Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diego Costa

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other option was Andy Carroll wasn't it? We left ourselves in a right hole, hopefully we'll rectify it this month
It wasn’t a hole, it was a chasm!

We look so good box to box, with Neves, Nunes (very good against United) and Moutinho (or whoever) but when we get to the eighteen yard area everything becomes nothing. All our approach play stops and nothing happens.

We must get someone in (or get Raul back to his best) who will get on the end of our approach play and make defenders work, think and worry in the eighteen yard box. Someone who will put defenders under pressure and give them no time on the ball and be comfortable.

I hope Cunha is that player, but is he an out and out goal scorer and the answer to our prayers? We’ll know very soon.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hasn't chipped in with any goals, but he must be the link for us successfully talking a few more Brazilians into joining us?

Wolfmeister75

Groupie
Reaction score
Think when Andy Carroll was mooted as a potential signing most of us nearly cried. But I reckon he’d have been more effective than Costa.

T

TheConcourse

He looked good in the Brentford game before being sent off. I would not write him off at all.

I think the addition of Sarabia is going to increase our creativity in the final third and Costa will benefit from that.
Can really only remember one chance we’ve created for him - an actual chance - Palace away.

He’s had a couple of half moments, but he’s largely been feeding off less than scraps.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not good enough for the PL, that much should have been obvious to whoever decided to bring him in.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of favour completely at the moment, or fitness issues? Personally, he is above Raul in the pecking order IMO

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised he didnt make the bench yesterday. Hope he isnt injured now that Hwang is crocked as well.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of favour completely at the moment, or fitness issues? Personally, he is above Raul in the pecking order IMO
From the Wolves vids he seems to be the class clown, joking around but we still need him till the end of the season. I thought Jimenez was pretty woeful yesterday. His touch has just gone and he offers very little up top now. The old Jimenez would have scored with that pretty easy lob over Allison.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It might be that we have simply bought 6 players and someone has to lose out.

crash2772

Reaction score
Costa hasn’t been good, but he does consistently make runs into the box.

So while he would have been a step slower, he would have got there IMO. It’s a chance most would finish, so you’d back him to get his first in that setting.

He also would have made a run towards a post on the Neves goal.

Back
Top Bottom