feel like going again anytime soon, even though I know I will be there as usual against Spurs.
Its probably because, (like Huddersfield, Norwich, Burnley before them ), this was a game we were confident we would win with the added issue that this season it was equally critical that we at least not lose. We can take defeat against the Sky 6 and even the likes of Leicester, Everton etc but losing to some clubs perceived as being somehow 'lesser' than us really hurts.

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Its probably because, (like Huddersfield, Norwich, Burnley before them ), this was a game we were confident we would win with the added issue that this season it was equally critical that we at least not lose. We can take defeat against the Sky 6 and even the likes of Leicester, Everton etc but losing to some clubs perceived as being somehow 'lesser' than us really hurts.
I get that though I never watch us expecting to win but always hoping of course and always expect us to be competitive and give our all.
The problem yesterday was it should of been like a cup final for us knowing where it would put us in the league if we won but we never really looked like scoring albeit playing reasonably 1st half and we were up against a pretty poor team.
At half time we should have had a change of plan and really got at them but came out just the same and then as soon as they scored it was pretty much game over. One of the main reasons is our forward line is pretty lightweight anyway but the decision to not buy a Wood/Antonio type centre forward means we have to find a different way to beat teams like this but it appears we don't have that in us from either the manager or the players.
Hopefully it was just a bad day at the office but it does seem to be an ongoing problem for us against these type of teams.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easier said than done but you should try to compartmentalize life’s setbacks and put them into perspective.
Its all we can do.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was massively ****ed off at 5pm yesterday and stil am. We would essentially be 12th right now had we have won, which we should have and right on the coat tails of 10th spot.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t enjoy them , ****ing Bournemouth :-(

PS Up the Wolves
That’s why I had oysters on Friday. Wolves can’t ruin them……….. that said the ****ing appalling round of golf I played did.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only consolation I can offer is that you’re not alone!

I was talking with the lads in our after match post mortem yesterday. The weekend mood change between a win and a defeat is severe.

I was hoping advanced years and added maturity might help take the edge off a defeat. Who was I kidding?
I feel your pain. I try and rationalise it, but to no avail. I am still a grumpy **** when we lose.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is ****, but there are more pressing things to worry about than our lousy football team
There are indeed, but sometimes the emotional overrides the rational and a Wolves loss is often one of those times

bully9

Reaction score
It’s all part of being a Wolves fan ,it should of read Out Of Darkness , More Darkness , if it was a woman you would divorce her and never see her again but unfortunately they ain’t , ps next week will be different, keep telling yourself that

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
next your going to tell us they had run out of ****ing oysters, LOL.
I hate the slimy little critters,

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was extremely ****ed off on the walk back to the car, but gradually de-compressed on the drive home listening to Newcastle conceding two and having their goalie sent off! Got home, gave the dog a stroke, the wife a kiss (her team Stoke had also lost!), took the top off a bottle of Butty Bach and all was well with the world. I'm too ****ing old to waste nervous energy on the result of a football match. There'll be another one next wik.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Went home thinking how many times have I witnessed a match like that over the 50 odd years of watching the Wolves . It was a classic smash and grab . They were so poor , time wasting all the amateur dramatics feigning injury . They came for a draw and got lucky . On to the next one. Keep the Faith

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I try not to be over emotional and to detach myself as much as possible but I just can’t do it. I honestly just can’t.

The emotional rollercoaster of being a Wolves fan. You’re never on the level for long before a dip or rise is around the next corner. I too thought as I got older, it would mean less and get easier. In reality it’s the opposite, I have got worse.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After a defeat I don’t watch Match Of Tbe Day, switch off the radio sports channels, don’t buy a morning newspaper, don’t listen to the radio phone ins, don’t look at the league table, don’t read the Express and Star match report, don’t look at the league table.

What I do do is shout at the telly, moan continually at the wife, shout at the cat, go to bed, have a lie in, swear like a trooper, stop eating, say all the players are c*** and drown my sorrows with a few bevies to get over it.

I then wash myself down and look forward to our next game.

Been doing all that for nigh on 55 years and will always be the same. Some things never change when you’re a Wolves fan!

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you're living in Brittany and buying oysters for tea, then I can only assume you're keeping Wolves in your life to provide some misery to help you to realise how lucky you are otherwise? Should be grateful our club helps you to keep it real. ;)
Charente Maritime and starter for lunch, I take your point tho’
UTW

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After a defeat I don’t watch Match Of Tbe Day, switch off the radio sports channels, don’t buy a morning newspaper, don’t listen to the radio phone ins, don’t look at the league table, don’t read the Express and Star match report, don’t look at the league table.

What I do do is shout at the telly, moan continually at the wife, shout at the cat, go to bed, have a lie in, swear like a trooper, stop eating, say all the players are c*** and drown my sorrows with a few bevies to get over it.

Been doing all that for nigh on 55 years and will always be the same. Some things never change when you’re a Wolves fan!
Same here !!
UTW

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's sad, but I watch MoTD half expecting a different result. Never happens, and strangely we look worse than I remember.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we win, I walk differently, talk differently, and act differently. When we lose, I feel physically sick. I don't watch any highlights, vlogs, or anything. The only way I can deal with it, is to completely switch off.
Your first sentence perfectly explains my feelings after we beat Liverpool and Southampton.

Your second sentence perfectly explains my feelings after we lost to Bournemouth.

Stingray II

Reaction score
Hicko, I get you. Last week I stubbed my toe and fractured it. It' s super painful if I move it. This coincided with my car being in the body repair shop (Some jerk rear-ended my car while I was at a red light.). So I've been walking 2 miles a day to work on a fractured toe. On Friday, due to my own fault, my home got flooded. My hardwood floor is ruined. Machines are drying out my home. They're very loud. I can't sleep. Then Saturday, Bournemouth happened. This one hit me the hardest since the Watford semi.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hicko, I get you. Last week I stubbed my toe and fractured it. It' s super painful if I move it. This coincided with my car being in the body repair shop (Some jerk rear-ended my car while I was at a red light.). So I've been walking 2 miles a day to work on a fractured toe. On Friday, due to my own fault, my home got flooded. My hardwood floor is ruined. Machines are drying out my home. They're very loud. I can't sleep. Then Saturday, Bournemouth happened. This one hit me the hardest since the Watford semi.
Home getting flooded shouldn't be a problem for someone who has the moniker 'Stingray'; it should be normal. ;)

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sad thing is I'm absolutely used to this **** now and an element of apathy has crept in. I fully expected us the get done by Southampton, so to go down to ten man and yet pull a win out of the jaws of defeat was damned near a miracle. Even more surprising, was a little bit of hope and faith creeping back in.
But no, we just postponed the inevitable Wolvesy way and came completely unstuck against pathetic tactics and had no ideas of our own at all at a time when we should have been the clear favourites and had too much for them to handle.
Normal service resumed.

Last edited:

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
Hope you didn't miss the opportunity at Mass to pray for a result at Fulham on friday.

Back
Top Bottom