Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Does my head in

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The oysters, foie gras, caviar and Penfold Grange is going to go down a treat tonight.
Penfold Grange? You utter pleb! A mathusalem of Dom Perignon Rose Vintage Coffret Gold 2000 surely lol.....

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Went to buy some oysters this morning after Mass from our local supplier who is a big rugby fan ( La Rochelle) told him Saints had won but I was a footy fan and really ****ed off!
Since last night I’ve been mumbling away, ****ing Wolves , ****ing bottom of the league Bournemouth , ****ing Bournemouth. The.good lady says “ you …………!!! Jump in with.a you just don’t ****ing understand!!!!
Hate it, just hate it, ruins my weekend, turns me more against the BBCand their coverage of Wolves.
À defeat does my head in, do I feel better for posting this. not a ****ing chance I hate it when we lose !!
Bournemouth for ****s sake !!!
::-( :-( :-(
Starting to think that this guy has a point!

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There was a thread about this some years ago after a very similar article. The gist wasn't about football per se, but very similar in arguing that as you mature you should know better than to become such a slave to anything that gives you nothing tangible except memories.

With all the other opportunities on the earth to improve yourself culturally, educationally and situationally with evidence to show your progression through life, this guy was horrified to think that all he'd have to show for his life was that he'd have poured a fortune into watching Notts Forest 1500 times and forgotten most of it, but basically stood still when he should have been getting on.
It wasn't saying that bonding with mates wasn't important, but that there should be more to life and it was his own weakness and lack of ambition that had prevented him expanding his horizons, so he aimed to put a stop to it. Not sure how it ended up.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does my head in that......everyone could see we needed a no.9 but instead we went and spunked 40m on Cunha. WTF.
The lad from Cov at a fraction of that would have been more useful. I just don't get it, how totally blind/inept were the decision makers for the cunha deal. And Guedes, don't even get me started on that one.

T

TheConcourse

I feel the same. The investment, both financial and emotional outweighs the return by an absolute chasm.

When the final whistle went against Leeds I couldn’t believe we had to wait two weekends to put it right, but last weekend without the football, totally switching off and spending time with the family was way more enjoyable.

I’m very very close to packing it all in. The game is a shadow of what it was in terms of enjoyment both in terms of our ability and external forces that impact every week outside of the players.

Atmospheres are crap, pricing is ridiculous and above everything, 16 hours after the final whistle I’m still mumbling to myself about how useless we are around the house.

It begs the question: what’s the point?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does my head in that......everyone could see we needed a no.9 but instead we went and spunked 40m on Cunha. WTF.
The lad from Cov at a fraction of that would have been more useful. I just don't get it, how totally blind/inept were the decision makers for the cunha deal. And Guedes, don't even get me started on that one.
Would still need service.
As for Guedes, made Trincao look positively enthusiastic.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are all way too emotionally invested to ever give Wolves in.

When you think about it though, it is mental isn’t it. I reckon I spend more of my life thinking about Wolves than literally any other subject, and I include my family in that. I worry sick about permutations that are completely out my control, like now with relegation.

You then look at the impacts results have. That Bournemouth result for example, I flew out to Tenerife the next day for a week, yet I spent the first half the holiday struggling to lift my chin off the floor as was still totally gutted, my mood only then lifting when the Fulham game come around. Weekends are made, or not, by Wolves results. Wolves win, I’m a better, nicer person. The family are happy, we are all happy. My mom made a comment yesterday that she has spent 40 odd years essentially living with the Wolves, in terms of how it effects my dad, brother and me.

Flip side though, the good times. The Bully years, the special, special times under Nuno, they are amplified so much more thanks to the journey you have had to get there. Some of those times under Nuno in particular. Was like getting 40 years of payback from the football gods.

Some fan bases are different to others. For me, majority of Wolves fan base is similar to those of clubs like Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds in that we are so emotionally invested. More so than many other clubs.

In summary, not quite sure what point I’m making, other than, if I’m being honest, still wouldn’t swap any of it for the world.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I feel the same. The investment, both financial and emotional outweighs the return by an absolute chasm.

When the final whistle went against Leeds I couldn’t believe we had to wait two weekends to put it right, but last weekend without the football, totally switching off and spending time with the family was way more enjoyable.

I’m very very close to packing it all in. The game is a shadow of what it was in terms of enjoyment both in terms of our ability and external forces that impact every week outside of the players.

Atmospheres are crap, pricing is ridiculous and above everything, 16 hours after the final whistle I’m still mumbling to myself about how useless we are around the house.

I moved away recently so no longer can attend.

The hours spent on here, especially in a transfer window, plus watching the games+ watching the games of other teams we're competing against makes me ponder.

I am tempted to give it up for the reasons you say. Wonder what use I could make of the extra time.

I think a good compromise might be just watching the games, just wolves, just once a week.

If we sign someone, I'll see him on the pitch, if we nearly sign someone, then I'll never know or need to know.

Cut out all the other crap

T

TheConcourse

I moved away recently so no longer can attend.

The hours spent on here, especially in a transfer window, plus watching the games+ watching the games of other teams we're competing against makes me ponder.

I am tempted to give it up for the reasons you say. Wonder what use I could make of the extra time.

I think a good compromise might be just watching the games, just wolves, just once a week.

If we sign someone, I'll see him on the pitch, if we nearly sign someone, then I'll never know or need to know.

Cut out all the other crap
Yeah, I feel the same. I don’t think I’ll be able to give up watching the games, but I’m going to try and shift my mindset.

Tbh, above everything, I don’t like my football persona. It’s totally different to my real-life persona.

I would literally never call someone a **** in the real world if they told me that Semedo was crap. It’s utterly ridiculous.

If I bumped into JL today I’d probably fanboy the **** out of it. I definitely wouldn’t replicate my words on here over the last 24 hours. Imagine!

“Oi Julen, pack your bags you useless ****. Why aren’t you playing Cunha off a main striker!”

It’s a mad mad game.

Last edited by a moderator:

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's the best thing I've done, handed it all back in, only one thing left is Wolves but beyond that I've no interest in football and I'm better for it, actually participating in other interests and doing other things, the hold is gone.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When you think about it though, it is mental isn’t it. I reckon I spend more of my life thinking about Wolves than literally any other subject, and I include my family in that. I worry sick about permutations that are completely out my control, like now with relegation.

You then look at the impacts results have. That Bournemouth result for example, I flew out to Tenerife the next day for a week, yet I spent the first half the holiday struggling to lift my chin off the floor as was still totally gutted, my mood only then lifting when the Fulham game come around. Weekends are made, or not, by Wolves results. Wolves win, I’m a better, nicer person. The family are happy, we are all happy. My mom made a comment yesterday that she has spent 40 odd years essentially living with the Wolves, in terms of how it effects my dad, brother and me.

Flip side though, the good times. The Bully years, the special, special times under Nuno, they are amplified so much more thanks to the journey you have had to get there. Some of those times under Nuno in particular. Was like getting 40 years of payback from the football gods.

Some fan bases are different to others. For me, majority of Wolves fan base is similar to those of clubs like Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds in that we are so emotionally invested. More so than many other clubs.

In summary, not quite sure what point I’m making, other than, if I’m being honest, still wouldn’t swap any of it for the world.
The above is true but when I looked at it back, it's just not been worth it. Not much symbolism with it but I remember feeling like, 'that's it, I'm done', went round my house and found anything Wolves related, shirts, tickets, framed shirt, framed picture of Molineux, etc etc, boxed it all up and put it in the cupboard, it's sat there for nearly 3 years now and probably will to the day we leave this house. It's helped by not really being affordable to go anymore, which has essentially moved to Wolves being out of sight out of mind, and I don't miss it.

But, as you said, it is testament to that hold that I'll still watch the games out of habit, still look on here, and friends made over the years remain, but it doesn't feel like it bothers me afterwards, just switch it off if it's bugging me and go do something else, and whatever happened in those 90 minutes is forgotten.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I had to miss the last half hour yesterday as I was travelling to Las palmas Airport, followed online so knew we'd drawn, so felt slightly relieved, but my mood heightened at the airport as we were flown home on a changed plane the dreamliner, it is a beautiful plane, but the villa fans were there gloating:(

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Is this the thread where the glory hunters come to justify walking away? ;)

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
The hard part is managing our expectations, if you can just go to a game and have a day out with friends and/or family and enjoy the wins and draws but not get to wound up about the defeats then it's ok but if it takes over your life and controls your mood for days after then that becomes a problem when things are not going well. The spurs chap had let football completely take over his life and that can't be good and needed to get some perspective back which it appears he has for now at least.
The reason many of us probably feel like we do at the moment is because we are in such a precarious situation and every point counts and we are desperate to avoid relegation, though the lack of goal scoring intent doesn't help either.
The reality is we need this season over and regardless of which division we are in next season as long as we not in this same position again things will feel better.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s the problem. Don’t think I’ve slept for more than 5 hours a night between the Leeds and forest games and will be even less until we confirm safety

For what - if we did go down, it would probably be more entertaining, better refs, no VaR, and easier to get tickets . Yet staying in prem seems only thing that matters right now

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually did walk away for 18 months after the Hoddle season.

Me and my cousin had a season ticket in the North Bank from 99 to 2006. At the end of the 2006 season we packed it in. I was that drained and fed up, I just lost complete interest and didn’t see much of Micks first season at all. I was busy with mates from college and the time flew by.

07-08 I got a season ticket again with my brother and we’ve had one ever since.

My cousin hasn’t stepped foot back in Molineux since, has kids now and works most Saturdays.

On the other hand, I have plenty of mates who would love to go and a) didn’t jump on the Nuno bandwagon in time and b) will not pay the walk up prices Wolves charge.

I’ve met some really good mates through the football and that’s what keeps me there really.

dgm6769

Reaction score
I'm in a dark place right now, my wife had a failed operation to remove her cancer 5 weeks ago and is now terminal.
You would think that Wolves and football in general would be the farthest thing on our minds but it just will not go away, a good result for Wolves let's that little bit of light shine through the blackest of clouds but the results and performance lately just darken an already miserable time.
Wife is a huge Wolves and football fan more so then me at the moment.
I keep telling myself I'm not interested or bothered about the results but even in the darkest time this ****ing club will not stop the emotions on match day .

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in a dark place right now, my wife was had a failed operation to remove her cancer 5 weeks ago and is now terminal.
You would think that Wolves and football in general would be the farthest thing on our minds but it just will not go away, a good result for Wolves let's that little bit of light shine through the blackest of clouds but the results and performance lately just darken an already miserable time.
I keep telling myself I'm not interested or bothered about the results but even in the darkest time this ****ing club will not stop the emotions on match day .
I am truly sorry to hear that mate. I'm sure that you will look after her and try to make her remaining time as enjoyable as possible. Please don't, though, forget to look after yourself too.

Hopefully Wolves will give her a lift over the rest of the season.....

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm in a dark place right now, my wife had a failed operation to remove her cancer 5 weeks ago and is now terminal.
Very very sorry to read this, an awful situation for you both.
Wolves are very good at showing support at such times, and I'm sure you'd be able to arrange some sort of contact from the club if you thought it would give your wife a boost.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saddened to read this.
I started this rant thread for selfish reasons.
Reading your post reminds me that there are many more important things in life than a football result.
Wishing your wife and yourself the strength and love to deal with your news.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very very sorry to read this, an awful situation for you both.
Wolves are very good at showing support at such times, and I'm sure you'd be able to arrange some sort of contact from the club if you thought it would give your wife a boost.
Good shout

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's more common for football fans to be miserable than happy. There are only four fanbases in the top flight you'd truly describe as delighted right now - Arsenal (because they might win the league, but if they don't, after leading so long, it will be crushing), Newcastle (top three, huge improvement, but they may not make the CL, etc), Brighton (things have never been better, play great football) and Brentford (punching above their weight). Man City, Villa and Fulham will be reasonably satisified also, but the standards will be that much higher next year. The rest are morose in their own way, because of perceived underachievement.

My emotions aren't personally affected by football, it's the other way around. When my personal life is going well, I pay hardly any attention to football, I just watch Wolves, do the predictions league, watch the occasional MOTD, but I don't care so much. When my life is crap, I throw myself into football so that I don't have to think about the far more important things that are falling apart around me. Right now, a Wolves relegation scrap is by far the least stressful thing I have to worry about, so I spend a ridiculous amount of time on here and other sports sites burrowing into it. I'd much rather be focussing on whether Bueno will be fit, or if Cunha can hit the target, than stuff that matters and would be eating away at me if I let it.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Very sorry to hear this and nothing I can say can change anything. life can be terribly cruel and illness and mortality can make anyone question the existence of God . I hope in his mercy you are given the strength to deal with all the issues and find some light in the darkness …do not expect Wolves to provide it but I hope they do if it can be a positive for you and your wife. Best of luck.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your wife I went through the same four years ago
Any spark of positivity help
Let’s hope the football results go our way and give you a lift
One day at a time brother

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am so sorry. You must be going through hell at the moment. I doubt anything anyone can say will make you feel better, but I really hope Wolves can bring you both some joy this season.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s really sad to read. Best wishes and god bless to you all.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So sorry mate. Devastating. love and respect for you both.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Because in another 40 years we’ll have another 3 years of being really good again

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep yer yed up aer kid
Theres a few of us on here gone through the same thing, its hard, and theres nothing anyone can say or do to make it better
This football team has always played a part in all our lives,and believe me they always will whatever happens
Dont forget the motto brother Out of darkness cometh light

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ I am so sorry to hear that. Sending you all my best wishes and positive thoughts.

Without going into detail I’ve been through the worst 18 months of my life due to my daughters health. Seeing someone you love seriously ill is crucifying, it’s so all consuming and unbelievably mentally and emotionally draining. It just hollows you out.

I hope Wolves win for you and shine a tiny bit of light.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am so sorry to read about your wife. Unfortunately there is little that anyone can say that will help or provide comfort for you and your family but she will be in our prayers.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I am very sorry to hear this, let’s hope Wolves can help a little bit by beating Chelsea.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So very sorry to hear this.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
So sorry, I remember you telling us Yr wife had cancer, pancreatic wasn't it? My cousin went through this 16yearz ago so I do have an insight into what you are both going through, all I can do is send my love and best wishes to you both , and if Wolves bring you a little light relief, that's OK x

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Christ I am so sorry to hear that. Sending you all my best wishes and positive thoughts.

Without going into detail I’ve been through the worst 18 months of my life due to my daughters health. Seeing someone you love seriously ill is crucifying, it’s so all consuming and unbelievably mentally and emotionally draining. It just hollows you out.

Lots of positive thoughts and good wishes to you to KW xx

T

TheConcourse

Sorry chaps. Love to both of your families.

Back
Top Bottom